No announcement yet.

[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the name is simply the Private Room (which is, amongst other things, also the name of a room in the Ivy restaurant in London) ?

I can imagine some people may be confused (or excited ) if told to go to the Private Room after check-in!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      It's about time they open that part of the SKL.
      Hopefully there is some added features/services on the other side of the "F & R only" entry requirement.
      I was told before that this would be a full service lounge. One of the reasons that it has taken so long to open this side is due to the human resources issue.

So, we should prepare to be amazed.

I wonder what the shower and the dining facilities will be like inside. I've got to fly F soon to experience this. But, I will wait for a report from Nickbot first to see if it is worth the money.

Anyone knows if SQ would let the F pax to bring in a guest to this TPR?

Comment

It's not always that I get to enter a super exclusive lounge, but rather unexpectedly I've got an SQ F flight out of SIN next month. I wonder if they'd let me into TPR if my flight actually departs from T2? I think they do per the first post; or I hope so anyway. (I am overnighting at the T3 transit hotel and intend to check out the lounges in T3 before heading over to T2)

Will attempt to complement nickbot's breaking report as best as I can if I get in.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 26 June 2008, 09:41 PM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          Good question. Anyone know the answer? i kinda suspect it's been defined, but it might have been a sticking point for a while, contributing to the delay.

Comment

I was told before that this would be a full service lounge. One of the reasons that it has taken so long to open this side is due to the human resources issue.
            Yep. Heard different rumours about this as well, including three or four chefs employed to work on the a la carte dining area. A 'human resources issue' was also the reason they lost by far the best bar man they have had in a while and left them with an unmanned bar in T3, after a dispute over requests for bar staff to go around the current SKL F in T3 taking drinks orders from pax at their seats. Allegedly, so I heard, rumour round the camp fire etc...

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            I wonder if they'd let me into TPR if my flight actually departs from T2?
            Shouldn't be a problem. I regularly use the other terminals SKL for flights and usually the lounge dragons will just point out your flight is from the other terminal, which is understandable.

Comment

As far as I know, no guest. Remember: only Suites and First Class BP holders only.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                As far as I know, no guest. Remember: only Suites and First Class BP holders only.
                Hmmm. *A F rules allow F pax to bring a guest into the lounge. BA's CCR and LH's FCT/FCL also allow guests.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                  Hmmm. *A F rules allow F pax to bring a guest into the lounge. BA's CCR and LH's FCT/FCL also allow guests.
                  Sorry.. need to clarify. "Only Suites and First Class pax on Singapore Airlines."
                  Thus *A F pax will still be able to have a guest, but only to the SKL F.
                  And yes, TPR will be occupied only with SQ R and F BP holders.

Comment

As far as I know, no guest.
                    Oh, that's going to go down well....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Well, you can have a guest, if the guest is also traveling in SQ Suites or First Class.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        More exclusive than you could ever imagine!

Comment

Well, you can have a guest, if the guest is also traveling in SQ Suites or First Class.
                          Does anyone foresee more complaints for customer services to deal with? Various members of the family (grandpa, grandma, children, other members of the extended family) having to sit out in the first lounge?

Comment

Sorry.. need to clarify. "Only Suites and First Class pax on Singapore Airlines."
                            Thus *A F pax will still be able to have a guest, but only to the SKL F.
                            And yes, TPR will be occupied only with SQ R and F BP holders.
                            But SQ F/R pax have by virtue of *A rules the right to bring one guest into the designated F lounge, which is TPR (yes I realise LH doesn't follow the rules either by allowing guests but requiring the guest to be on the same flight).

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                              But SQ F/R pax have by virtue of *A rules the right to bring one guest into the designated F lounge, which is TPR (yes I realise LH doesn't follow the rules either by allowing guests but requiring the guest to be on the same flight).
                              Presumably the SKL F (not TPR) is the designated *A F lounge.

Comment

The idea, I think, is to have an environment where all the patrons are all in Suites and First Class on SQ only. Thus by allowing a guest who might be flying J or Y, will diminish the value of being R or F pax. The argument was that, from the customer inputs, the majority of SQ R and F pax prefer not to share the lounge with other than R and F pax only. They prefer not to have someone brings guest who flies in J or Y.
                                Of course, for us, that would be a disappointment, because we have the opportunity to have lounge meets with other flyers. But hey, majority of those SQ R and F pax are not on line here nor the other forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X