The Private Room (and the whole T3 SKL) needs renovating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Private Room (and the whole T3 SKL) needs renovating

The Private Room and SKL in T3 continue to be disappointing, from my visit last week flying Suites. Even fell below CX The Pier first/business class lounge in HKG, nor the Qantas Lounge in T1.

The possible thing is, renovation for whole T3 SKL and The Private Room, cancel the F section of SKL (not The Private Room) and end the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge (*G use T2 SKL or meal voucher)

Anyone think so? A world-class airline with sub-par lounge is unacceptable.

Originally posted by GCHaviation View Post
    The Private Room and SKL in T3 continue to be disappointing, from my visit last week flying Suites. Even fell below CX The Pier first/business class lounge in HKG, nor the Qantas Lounge in T1.

The possible thing is, renovation for whole T3 SKL and The Private Room, cancel the F section of SKL (not The Private Room) and end the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge (*G use T2 SKL or meal voucher)

Going with the meal voucher option for *G will be taking a step further down the road as compared to the current lounge option (which I agree is crap unless compared to US-based lounges).
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
      Going with the meal voucher option for *G will be taking a step further down the road as compared to the current lounge option (which I agree is crap unless compared to US-based lounges).
      That's an option, the another option is *G use SKL in T2. Since Changi is pretty good and *G will satisfy with meal vouchers handed.

Apparently UA *G and premium cabin pax has no access to United Clubs without international itinerary, you need paid membership or one-time pass (other *G can access United Club before flying domestic itinerary)

Comment

That's an option, the another option is *G use SKL in T2. Since Changi is pretty good and *G will satisfy with meal vouchers handed.

Apparently UA *G and premium cabin pax has no access to United Clubs without international itinerary, you need paid membership or one-time pass (other *G can access United Club before flying domestic itinerary)
        SQ has only international itinerary.
        I will rather SQ just take away the KF Gold status with this kind of arrangement.

Just curious, have you try to travel between 2 terminals personally?

Comment

Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
          SQ has only international itinerary.
          I will rather SQ just take away the KF Gold status with this kind of arrangement.

Just curious, have you try to travel between 2 terminals personally?
          Take 2-minute ride on Skytrain that running every 3 minutes. I did that for my DME flights arrive in T2, but my MEL flights departing T3.
          Anyway, based on your recommendations, I'd say The Private Room, SKL and KFGL needs a desperate renovation.

Comment

I am not able to follow you:

Silverkris Lounge: This is (still) a very good lounge offering for any business class lounge: nice design, good food offering, generous alcohol and beverages

First Class Lounge: I think this upgraded offering is targeted at Solitaire not flying First Class and I don't see why SQ should penalize that group of customers.

The Private Room: The champagne offered here is massively better than what CX gives you in the Pier and Wing (SQ currently offers Blanc des Millénaires 1995 – Champagne Charles Heidsieck; CX is offering Peninsula or Moet).

*G: SQ is doing the right thing by having an 'exclusive' *G Lounge and keep those people out of the Silverkris Lounge.

While I agree with the comment that the First Class Lounge and The Private Room are old and outdated, the Silverkris Lounge is still very good. I don't think that SQ should change their current concept.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              I am not able to follow you:

Silverkris Lounge: This is (still) a very good lounge offering for any business class lounge: nice design, good food offering, generous alcohol and beverages

First Class Lounge: I think this upgraded offering is targeted at Solitaire not flying First Class and I don't see why SQ should penalize that group of customers.

The Private Room: The champagne offered here is massively better than what CX gives you in the Pier and Wing (SQ currently offers Blanc des Millénaires 1995 – Champagne Charles Heidsieck; CX is offering Peninsula or Moet).

*G: SQ is doing the right thing by having an 'exclusive' *G Lounge and keep those people out of the Silverkris Lounge.

While I agree with the comment that the First Class Lounge and The Private Room are old and outdated, the Silverkris Lounge is still very good. I don't think that SQ should change their current concept.
              Reply to your opinion:
              SKL: Desperately needs a renovation, T3 one didn't renovated from 2008, needs a new one-class SKL design that combines SKL F and J before 2018.
              It's far away from J only competitor (QR/UA), not even close to medium-grade cardholder lounge (multiple CX/QF).

