Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tiltonhall View Post
    Am flying on F but have a friend on J.

I know i cant bring him in to TPR. But can i order some dishes from TPR and have it servd to me outside in normal SKL F area so that my friend can share some of the food?
    If SQ wanted that, you could bring your companion into TPR to begin with. Your friend will stick to the options in the FCL.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      If SQ wanted that, you could bring your companion into TPR to begin with. Your friend will stick to the options in the FCL.
      Ok just asking ... thanks for the reply

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
        Does anyone find the Private Room starting to feel very stale and basically overdue for a revamp? I mean, the decor is starting to look old and tired, and the food menu... they never changed. And as for service, nothing much to speak of. When it first opened, there was a lot of Wow factor. Now, not so much.
        I couldn't agree more. To me, there is no WOW factor in TPR anymore. Stale decor and even stale food. Service is slow and menu just not exciting. The cooked to order stuff is not memorable. The F side lounge in HKG has cooked to order food and it is much much better. TPR is in need of a real makeover.

Compared to the F side in either T2 or T3, often the food looks better to me in the J lounge. Except for peak hours, the F side food doesn't get turned over as quickly as the J side, so there is fish, meat and other food that just gets dried out and stale.

I have found myself, on more than one occasion, going to and enjoying the J side instead of F or TPR lounges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
          I couldn't agree more. To me, there is no WOW factor in TPR anymore. Stale decor and even stale food. Service is slow and menu just not exciting. The cooked to order stuff is not memorable. The F side lounge in HKG has cooked to order food and it is much much better. TPR is in need of a real makeover.
          I believe there is cost containment exercise going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            I believe there is cost containment exercise going on.
            I am sure you are right, CarbonMan.

But, I don't think cost containment should necessarily mean bad service, food and experience, unless the point is to make TPR so bad that people won't go. You can make delicious food at reasonable cost. In fact, it is one of the things about Singapore that is so amazing -- great food can be had at tremendous bargains whether at hawker stalls or local restaurants. I also don't think good service is necessarily a direct function of cost. And service that is attentive, courteous, pleasant and fast in service shouldn't be too hard for SQ to pull off on the ground if they can pull it off in the air.
            Last edited by Short Final; 24 November 2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I also don't think good service is necessarily a direct function of cost. And service that is attentive, courteous, pleasant and fast in service shouldn't be too hard for SQ to pull off on the ground if they can pull it off in the air.
              I have recently been reminded how much SQ spends in time training and re-training their FS. It is an investment that they have not been able to replicate on the ground which in many places are (am not sure if that's the case in SIN) contracted to third-parties due to costs. Hence there's a marked difference in service quality on the ground and onboard. For us on this side of the fence, we may not realise the trouble SQ goes through to get their FS to the quality we enjoy fairly consistently on every flight.

Yes, you're right that cost containment should not necessarily mean bad service, food and experience. Hence their challenge is the proverbial how to do more with less which requires a lot of creative thinking and execution - not easy for some managers. So presumably when the order comes from the top to cut expense by X percent, the easiest thing to do is look at what you can just slash ... from small things like removing flight boards from the lounge (assume that have to pay Changi for it) and delaying refurbishing lounges which is a big ticket item.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                I have recently been reminded how much SQ spends in time training and re-training their FS. It is an investment that they have not been able to replicate on the ground which in many places are (am not sure if that's the case in SIN) contracted to third-parties due to costs. Hence there's a marked difference in service quality on the ground and onboard. For us on this side of the fence, we may not realise the trouble SQ goes through to get their FS to the quality we enjoy fairly consistently on every flight.
                I believe the basic training is 15-16 weeks and only 2 weeks of that is safety. And if I am not mistaken, training for other airlines is half as long for the next airline (someone who knows this better than I, please chime in!).

All that time training is serious money and truly an investment, as you say. But, shouldn't one expect that having such top in-flight service history, experience, institutional knowledge and culture already in the company mean that it could somehow be easily tapped for uses on the ground? We're still only talking about TPR right, which is tiny.

Comment

Compared to the F side in either T2 or T3, often the food looks better to me in the J lounge. Except for peak hours, the F side food doesn't get turned over as quickly as the J side, so there is fish, meat and other food that just gets dried out and stale.

I have found myself, on more than one occasion, going to and enjoying the J side instead of F or TPR lounges.
                  I have never paid attention to how food in F side goes dry and stale due to lower turnaround but you may be right.

I think the issue with SQ F/TPR lounges in general is indeed there is no 'wow' factor anymore. Maybe we are all a much tougher crowd to please and impress. Maybe they are not trying hard enough. However, in my humble opinion, the lounges work. They work similar to the way that CGK T2 Departures (without any wow factor) work in providing stress free departures experience (okay, Saphire or autogate is a must).
                  Of course, as a 5 star airline they need to move beyond that.

Comment

• I'm arriving on an F flight around 5:00am and the departing much later that evening.

Is there a place I can get a couple of hours sleep in the F lounge in T3 or TPR in T3?

Will the F lounge and TPR be open so early?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
                      I'm arriving on an F flight around 5:00am and the departing much later that evening.

Is there a place I can get a couple of hours sleep in the F lounge in T3 or TPR in T3?

Will the F lounge and TPR be open so early?

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg...es/silverkris/

This was option to look at, but prices seem to have soared:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6522
                      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        They work similar to the way that CGK T2 Departures (without any wow factor) work in providing stress free departures experience (okay, Saphire or autogate is a must).
                        Of course, as a 5 star airline they need to move beyond that.
                        It was only on my 3rd experience ex-CGK (traveling with family, no less) that the SQ staff pointed out we were eligible to turn left from the check-in counters and not join the hordes at regular immigration. And this time, we were traveling in J when previously once was J, and once was F.

And what a shame that is, because their in-lounge foot massage price had my wife very happy indeed. Something I'd have done that previously, had I known.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                          The Private Room is strictly for First and Suites pax, no guest allowed. TPPS status does not get you in automatically.
                          Hi StarG, do you know if a non-status pax but travel on Suites, arr at SIN T3, whether he / she can access the TPR or not? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                            Hi StarG, do you know if a non-status pax but travel on Suites, arr at SIN T3, whether he / she can access the TPR or not? Thanks!
                            Yes they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Yes they can.
                              Thanks MAN Flyer.

Comment

• Can you enter TPR based on a 48-hour prior online check-in, self-printed BP (no checked baggage of course)?

Wondering about itineraries like this-- SIN-CGK in (insert random budget carrier), followed by redemption CGK-SIN-FRA-JFK in F/R.

Comment

Working...
                                X