This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
    Does somebody know which lounge you can use when flying from ZRH in F?

regards m
    You should be allowed in the LX F lounge, but that's quite a distance away from the terminal where SQ flies from. You'll still have to allow time for the train with the cow bells and yodelling sounds.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I don't know about other times of the day but I found the food offering in the LX F lounge broadly the same as that in the LX J lounge outside, the LH operated *A lounge and the lounge above the gate which SQ uses (Bellevue I think ?) - nothing beyond a croissant!

Comment

I would definitely prefer the Bellevue Lounge to the LX J Lounge. More light; fewer grumpy people; and closer to the actual boarding gate.

(I haven't been able to check out the LX F Lounge yet. )

Comment

SQ uses Swissport Lounge and Bellevue Lounge at Terminal E ZRH. As far as I remember, about two hours prior to SQ flight departure, the lounge will have additional food offerings courtesy of SQ. But I had not been there for a while.
          But, jjpb3 is right. Taking that cowbells and yodelling train ride is something to talk about. Well LX F lounge was not great in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            As far as I remember, about two hours prior to SQ flight departure, the lounge will have additional food offerings courtesy of SQ.
            No extra food courtesy of SQ for the single SQ F pax (me) when I was last there!

Comment

I like the Bellevue Lounge - they have rather nice coffee.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                No extra food courtesy of SQ for the single SQ F pax (me) when I was last there!
                Probably they want to cater to ZRH-SIN pax, not renegade ZRH-MAN pax like you?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Probably they want to cater to ZRH-SIN pax, not renegade ZRH-MAN pax like you.
                  I think that's what it is. Too early in the morning for MAN bound flight. But now, SQ ZRH-SIN will leave at decent hour. Sandwiches would be appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Probably they want to cater to ZRH-SIN pax, not renegade ZRH-MAN pax like you?
                    Hmmm, yes, wouldn't want most of the food snaffled by the time the real F pax turn up!

Comment

As I have 4 hours in ZRH I will visit every lounge I am allowed to enter and will give a short review of each one.

regards m
                      Last edited by hon2; 28 June 2007, 11:21 PM.
                      You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
                        I did go into the adjacent LH SEN lounge, and it's tiny and crowded, with even more limited, albeit slightly different, food & drinks selection. It closes shortly after 9pm, when the LH flight departs.

The overall lounge experience at EWR for SQ passengers is definitely subpar, now that VSCH is off limits to us.
                        Yup...no more Clubhouse access in EWR...I'm in the SEN lounge now. Had an interesting time getting in. The lounge dragon at the shared SEN/SAS lounge desk kept insisting "You are on SQ so you must use the SAS lounge" until her colleague came by and told her "But he is our Senator. Of course he can come in."

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          Yup...no more Clubhouse access in EWR...I'm in the SEN lounge now. Had an interesting time getting in. The lounge dragon at the shared SEN/SAS lounge desk kept insisting "You are on SQ so you must use the SAS lounge" until her colleague came by and told her "But he is our Senator. Of course he can come in."
                          Haha, very nice. It's good to belong!

Comment

With the opening of the new terminal in Ho Chi Minh (SGN) there is now a combined Star Alliance lounge near the gates used by UA, SQ and TG.

Comment

Just noticed this sticky appears a few years out of date - should we start another updated thread in case the Op isn't normally around? (apologies in advance if he/she is around)

Comment

Working...
                              X