[KUL] Mini Silver Kris Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
    Always wondered why SQ even bothers with a lounge in KUL since all their flights end up in SIN, effectively a 30-minute flight away.. Rather than build a lounge in somewhere like NRT where they offer Suites/First.
    A slightly strange way of looking at the situation.

SQ have a lounge in KUL as it is one of the largest/busiest markets with a large number of pax going through there per week, many with status. By your logic why have a lounge anywhere outside SIN as almost every flight ends up there?. The length of the flight dictates what is served on board, which in the case of KUL is virtually nothing. NRT is a *A hub and they must deem the NH lounge to be decent enough, unlike TG's lounges at BKK.

Until quite recently SQ really either didn't 'get' lounges or the old arrogance of thinking they were alone on a high pedestal meant they didn't need to bother as most were generally poor. The fame of the old SKL F at T2 years ago was only on the back of them serving Dom or Krug in there, and that got royally abused by many people (including a few long standing members of this place ) buying an F ticket to KUL (ironically) or the old system of PPS sectors, and thus much easier to qualify, and the PPS programme previously allowing QPP's in J access to the SKL F.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      A slightly strange way of looking at the situation.

SQ have a lounge in KUL as it is one of the largest/busiest markets with a large number of pax going through there per week, many with status. By your logic why have a lounge anywhere outside SIN as almost every flight ends up there?. The length of the flight dictates what is served on board, which in the case of KUL is virtually nothing. NRT is a *A hub and they must deem the NH lounge to be decent enough, unlike TG's lounges at BKK.

Until quite recently SQ really either didn't 'get' lounges or the old arrogance of thinking they were alone on a high pedestal meant they didn't need to bother as most were generally poor. The fame of the old SKL F at T2 years ago was only on the back of them serving Dom or Krug in there, and that got royally abused by many people (including a few long standing members of this place ) buying an F ticket to KUL (ironically) or the old system of PPS sectors, and thus much easier to qualify, and the PPS programme previously allowing QPP's in J access to the SKL F.
      Ah I see your point there on the volume and quality of partner lounges offered. That makes sense. Thanks for sharing

Comment

It is scheduled to re-open in late January 2016.
        Can any of our KL residents / KUL regulars (cough ** SQflyergirl ** cough ) confirm if it has now reopened as planned at the end of Jan ?.

Comment

Can any of our KL residents / KUL regulars (cough ** SQflyergirl ** cough ) confirm if it has now reopened as planned at the end of Jan ?.

Erm can't. Cause i haven't been at home for a week, and not gonna be back in KUL for several more yet

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Erm can't. Cause i haven't been at home for a week, and not gonna be back in KUL for several more yet
            Bloody rubbish!. I'll have to check myself tomorrow instead.

Comment

Bloody rubbish!. I'll have to check myself tomorrow instead.
              Enjoy KUL!

Comment

Unsurprisingly it didn't reopen at the end of January. Another couple of weeks according to the ground staff, and guess what, it's going to be no bigger than the box it already is.

Comment

Unsurprisingly it didn't reopen at the end of January. Another couple of weeks according to the ground staff, and guess what, it's going to be no bigger than the box it already is.
                  I think you just be there one day earlier before it is re-opened.

From SQ website, "The Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge in Kuala Lumpur has been re-opened with effect from 05 February 2016."

Comment

Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
                    I think you just be there one day earlier before it is re-opened.
                    So it would appear, exactly one day.

It is another example of what strangely bizarre lying bar stewards you find working at check-in desks as they said another couple of weeks.

Comment

Quick one: Am on Biz MI319 (7:35am departure).. but read that lounge only opens at 7am. No lounge access for me then?

Comment

Sure, for 5 minutes

Comment

My friend and I went to the Silver Kris Lounge (SKL) in KUL to have a peek and asked the receptionist, between SKL and Thai Royal Silk Lounge, which one is the better lounge for KF Gold member. The receptionist at the SKL candidly said in term of food catering, both are the same as both lounges are catered by the same party. The only the difference is the ambience; she said the Thai lounge is more spacious and has better ambience. We smiled and then she graciously recommended us to go to the Thai lounge.

Comment

They were handing out some home made and pretty potent cocktails near the entrance in here yesterday. I had a quick walk around, saw it was rammed as usual and headed to the TG lounge.

Comment

Working...
                            X