No announcement yet.

SIN T2 Lounges Undergoing Renovation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It says in the OP's post that both the C & F lounges will have their own shower facilities. So we can be hopeful. I guess I will be able to use the F section then in mid-May when traveling to DPS in SQ C. I expect it to be 'cozily crowded' on a Fri evening with F & C pax and TPPs and QPPS in there.

SQ establishing its own SQ KF Gold and *G lounge means maybe that they want to keep that revenue now for themselves rather than passing it on to SATS.

Comment

A dedicated KF Gold lounge is generally a positive step for most, although it further devalues the already near-meaningless benefits of QPP.

Comment

About bl**dy time!. Those SKL's are now pretty grim and tired lounges and well overdue a refurb. I only nip in for a quick drink and a paper these days then go and find somewhere more pleasant to spend the rest of my time in T2.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Is it too much to ask for toilet facilities not to be separated from the shower stalls? I dislike this feature of SIN SKLs.
        +1, but as they haven't got them over in T3 I can't see it happening. It's ridiculous having them seperate.

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        I hope they keep the manned bar in the J lounge.
        I fear that may get 'enhanced' out as they don't have one in T3 SKL J side.

I can see the logic in creating a KF Gold lounge, having one in T3 but not T2 was bizarre. They have quite a bit of space to play around with as well as the lounges are generally quiet these days (maybe many other people also don't enjoy spending time there...) with sections of the J side closed off during the day.

Comment

I have a feeling that the retrofitted lounge will be a twin of the SKL in HKG.

Comment

Indeed the current T2 lounges are outdated and need to be redone.
            Need more natural light into the lounges. Shower suites please (toilet and shower in same room, like the design prior to the current T2 design).

I just hope they will keep the spacious feeling of the SKL F. I really don't like the SKL HKG/SKL T3 side-by-side seating in F lounge. It is not nice when you have travelling companions.
            Wonder if they will keep the slumberette rooms as well. I am guessing they will be 'enhanced out' as well.

Comment

About time actually. Even MH's rimbun lounge beats them.

Comment

Was in the SKL's in T2 yesterday and they haven't started yet. The end of this week is supposed to be when they start. The KFG lounge is apparently going to be on the left hand side where the current J side is.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Not really good news for me. A key element (for me) of the t2 skl's is likely to go away.
                Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                There goes the smoking rooms..... haizzz....
                Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                I hope they don't kill the slumberettes
                The white ladies haven't seen the plans but their understanding is both the smoking rooms and the slumberettes are being 'enhanced'.

Comment

At the SKL in T2 now. The J side has closed for renovations and we have all been directed to the F lounge.

First time here and I have to say I was quite surprised when I asked the ladies for some crackers to go with my cheese and was pointed to a basket of sliced bread and buns..
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                    At the SKL in T2 now. The J side has closed for renovations and we have all been directed to the F lounge.
                    I would imagine that is going to make the F side rather busy.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I would imagine that is going to make the F side rather busy.
                      I was there pretty late (almost midnight) and it was about 50-70% filled. Wouldn't want to imagine what it would be like during the evenings!!
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I only noticed the HagenDaz Ice cream were gone.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                          That's outrageous No I'm seriously mad then as I always eat them. Either way, I will be flying on Fri evening to DPS in C and be in the T2 lounge around 18:00 expecting a zoo. Will report back.

Comment

But is there Ben and Jerry's?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              But is there Ben and Jerry's?
                              Haha... Fat Hope. Nope, don't have. But maybe that's for the better. I need to loose weight anyway. As for the food, I think they have downgraded it as well, now it's like something better than J but not as good as F last time.

I supposed the F passengers in T2 will now flock over to T3 to enjoy lounge there rather than crowd into T2 lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                                Did they run out of it, or did they discontinue it?

Comment

Working...
                                X