New SKL in LHR T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SKL in LHR T2

Hi all, I booked a redemption LHR-SIN in April 2014 in F, hopefully SQ319 will still be with the new cabin !
    What lounge(s) will I be entitled to in LHR ? In particular what about the supposedly-fantastic Virgin lounge ?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Durian View Post
    Hi all, I booked a redemption LHR-SIN in April 2014 in F, hopefully SQ319 will still be with the new cabin !
    What lounge(s) will I be entitled to in LHR ? In particular what about the supposedly-fantastic Virgin lounge ?
    Thanks
    I think that's in a different terminal. You'll get to use SQ's F.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      I think that's in a different terminal. You'll get to use SQ's F.
      Thanks, I found out that the Virgin Clubhouse is also in T3, same as SQ departure gate However not sure SQ F/R pax can still use it (it used to tbe the case several years ago apparently).

Comment

Not allowed anymore - you can access it as PPS but only when travelling on VS. SQ F/J have not been entitled to access for a few years now.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
          Not allowed anymore - you can access it as PPS but only when travelling on VS. SQ F/J have not been entitled to access for a few years now.
          OK, thanks I guess it won't be as good as the VS lounge but I think I read somewhere the P/J SQ lounge was renovated last year.

Comment

OK, thanks I guess it won't be as good as the VS lounge but I think I read somewhere the P/J SQ lounge was renovated last year.
            Frankly speaking, from my observation the renovation made no difference at all! I would say it is more of a touchup than a renovation. To made it worse, the current ETD between SQ319 & 321 is closer, the result is a very busy lounge. They could be holding up investing in a refurbishment with the anticipated move to the new T2 for *A carriers, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc View Post
              Frankly speaking, from my observation the renovation made no difference at all! I would say it is more of a touchup than a renovation. To made it worse, the current ETD between SQ319 & 321 is closer, the result is a very busy lounge. They could be holding up investing in a refurbishment with the anticipated move to the new T2 for *A carriers, hopefully.
              If the new T2 lounge is anything like the new *A one at LAX, I would be very happy!

Comment

As stargold says, VS CH access sadly ended a while ago, around the same time SQ were booted out of VS's Zone A at T3. The JCL side of the SKL recently had a lick of paint and a touch up.

SQ have their own brand new SKL in T2 when that opens next years, and we are promised something special. I'll believe it when I see it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  As stargold says, VS CH access sadly ended a while ago, around the same time SQ were booted out of VS's Zone A at T3. The JCL side of the SKL recently had a lick of paint and a touch up.

SQ have their own brand new SKL in T2 when that opens next years, and we are promised something special. I'll believe it when I see it myself.
                  Thanks all for your responses. As this will be my 1st ever F flight and in the new cabin, I will be so excited that I could be lounging at McDonalds it would not make a difference I think

Comment

Thanks all for your responses. As this will be my 1st ever F flight and in the new cabin, I will be so excited that I could be lounging at McDonalds it would not make a difference I think
                    Unfortunately, there isn't a mcdonalds in LHR T3...

Comment

Originally posted by lfc View Post
                      Unfortunately, there isn't a mcdonalds in LHR T3...
                      This guy's parade keeps getting rained on!

Seriously, it's a pity the OP'll not get to try the VS CH. It absolutely wiped the floor with SQ... and a side note: I believe even back then, entrance was denied to SQ J pax, only those on an F ticket or KFEG (not any old *G) or higher?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

Seriously, it's a pity the OP'll not get to try the VS CH. It absolutely wiped the floor with SQ... and a side note: I believe even back then, entrance was denied to SQ J pax, only those on an F ticket or KFEG (not any old *G) or higher?
                        Hm, I had access when flying SQ J back in 2007 as a KF and *A nobody...it was indeed a much better place than the SKL.
                        /Desert Traveller

Comment

and a side note: I believe even back then, entrance was denied to SQ J pax, only those on an F ticket or KFEG (not any old *G) or higher?
                          JCL pax were allowed in and QPP/TPP were allowed in regardless of class flown IIRC.

A real shame it ended, the VS CH is still my favourite lounge.

Comment

I'm surprised you can't just talk your way through still, matey

Comment

No VS CH, no McDonalds, so what ? BYO, Subway then I guess only the F section of the SQ lounge is left

Comment

Working...
                              X