Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    Has anyone have any experience with the call centre? Read on TOF that dealing with the DC call centre seemed like a breeze compared to this one
    That's South America for you..

Comment

so singapore is pricing in the correct zone now.

I haven't tried the call centre, I've got some miles stashed away now but not sure when I will make my first booking. Hoping to just use the website and not worry about call centres.
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

hi everyone! first time posting in SQtalk, but longtime reader. i posted in the AFF forum (under a different handle) about my friend's experience with the call centre. to summarise, it was quite awful. she was passed from agent to agent and the last one told her she had to do her redemption through the *A website.

anyway, we attempted to make two bookings last night via the website. right now e-ticket numbers are still not showing up. will report back if and when they do... hopefully nothing goes wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Rose View Post
          right now e-ticket numbers are still not showing up. will report back if and when they do... hopefully nothing goes wrong
          Welcome to SQTalk - in my experience they take about 2-3 days to issue. Stock is 202 in case you're wondering -

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Welcome to SQTalk - in my experience they take about 2-3 days to issue. Stock is 202 in case you're wondering -
            thanks SQflyergirl! that is great info. my friend just got off the phone with the bookings' operating carrier (asiana), who told her that they must be ticketed within 72 hours to prevent cancellation. we shall see what happens
            Last edited by Rose; 31 July 2012, 09:44 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Ahh. Experience already. I like it

Comment

Having read the big threads on AFF and FT it seems pretty competitive to me, as long as you dont have a strange routing.

Could be useful for my honeymoon booking.

Comment

i am happy to report that both my friend's and my booking have been ticketed so that took about 1.5 days... though i did make a call to the TACA call centre this morning to ask if they could expedite the ticketing process

i was pleasantly surprised by my experience...though i think one still needs a very large dose of patience when calling in. the agents i spoke to (i was also transferred from agent to agent) were willing to help, and all spoke good english.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose View Post
                    i was pleasantly surprised by my experience...though i think one still needs a very large dose of patience when calling in. the agents i spoke to (i was also transferred from agent to agent) were willing to help, and all spoke good english.
                    Did you call the South American centre or the US one? Or are all the numbers routed to a single contact centre in South America?

Comment

A promo would be handy , any news when it's due dazza?

Comment

Originally posted by shanye2233 View Post
                        A promo would be handy , any news when it's due dazza?
                        They just had one that ended July 31st

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          Did you call the South American centre or the US one? Or are all the numbers routed to a single contact centre in South America?
                          hi silverchris, sorry for the late reply! i called the TACA office direct (cos they were in charge of ticketing my itinerary) and used the Canadian number. think i got routed to the call centre in south america though

Comment

In hear the Miami office might be the place to call. No news on promos but I reckon its not far away

Comment

Post edited due to error
                              Last edited by shanye2233; 29 August 2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shanye2233 View Post
                                Hopefully it's in september . I have a question if I want to get off before my destination which requires a visa can I still board the flight ? I.e SYD BKK FRA ALA getting off at FRA
                                Firstly - yes, you will need to show one.

Secondly, please dont ruin it for others. Abuse of this sort was clamped down heavily at BD - and it only made life difficult for others.

If you want to go to FRA, pay for the full SYD-FRA award. The 'stans, UUS, MLE/KTM tricks are still around - but if you're planning to have a long and fruitful life with Lifemiles, steer clear of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X