[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Unionruler View Post
    Can you enter TPR based on a 48-hour prior online check-in, self-printed BP (no checked baggage of course)?

Wondering about itineraries like this-- SIN-CGK in (insert random budget carrier), followed by redemption CGK-SIN-FRA-JFK in F/R.
    As far as I know, they will let you in as long as you have a valid First Class Boarding Pass.

Comment

• As has been posted elsewhere in the thread about the 2004 Vintage Krug on board, 'standard' Krug is currently being served in TPR.

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
        As far as I know, they will let you in as long as you have a valid First Class Boarding Pass.
        Acccess is only same day as the flight so you won’t get access.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          Acccess is only same day as the flight so you won’t get access.
          I was given access in the past when it wasn't same day flight. Albeit i was on transit, arrival late afternoon and departing mid morning next day. Hence if originating from SIN, unsure if they will allow it.

Comment

• The Private Room has now a Krug Bar placed in the middle of the restaurant area. They almost force everyone to try

Comment

• The Krug Bar will be gone by next week. The staff wasn’t sure whether they will continue offering Krug in the TPR.

Comment

The Private Room has now a Krug Bar placed in the middle of the restaurant area. They almost force everyone to try

Comment

• KRUG Bar is gone and they are serving Dom Perignon in the TPR now.

TPR Staff still doesn’t get it that they should present the bottle in front of guests and not just bring a glas already filled.

Comment

TPR Staff still doesn’t get it that they should present the bottle in front of guests and not just bring a glas already filled.
                    I agree with that. Bearing in mind the removal of the flight screens was supposedly to 'further personalise' TPR experience it's something that should have thought about if they are looking to do that, especially as they make such a fuss over doing it on board.

I am reminded of a flight home to MAN with my brother in F a few years ago (on SQ328 when it was via MUC) with us sat in 1C & D. He was stunned that even though our glasses were literally inches apart the LSS filled his up first then walked all the way around through the galley around to me to fill mine. He tried his best to persuade her to just lean over and ill it but I told him that's they way they are trained so she won't, and she didn't.

Maybe they should have crew working in TPR. MH have tried that at KUL, with missed results to be fair but that's not down to the crew themselves.

Comment

They must be reading this thread as they were bringing the bottle of Dom out each time earlier this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        They must be reading this thread as they were bringing the bottle of Dom out each time earlier this week.
                        That's good because when I was there two weeks ago on Saturday morning, the server didn't present the bottle. But then who orders champagne for breakfast?!

Comment

• Experienced TPR again last week on a F flight to Tokyo.

Plus : Nicer menu presentation + Dom Perignon champagne

Minus : Staff struggle to cope when TPR is full ( usually in late evening ). Told no more lobster during lunch service.

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
                            Minus : Staff struggle to cope when TPR is full ( usually in late evening ). Told no more lobster during lunch service.
                            I was in TPR 2 weeks ago on a Mon evening from 5-930pm....couldn't be more than 10 people in the TPR all evening...and I ordered 2 lobsters as they were so small....
                            Last edited by kpc; 21 March 2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Was in the TPR this afternoon. Kinda sad. Menu is so boring. Claypot rice, burger, satay. There is no lobster. There is no wow. I ordered the seabass in parchment paper, which was supposed to take time to prep, but it came out in 2 minutes. That means it can only have been microwaved, the illusion of actual cooking.

The service is also souless. Ok there is Dom 09 and a decent Bordeaux, but this lounge needs a reboot. Other carriers F lounges seem to be way better.

Comment

• The flight monitors/screens are back in TPR.

Silly idea to move them in the first place, but kudos for reversing the decision and reinstating them.

Comment

Working...
                                X