Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    Wow, it seems SQ can't get it together with their A359s.

SQ323|21JUN operated by 9V-SMM is cancelled and re-timed due to technical issues. AOG again. According to a Twitter conversation between a passenger and @SingaporeAir, it seems it is an issue with engine #1.

I believe similar to SFO, this is the 2nd time in a week for AMS.

The PETD is now 1000 LT on 22JUN17.
    The PETA is now 0405 LT on 23JUN17.
    Could that be this cancellation that resulted this morning (22/6) SQ217 to be serve by 9V-SQM?

Comment

The A359s are beginning to become far too problematic. This number of significant delays is incredibly un-SQ and it hasn't just been limited to one or two lemons. Numerous A359s have had their day or days on the ground.

I can honestly say that in over 10 years of regular SQ flying, I've never suffered a delay over 30 minutes and all delays have been caused by airport congestion or flying conditions. As more of these planes take over my regular flights, it concerns me.

(Well actually I was once delayed by 168 hours, but Eyjafjallajökull was beyond everyone's control!)

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        The A359s are beginning to become far too problematic. This number of significant delays is incredibly un-SQ and it hasn't just been limited to one or two lemons. Numerous A359s have had their day or days on the ground.

I can honestly say that in over 10 years of regular SQ flying, I've never suffered a delay over 30 minutes and all delays have been caused by airport congestion or flying conditions. As more of these planes take over my regular flights, it concerns me.

(Well actually I was once delayed by 168 hours, but Eyjafjallajökull was beyond everyone's control!)
        I hope my father doesn't suffer the A350 delay in September/Oct to/from SFO. He's only taking it as for going solo, he'd need to reach DEL by 6AM so reaching at 7PM at Changi does well for him rather than earlier at noon.

It is worrying me as I've heard some things like this of the A380s, nothing much from the Boeings, at least not this dramatic.

Comment

9V-SMM is currently en-route AMS-SIN as SQ9323 with an ETA of 0520 LT. A full day late and arriving about the same time as today's scheduled SQ323.

SQ317|22JUN and SQ51|22JUN are both running just over an hour or so late.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Turns out 9V-SMM was AOGed due to a hydraulic leak. She will be flying to KUL as SQ118|23JUN later.

Also missed this one out;

SQ337|20JUN which was supposed to depart DUS at 1155 LT, only departed 2 days later (1607 LT|22JUN). Arrived into Changi this morning at 1053. Operated by 9V-SMA. I wonder what happened with this one...

Comment

Also SQ31 departed 3 hrs late around 2:30PM the time SQ15 used to depart for ICN/SIN and is estimated to arrive at almost 10PM according to fr24. I don't know what's going on, aircraft involved was 9V-SMN

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                Turns out 9V-SMM was AOGed due to a hydraulic leak. She will be flying to KUL as SQ118|23JUN later.

Also missed this one out;

SQ337|20JUN which was supposed to depart DUS at 1155 LT, only departed 2 days later (1607 LT|22JUN). Arrived into Changi this morning at 1053. Operated by 9V-SMA. I wonder what happened with this one...
                Does anyone know of or monitor CX or QR A350 flights in terms of delays? I guess the B787 also had teething issues, but they were quite public.

SQ can't possibly be happy with this level of reliability.

Comment

Another delay involving SQ346.

23JUN dep. 1:25 was delayed until 5:06. Estimated arrival into ZRH almost 3 hours late at 11:07. The plane, SKP, arrived at SIN from PVG more than 2.5 hours prior to scheduled departure time, so the delay was not caused by a late arrival.

Comment

SQ832 operated by 9V-SRM just did a strange flight pattern, inclusive of a full orbit midway through its route up to PvG. Any one knows what that could be? Just curious.

Comment

• SQ337|20JUN impacted by the cancellation. I choose this route especially for the A350 and concerned to see all the technical issues and cancellations...
                      The delay handling in DUS airport was abysmally poor especially thinking of SQ even as PPS.
                      now trying to get compensation for this!
                      first delay of that sort in 15 years flying with them.

Comment

• Currently on SQ802 to PEK.

Flight has been delayed for almost 1.5 hours due to aircraft swap this morning. Not sure what happened to the original a/c but the captain informed us of aircraft inservicability. The entire crew had to deplane and most of the passengers had to re-clear security due to the gate change (B2 -B7). Kilo Bravo was towed in and is flying us there instead.

Comment

• The ones going to Shanghai today are not so lucky. Many flights are still on ground in SIN.

SQ826|24JUN
                          STD: 0115
                          ATD: 1349

SQ828|24JUN
                          STD: 0805
                          ETD: 2030

SQ830|24JUN
                          STD: 0945
                          ETD: 2100

SQ832|24JUN
                          STD: 1245
                          ETD: 2130

SQ836|24JUN
                          STD: 1725
                          CANCELLED

Shanghai flights in recent days and weeks have suffered a lot of delays due to ATC restrictions and adverse weather conditions.

China Eastern Airlines flights are not spared either.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                            The ones going to Shanghai today are not so lucky. Many flights are still on ground in SIN.

SQ826|24JUN

SQ828|24JUN

SQ830|24JUN

SQ832|24JUN

SQ836|24JUN
                            CANCELLED

Shanghai flights in recent days and weeks have suffered a lot of delays due to ATC restrictions and adverse weather conditions.

We had a day of delays but I had one question:

Do flights typically depart earlier than scheduled? Today's 828 (which is usually scheduled for 8AM) departed at 7:10AM. I remember one case of it departing 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I find it unusual, not as unusual as flights departing later.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              We had a day of delays but I had one question:

Do flights typically depart earlier than scheduled? Today's 828 (which is usually scheduled for 8AM) departed at 7:10AM. I remember one case of it departing 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I find it unusual, not as unusual as flights departing later.
                              The flight was re-timed to STD: 07:05AM for today (26JUN17). It eventually departed at 07:35AM.

It is not very common for scheduled commercial passenger flights to depart (become airborne) earlier than Scheduled Time of Departure (STD). But not unusual they do depart (pushback from the gate) early since the target pushback time is usually based on the STD.

If all passengers have boarded in good time, say 15 minutes before STD, the pilot might request for an earlier Target Off-Block Time (TOBT).

So for a 0805 departure, the TOBT might be revised to 0755, so they can receive the clearance to push and start earlier. But even then by the time they taxi to the runway and finally take-off, it is usually past STD.

But I guess it is possible during the lull periods in Changi when there isn't much traffic or at airports where it is not busy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                The ones going to Shanghai today are not so lucky. Many flights are still on ground in SIN.

SQ826|24JUN

SQ828|24JUN

SQ830|24JUN

SQ832|24JUN

SQ836|24JUN
                                CANCELLED

This may have also caused SQ866 on 24 Jun to have a last minute equipment change - went from 77WR to 77WN. Wonder what compensation was offered to the PY passengers...

Comment

Working...
                                X