[SIN T3] SKL F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    A reminder from Laurent: No tarmac view. The view is the boarding area for Gate A1 - A8.

But according to:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ws/news_05.jsp

Located at level 3 above Departure Gate A1, it is 4,000 square metres of luxury, with walls adorned in fine marble and rich timber. The high ceiling gives a sense of space and full-length windows allow customers to enjoy unparalleled views of the tarmac in peace and quiet as they relax in seats upholstered in soft leather.

Comment

Are you saying that this lounge is not what it was promised to be ?.

Last edited by MAN Flyer; 4 March 2008, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        But according to: http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/krisflyer/news/latestnews/news_05.jsp
        Located at level 3 above Departure Gate A1, it is 4,000 square metres of luxury, with walls adorned in fine marble and rich timber. The high ceiling gives a sense of space and full-length windows allow customers to enjoy unparalleled views of the tarmac in peace and quiet as they relax in seats upholstered in soft leather.
        Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Are you saying that this lounge is not what it was promised to be ?.

Look at the picture below. The left part shows full-length windows. Should be another two weeks to open?

Comment

Look at the picture below. The left part shows full-length windows. Should be another two weeks to open?
          Indeed. But that comment outlined by jhm is on singaporeair.com now, and that lounge is not yet open. So it is, at best, misleading...

I would presume that when it does open, the message on the website will be marked with an '*' which will state that unless you're in F or R you can forget getting in anyway. TPP's are not welcome in there.
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 4 March 2008, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I think that's pasta in the photo.

Was offered a choice of Ipoh hor fun and pasta. Guess which one I went for?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
              Was offered a choice of Ipoh hor fun and pasta. Guess which one I went for?
              Both

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Both
                No! I had the Ipoh hor fun first. Popped over to check-out SKL C. Decided that although SKL C has a wider variety to choose from, the quality in SKL F was much better. So back into SKL F for more cooked on demand hor fun.

Why not pasta? Can cook that easily at home lah!

Comment

These were my 6 am breakfast last time I was at SKL F at T3.

Comment

So I just experienced the SKL T3 last night and I have mixed feelings. Yes it's modern and hipper than the one in T2. What worries me is the lack of space. I was in there last night after 9PM and the place was packed with little or no place to sit. Another troublesome issue IMO is the location. Seems like it would be more reasonable to put it in the middle between the A and B gates rather than at the far end. I'm guessing its location might have more to do with the location of the F Check-In Lounge.

Guess I'll have to revisit the SKL T3 one day to re-evaluate. It is nice to see a new lounge, but you would think they would build one that has room to grow.

SQ LPP what time are you normally there? Seems rather empty during your stays.

SQ LPP what is your take on the shower? At most I thought the water temperature was just luke warm.

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
                      SQ LPP what time are you normally there? Seems rather empty during your stays.
                      Most of the time I was there (6am to 9am or 7pm to 1130pm), it's always busy. And I did not have a thick skin to take pictures. All my pictures of the empty lounge was taken between 1 am to 5:30 am when I decided to stay at the lounge with DeltaFlyingProf. I am sure you can guess. It was a result from a jetlag and from drinking Krug on previous flight.

SQ LPP what is your take on the shower? At most I thought the water temperature was just luke warm.
                      Hope you give a feedback on this. I have been telling the staff that the shower is not that hot... and the temperature adjustment is somewhere at the bottom shower pipe... I think.

Comment

what is your take on the shower? At most I thought the water temperature was just luke warm.
                        Another attempt by SQ to cut cost?

Oil is now at an all time high!

Comment

IME, the shower at SKL F T3 is good. The water has never been lukewarm. It would have been nice to have a toilet in there too though. Make it a one stop thing.

In the dining room now. The floor vibrates once every several minutes (landings?).

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                            In the dining room now. The floor vibrates once every several minutes (landings?).
                            Similar to this ?

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3429

Comment

Actually the staff feels the vibration everywhere when I mentioned to them about phaleesy's computer desk vibration fetish! We were standing by the podium towards the F section, and we felt the soothing vibration.

Comment

The floor vibrates once every several minutes (landings?).
                                That's the TPP's grumbling about the poor F lounge...

Comment

Working...
                                X