SKL F: Not much difference to SKL, just a more exclusive area, I think SKL will be a one-class premium lounge after renovation. Some extra services will be provided to *A F pax/Solitaire PPS (like Qantas in SIN/HKG/BNE/PER).

The Private Room: Where I'm taking about, it desperately needs a renovation, it was leading F lounge back in 2008 (even claimed revenue F pax only back then, not even mile F pax), if The Private Room continue to be SQ F pax only, they should offer a choice of Dom and Krug, like onboard SQ.
              In today, it's far away from its F only competitor (QR/AF), not even close to top-grade cardholder lounge (CX/QF/EY/LH/LX).

*G KFGL: SATS can open another lounge that contract SQ and other *G traveling on *A here or SQ will renovate KFGL with less food and beverage option.
              Last edited by GCHaviation; 25 January 2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I fail to see why the Silverkris Lounge is not a very good lounge just because they are not aligned to the new design concept that's featured in Sydney or London [it's questionable why they don't feature the design in their hub but the lounge offering is definitely better than UA].

The Private Room today offers top notch champagne on the level with Krug and Dom (Blanc des Millénaires 1995 – Champagne Charles Heidsieck).

The Private Room has never been a top notch lounge and needs a complete redesign.

First Class Lounge: Even in cities where the new design "connects" F and J lounge, there are still two different areas with different access rights. The F lounge will always stay.

SQ will always run their own *G Lounge as this is a good source of income and hence will not defer to SATS.

Comment

I don't get all the hate for the homebase SKL (and TPR). I like classy decor, and the abundance of food and beverages.
                  Maybe it's just that most people get bored after a few years and would expect that airlines should give their lounges a makeover.

Or maybe it's that while the lounge has all the facilities and amenities expected of it, it doesn't have a unique selling point (CX's bar in The Pier, or EY's massage services). For that I always felt SQ could leverage on what Changi does so well- indoor gardens. A large indoor garden would really brighten up the place and add to the ambiance, maybe with some fragrant plants for a sensory boost. Something of a "tropical paradise" theme of sorts. That would definitely stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                    I don't get all the hate for the homebase SKL (and TPR). I like classy decor, and the abundance of food and beverages.
                    Maybe it's just that most people get bored after a few years and would expect that airlines should give their lounges a makeover.

Or maybe it's that while the lounge has all the facilities and amenities expected of it, it doesn't have a unique selling point (CX's bar in The Pier, or EY's massage services). For that I always felt SQ could leverage on what Changi does so well- indoor gardens. A large indoor garden would really brighten up the place and add to the ambiance, maybe with some fragrant plants for a sensory boost. Something of a "tropical paradise" theme of sorts. That would definitely stand out.
                    True I agree and I am fond of Changi SKL and TPR and having a tropical area or theme would represent what SG is.

But I do have to note the SQ seems to take the classic elagence theme while I do think its a "safe" choice and its ok, my only gripe now is that the lighting is kinda dark I do hope they can consider taking a contemporary approach in the future and offer a bright and energetic feel.

Comment

To qualify for KFEG is useless when flying SQ, but not when flying other Star Alliance carriers.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post

"Those people"?

Why can't WE get a shower just as well as anybody else?

The KFL has a poor choice of food and I've questioned quality on the odd occasion I decided to go in. I much prefer DNATA's lounge just a few feet away - they do a far superior job in food and beverage, have separate eating and lounging areas plus have showers.

I have colleagues traveling in from Europe, and it's quite a poor image for them to compare what they get at home and what the equivalent is here. I get better lounge service in Europe and elsewhere in Asia than I do at "home"......."Thank you for your loyalty."

Wouldn't be so bad but flying out of Singapore on SQ is crazy expensive in comparison to SQ tickets purchased just about everywhere else, to here.

Having said that, the SKL is good, and very good in comparison to the KFL but it does need a bit of maintenance. I prefer other locations, but T3's is still a good choice.

Comment

Working...
                        X