No announcement yet.

New SKL in LHR T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks yflyer and MAN Flyer! It's a shame. I was looking forward to visiting the new lounge. I really should change my nick from LHR to Changi, since I'm no longer based in London.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      Hi LHR,

I was given the choice of either the United Lounge, Air Canada Lounge or Plaza Premium Lounge.
      I was just told at check-in for SQ317 to only use the Plaza Premium Lounge because the AC and UA lounges are apparently too busy in the mornings. Did one lap of the PPL's windowless room and am now enjoying an almost empty AC lounge as their closest flight departs at 9.00am. So a bit surprised they're telling people not to use this lounge.

Comment

That was my experience as well!

The Plaza Premium lounge was dire - we spent 5 minutes in there before heading over to the UA lounge. Much better! Decent selection of food at breakfast time and champagne available.
        Last edited by Underachiever; 15 November 2014, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks Underachiever and mrwp2000. I will definitely give PPL a miss and probably go for AC lounge.

Comment

Just finished up my TR on SIN-LHR-SIN on SQ which includes some coverage of T2 and the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge (Star Gold Lounge), which is one of the suggested temporary SQ lounges options.

You can read about it here...

Comment

I'm in the T2B United Club at the moment, waiting for SQ319.

The check-in agent who checked me in said he believed that the new SKL should be open before Christmas. That being said, he also admitted that SQ's previous two announcements were that the lounge was opening at the end of October, then again at the end of November, so it's hard to say when the new lounge will be opening.

SQ has lounge arrangements with the Plaza Premium Lounge in T2A. They seem to targeting this arrangement primarily to passengers flying in SQ317/SQ305. Passengers flying in SQ319/SQ321 are mostly suggested to go the the United Club or to the Maple Leaf Lounge. Passengers in Suites/First can also go to the United Global First Lounge.

I made quick visits to the LH Senator Lounge, the AC Maple Leaf Lounge and the United Club. The United Club seems to be the largest, while the Maple Leaf Lounge is the smallest. Food seems to be the best at the Senator Lounge, which is catered by Do&Co.

However, the Senator Lounge also seems to be the busiest (at least at this time). This might be because the LH Lounge is in T2A, where most of the short-haul gates are, and hence where most of the passenger traffic is. The United Club and the Maple Leaf lounge were both fairly quiet when I visited, though the AC Lounge seems to be cosier.

No photos, unfortunately: I take terrible ones that wouldn't be worth posting online.

Comment

The UA Global First Lounge closes at 6pm making it less than useful for Suites pax on the SQ321. The F alternative would be the LH Senator lounge I guess, but that's a long walk from the gate, so effectively if you're in Suites on the late flight you have UA Club or AC options (UA is the better one).

Comment

Originally posted by chisquared View Post

The check-in agent who checked me in said he believed that the new SKL should be open before Christmas. That being said, he also admitted that SQ's previous two announcements were that the lounge was opening at the end of October, then again at the end of November, so it's hard to say when the new lounge will be opening.
                  I believe the current target is around 20 December.

Comment

Flying tonight out of LHR. Still no SKL. Anyone flying out of here after the 20th?

Comment

Originally posted by chisquared View Post
                      Flying tonight out of LHR. Still no SKL. Anyone flying out of here after the 20th?
                      I fly out on the 19th at night, so unless they somehow open it a day or two before the target date, I'll JUST miss the opening.
                      I'll instead be using the AC Maple Leaf lounge in the same area.

In either case, I would sincerely hope this lounge (and any subsequent new SKL) will not be like the one at HKG...

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                        I fly out on the 19th at night, so unless they somehow open it a day or two before the target date, I'll JUST miss the opening.
                        Well, the 19th is around the 20th...

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                          You might not be that close to the opening apparently, things are 'allegedly' running a bit behind, again.

Comment

Any update as to when the renovated lounge might open?

Or even better, any reports of the new lounge?

Comment

Originally posted by michaelpowell44 View Post
                              Any update as to when the renovated lounge might open?
                              Not at the moment. Waiting for HAL to pull their finger out, apparently. What a surprise.

Comment

Does anyone have any information when this lounge will open???
                                Must be a big, bold and beautiful lounge being built.

Comment

Working...
                                X