No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had wondered if and when SIN-EWR is resumed non-stop if SQ might revisit SIN-FRA-JFK. It could be rerouted through another European city, perhaps with USPC, on a B77W or A380.

FRA would become a double daily terminator.

Comment

• SQ217/218 is back to the A380s w.e.f today.
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
        I had wondered if and when SIN-EWR is resumed non-stop if SQ might revisit SIN-FRA-JFK. It could be rerouted through another European city, perhaps with USPC, on a B77W or A380.

FRA would become a double daily terminator.
        I was questioning this too myself. They might put a 77W depending on how the overall loading could be and might also do a nonstop in addition. It all depends on how many 359ULR they get and how they can utilize it around the US Network.

Comment

• I think Airbus have managed to squeeze a failrly significant amount of extra performance out of the A350. This may allow later frames to operate, for example, LAX and SFO non-stop on a non-ULR airframe.

This might mean a double daily EWR is realistic on the existing order.

I can still see a niche for a one-stopper to New York. The EWRs will be premium heavy and there will be space for a more standard SQ configuration. The example of MAN/IAH is a good model to follow, where two (really three) traditionally thin routes have combined to form one increasingly strong route. Seems sensible to replicate this if possible. Unless SQ are really committed to the FRA-JFK market, they can pretty much pick any market they like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
            I think Airbus have managed to squeeze a failrly significant amount of extra performance out of the A350. This may allow later frames to operate, for example, LAX and SFO non-stop on a non-ULR airframe..
            SFO is operated non-stop on a non-ULR A350.

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
            This might mean a double daily EWR is realistic on the existing order. I can still see a niche for a one-stopper to New York. The EWRs will be premium heavy and there will be space for a more standard SQ configuration. The example of MAN/IAH is a good model to follow, where two (really three) traditionally thin routes have combined to form one increasingly strong route. Seems sensible to replicate this if possible. Unless SQ are really committed to the FRA-JFK market, they can pretty much pick any market they like
            The FRA-JFK is now on the schedule for a few decades, even during the time SQ operated the Non-stop SIN-EWR. The one-stopper has survived, so I don't believe that the flight is a niche.
            I think double daily to NYC is what it is, SQ will have enough challenges to fill both flights, and I think the stop in FRA will help them to do so. I don't see the point of moving it to another European city, the NYC route is crowded anyway and to go to a second tier city would just drive down yields.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
              SFO is operated non-stop on a non-ULR A350.
              Apologies - I omitted to mention operated non-stop "without payload restrictions westbound"

Comment

• Does anyone know if the 10th anniversary of first flight of A380 will be celebrated in a special way? 25 October 2007 - 2017. There has been a plan to fly SQ222 with the new A380 with all new suite and biz class interior, is it still on?

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...ney-in-october
                Last edited by SilverKrisSRG; 7 July 2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• 9V-SKJ is finally back in service, operating SQ802/807 today (09JUL17). In standard livery.

Comment

• http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...er?xtor=CS1-10

Article in today's ST.

Comment

• 2018 for the new birds?

Comment

• Was delivery for the first new A380 not intended to be in 10-2017? Are there delays to the original schedule?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          Is this the 501th article/news that we have seen in 2017 about the upgrade on SQ A380 that has not even been taken place?

I reckon we have seen news about SQ A380 upgrade every other w̶e̶e̶k̶ day yet no details apart from reducing the number of Suite from 12 to 8 and etc have been announced...

Comment

• You can't rely on the article.

"The retrofit will not be carried out for SIA's first five superjumbos, which are expected to be returned to lessors when their time is up next year."

We already know 9V-SKA has been returned to the leasing company.

Comment

• Straits Times call it "Airbus 380 extreme makeover".

Comment

• According to the latest edition of the SilverKris magazine, the number of A380s in service has reduced further to 18.

That might mean another A380 being retired?

Moreover, it seems the refurbishment of A380 might mean no more Economy class cabin on the upper deck?

Comment

Working...
                                X