Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business class mattress topper?

Hi all,
    Hope you can advise... I'll be flying A350 J class soon. It will be my first time in the new business class. I've always found the old business class bed lacked the comfort of a mattress topper. Has SQ introduced a mattress topper for their new business class?
    Many thanks in advance.

I wouldn't say a new topper. It's similar to the 2006 where there is a cotton mattress when u fold down the bed but it's quit similar in thickness. Material seems better

Comment

Thanks Alian. I can't understand why SQ don't do something to make the J bed more comfortable - esp as so many competitors are now boasting about their mattress toppers (which are very comfortable)!

Comment

It's not bad and find it ok. Not like a 5 star hotel bed but I still can catch 5-6 hours of Zzzs. Having mattress toppers is a space issue especially if u have 40 plus J seats. Read a review from Lucky at OMAAT not all United J pax will have toppers as its limited. So imagine if u happen to be one of the pax when the toppers ran out. Think SQ wanted to avoid this nightmare and designed the seats this way I think it's fine and the best overall solution. The toppers will take up a lot of space.

One of things you'll notice and probably be annoyed with is how narrow the aisles are even in J

Comment

Thanks Alian. Doesn't surprise me about UA running out of toppers - haha! On the other hand airlines like VS and NZ (who share the same seat design) give toppers to everyone.

Someone else warned me about the narrow aisles in J on A350 - 'like economy 737' - blimey! The 77W is a noisy old bird but I do like the sense of space.

Comment

Working...
          X