Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which seat to choose in J class on A350?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which seat to choose in J class on A350?

My first post here. Any advise?

Hi SQ_326!

Some pics of the A350 J cabin here to help you decide!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      Hi SQ_326!

Some pics of the A350 J cabin here to help you decide!
      Thanks! The seats look similar to those in B777 300ERs...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
        My first post here. Any advise?
        19K ...

Comment

The problem is Row 19 is blocked for reservation due to baby bassinet so you can only try during check in.

A350 is smaller (and narrower) than b777w so in terms of overall experience the compartments and work space is less but seat is same. Overall feel is cabin feel tighter too.

People have noted row 11 while bulkhead is not good due to plane curvature. I'm on 11k in Sep so I'll share my views and pic after that trip.

Best J to me is row 11 on the 777w series and row 17 on a380

For A350 if u r traveling alone any window seat is good but do avoid near the toilets generally for less disturbance. Also do note the bulkhead and last row seats nearer the galley potentially have disturbance from the cabin crew (because they are doing their work) so this maybe a consideration point. Some others have noted that a350 galley is smaller so crew tend to make more noise by nature of limited space.

If traveling in a pair I still choose Windows plus 1 middle seat as it easier to communicate as the centre divider is quite obstructive (my opinion).

My last a350 was a short one to kl so not much to comment besides the overall tightness compared to the 777. I was in 16a and 20a regular Window seats they were good seats to me overall
          Last edited by alian; 4 August 2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
            The problem is Row 19 is blocked for reservation due to baby bassinet so you can only try during check in.

A350 is smaller (and narrower) than b777w so in terms of overall experience the compartments and work space is less but seat is same. Overall feel is cabin feel tighter too.

People have noted row 11 while bulkhead is not good due to plane curvature. I'm on 11k in Sep so I'll share my views and pic after that trip.

For A350 if u r traveling alone any window seat is good but do avoid near the toilets generally for less disturbance. Also do note the bulkhead and last row seats nearer the galley potentially have disturbance from the cabin crew (because they are doing their work) so this maybe a consideration point. Some others have noted that a350 galley is smaller so crew tend to make more noise by nature of limited space.

If traveling in a pair I still choose Windows plus 1 middle seat as it easier to communicate as the centre divider is quite obstructive (my opinion).

My last a350 was a short one to kl so not much to comment besides the overall tightness compared to the 777. I was in 16a and 20a regular Window seats they were good seats to me overall
            Sorry OT abit, I will be taking 96A for my upcoming SQ26 flight, is it good as this seat has mixed reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by vinvinz View Post
              Sorry OT abit, I will be taking 96A for my upcoming SQ26 flight, is it good as this seat has mixed reviews.
              Some pics of row 96 on the A380 upper deck here.

They look good to me.

Comment

They look good to me.
                I have a red eye flight coming up in Oct with an A380. Isn't 96 proximity to the toilets a concern?

Comment

They look good to me.
                  Coincidentally I just got off SQ26 in Frankfurt and traveled on 96A. It is my favorite on the all upper deck J config A380. It is larger and feels very private.also, the aft cabin tends to be less crowded so you get very good attention from the crew which are also just behind you.

Only drawbacks are the lavatory flush noise as it's right behind and potential disturbance from babies as the 2 middle seats on that row have bassinets. The feet area tends to get a bit cold.

All in all I love the extra privacy and room beyond the little nuances

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post

I second your opinion! After 4 sectors on the A359 I couldn't find a comfortable spot in the forward or aft cabin. Row 19 is considerably shorter than Row 11 on the 77W. Seats 19A/19K has a chubby hole despite being a bulkhead. And location just behind the galley ensures Regular annoyance from the crew's movement and lighting disturbance from the drawing of the curtains. And the closeness to my neighbour really spooks me too. The aisle are really really narrow and those oversized overhead bins make the cabin feel so much smaller.
                    If this is the future of aviation,I feel disappointed that passenger comfort is the last thing on the engineer's mind and passenger comfort are being compromised in exchange for operator's bottom line.

i've given up on the A350 for my trips to Southampton via AMS and it's back to LHR for train connection to Southampton. The 77W is loud and dated but still deliver a more comfortable overall experience to me.

Comment

Originally posted by vinvinz View Post
                      Row 96 is a mixed bag. Privacy yes. Space is great. But it gets cold at the back so some may not like. The only grip I have is disembarking. You'd be one of the last and if J is full then it maybe a bit of a wait and I prefer to reach immigration as fast as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
                        I have a red eye flight coming up in Oct with an A380. Isn't 96 proximity to the toilets a concern?
                        I used it from SIN-LAX early this year. No issue with toilets.

Back end toilets get hardly used, there is some noise from staff but ear plugs sorted that out.

Comment

Thanks all. Let me try 96 in the a380 and a window seat in the a350. I still like the 777-300er albeit it is noisier.

Comment

Any idea if 14K is good seat on SQ A350? Or would someone suggest any other J seats on this aircraft?

Comment

I scooted back to my favorite SQ326 because seat 11A was available. Moreover I dislike redeye flight. As I will be heading to Vienna, it doesn't make much difference if I transit at Schipol or FRA Airport. Alas, no chance to try A350 yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X