Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    If I could, I would...
    Oops...forgot about SQ's crazy short layovers on their continuing flights.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Having said that, I am sure I read on here not long ago that it's the best designed airport in the world so I am sure you will be able to get there and back with ease, and without using a Skytrain.
    hahahahahaha Who in the world would say THAT?

Well here's a preview of a new rant. I've just flown thru 3 US airports and can say that HKG security was run at a far higher level of shambolic incompetence this morning. TSA has nothing on these people.

AT LEAST 500 pax from various arriving flights were expected to pass thru ONE x-ray scanner to get thru transit security back to the departure level. Plus some 20 year old trainee scrutinizing everything on the monitor...

45 minutes in line.
    Oh No! So absolutely no time for the lounge then I presume?

The subject does bode an answer, though... So on a 1.5 hour (and I'm being generous), what IS the best *A lounge (given that the CX lounges are much more of a hike)?
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      Oops...forgot about SQ's crazy short layovers on their continuing flights.
      The layover was 2hrs+, especially after early arrival from SFO.

But why would I be allowed CX lounge access flying SQ?

Comment

The layover was 2hrs+, especially after early arrival from SFO.
        Nice.

But why would I be allowed CX lounge access flying SQ?
        Um...don't you have a shiny Gold Card?
        HUGE AL

Comment

Um...don't you have a shiny Gold Card?
          Oooh, which Gold Card provides access to a OW lounge for a *A pax?
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Oooh, which Gold Card provides access to a OW lounge for a *A pax?
            Yeah, I got caught on that one. Keep forgetting that I luck out with the Lounge Dragons in The USA.

Not the first time...nor will it be the last...
            HUGE AL

Comment

what IS the best *A lounge (given that the CX lounges are much more of a hike)?
              As said previously, the TG lounge at HKG is pretty decent, but it's a trek. The UA RCC at HKG is, strangely for an RCC, supposed to be pretty good but I haven't tried it.

Comment

I quite liked the UA RCC F lounge, but I've tried both and that's where I go for showers if I need it. Also, the OH loves their H2O+ complimentary amenities kit. Very comprehensive.

(and yes, it's a trek from the SKL end also)

Never been that impressed with the TG one, even when in F - I would prefer the RCC over it.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  As said previously, the TG lounge at HKG is pretty decent, but it's a trek. The UA RCC at HKG is, strangely for an RCC, supposed to be pretty good but I haven't tried it.
                  Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  I quite liked the UA RCC F lounge, but I've tried both and that's where I go for showers if I need it. Also, the OH loves their H2O+ complimentary amenities kit. Very comprehensive.

(and yes, it's a trek from the SKL end also)

Never been that impressed with the TG one, even when in F - I would prefer the RCC over it.
                  Good to know...not that some of us may not be on the *A side for a while...
                  HUGE AL

Comment

God only knows why they can't get it right the first time round, but the HKG SKL will be refurbed yet again.

https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...renovation.jsp

Comment

It's not toilets the bl**dy place needs but a totally new location... WITH WINDOWS.

Only SQ could decide the build their lounge in a dark windowless box in an airport that has fabulous views outside from almost everywhere else in the airport. TG's lounge at HKG makes the SKL look like it's for an LCC.

Comment

And yes of course they pick lounges at the opposite end of the airport.....which is perfect for Gate 15 where my A380 flight always departs.

It's not toilets the bl**dy place needs but a totally new location... WITH WINDOWS.
                        To be fair, lounges in SIN are not much better....but toilets would be a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                          And yes of course they pick lounges at the opposite end of the airport.....which is perfect for Gate 15 where my A380 flight always departs.
                          To be fair SQ planes do tend to park in the same vicinity of the SKL, most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                            To be fair, lounges in SIN are not much better....but toilets would be a good start.
                            Indeed, which is sad in your own hub.

To be fair SQ planes do tend to park in the same vicinity of the SKL, most of the time.
                            My last flight out of HKG on SQ was SQ748 and it wasn't too bad.

Comment

After being directed to these temporary lounges some may not want to go back...

To elevate the lounge experience of our customers, SilverKris Lounge in Hong Kong International Airport will be temporarily closed for renovation from end-May to mid-Sep 2014. During this period, eligible customers will be invited to the Plaza Premium Lounge, United Club or Royal Orchid Lounge.

Plaza Premium Lounge: Level 7, Terminal 1 (Use escalator or lift near Gate 40)
                              United Club: Level 7, Terminal 1 (Use escalator or lift near Gate 60)
                              Royal Orchid Lounge: Level 7, Terminal 1 (Use escalator or lift near Gate 40)

Singapore Airlines customers travelling in First Class are invited to use any of the above lounges . Customers travelling in Business Class, as well as PPS Club and KrisFlyer Gold members travelling in Economy Class, are invited to the Plaza Premium Lounge.

Invitations to the United Club and Royal Orchid lounges are based on the prevailing Star Alliance member lounge access policies. Customers may refer to Star Alliance's website for more information.

Comment

My flight left from Gate23 yesterday evening, quite a hike from 40 where the lounges are. As a Thai loyalist I made my where there after first checking the Plaza Premium Lounge near Gate#1 courtesy of PriorityPass - it was too busy.

The TG lounge was light and airy, though a bit hot with the sun beating down through the glass even at 5pm. Clean, good food, comfortable, quick WiFi, what more do you need. On leaving I had a look into SQ's preferred Plaza Premium Lounge and it seemed to be bursting at the seams.

They are all a chuffing long walk from the gate though.

Comment

Working...
                                X