• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Gym at Changi?

CGK
    Any Gym at Changi?
    « Thread started on: Oct 1st, 2006, 2:17pm »
    It says it all. Is there any gym at the transit area at Changi? I vividly remember seeing a gym further accross from the Transit Hotel.
    Thanks!

StarG
    Re: Any Gym at Changi?
    « Reply #1 on: Oct 1st, 2006, 2:32pm »
    Plaza Premium Lounge seems to have it.

http://www.changiairport.com/changi/...ml?__locale=en

http://www.plaza-ppl.com/sg_en/index.php

jjpb3
    « Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:23am »
    The equipment isn't very comprehensive, and I'd feel exposed to prying (shocked) eyes from passers-by as I pant my way to some kind of workout. The PPL isn't that shabby, though, and if I didn't have the option of going to a gym for another couple of days, I'd consider it.

Much better for getting the stress out of your muscles is the 30-minute back and shoulders massage also offered at the PPL. Never fails to have me smiling and ready to the next SQ segment (oh, the sacrifice ).

(CGK: the PPL is across the transit hotel.)
    « Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:25am by jjpb3 »

KeithMEL1985
    « Reply #3 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:34am »
    Feeling like you need to burn off the First Class meals?

CGK
    « Reply #4 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:54am »
    on Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:23am, jjpb3 wrote:

The equipment isn't very comprehensive, and I'd feel exposed to prying (shocked) eyes from passers-by as I pant my way to some kind of workout. The PPL isn't that shabby, though, and if I didn't have the option of going to a gym for another couple of days, I'd consider it.

Much better for getting the stress out of your muscles is the 30-minute back and shoulders massage also offered at the PPL. Never fails to have me smiling and ready to the next SQ segment (oh, the sacrifice ).

(CGK: the PPL is across the transit hotel.)

As suggested, I should do work out to loose weight and tone my chubby body. Last night I was planninng to do an exercise in the Westin SFO, but too many football players around. Too shy. And will be travelling in the plane for more than 24 hours.
    Thanks for all ther reply.

Well, for the visitor to Singapore, I did not go to the gym at Changi for the reason mentioned by jjpb3, but I went to California Fitness at Orchard Road near Meritus Mandarin (and, yes, got an approval stamp from jjpb3 ). It costs SGD35 and make sure you bring your own lock so that you don't need to buy $5 lock.

Comment

There are two gyms in the airport.One wld be PPL in Terminal 2.The other one is on level 3 in Terminal 1.Managed by the Transit Hotel.They even hv sauna and a rooftop pool if u wanna bask in the sun.
      Last edited by B777-300ER; 1 February 2007, 01:09 PM. Reason: wrong terminal

Comment

i tried the one in T2. Quite nice.
        It's nice to spend some time there when you have a very long transit.
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Working...
        X