No announcement yet.

New SKL in LHR T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be flying suites from LHR - SIN. Will I be able to use the United lounge in Heathrow T2 with my SQ Boarding Pass? I don't have any *A nor PPS status.

I know I can go to SKL Lounge in T2.. But I'm wondering whether I can go to lounge hopping and go to both United and SKL. Appreciate your feedback and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by grignard View Post
      I will be flying suites from LHR - SIN. Will I be able to use the United lounge in Heathrow T2 with my SQ Boarding Pass? I don't have any *A nor PPS status.

I know I can go to SKL Lounge in T2.. But I'm wondering whether I can go to lounge hopping and go to both United and SKL. Appreciate your feedback and advice.
      Definitely can. Star Alliance lounges welcome Star Alliance pax with business class and above tickets. In fact, the United Lounge people will be very pleased with you because they know SilverKris has a dedicated F lounge yet you are checking out the United Club.

By the way, the United Lounge at Heathrow has a dedicated lounge for their First Class passengers too. I think they call it the United Global First or something along those lines. I think you can use that lounge since you will hold a ticket for Suites. Enjoy!
      Last edited by Guitarsingapore; 20 June 2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I wonder if there is any restriction between SQ and United pax. ie, star Gold status being not recognised. In context of previous reports of United pax being denied access to SFO Sq lounges previously or similar issues facing BA and Qantas passengers at LHR airport lounges.

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
          I wonder if there is any restriction between SQ and United pax. ie, star Gold status being not recognised. In context of previous reports of United pax being denied access to SFO Sq lounges previously or similar issues facing BA and Qantas passengers at LHR airport lounges.
          Good question.

I went to the United website to look up their lounge access policies - http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ge/access.aspx

Other Star Alliance member airlines
          A valid Star Alliance Gold membership card and a same-day boarding pass for travel on a flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline and departing from the same airport

OR

A same-day boarding pass showing Star Alliance Gold status, for travel within 24 hours on a flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline

1The guest must also be traveling on a flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline and departing from the same airport.

---------------------

My english is not perfect, but reading the above, it sounds like Star Alliance Gold members can use the United Club lounge and you can even bring a guest with you! (travelling on the same flight)

That's cool.

Maybe Star Alliance Gold members should print out a copy of this and show to the receptionist, if indeed they don't let you enter the lounge.

Comment

Traveling out of LHR T2 soon. As a *G member, am I allowed to lounge hop? Or do they stamp your boarding pass so that you can't use more than 1 airline's lounge on the same day?

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
              Traveling out of LHR T2 soon. As a *G member, am I allowed to lounge hop? Or do they stamp your boarding pass so that you can't use more than 1 airline's lounge on the same day?
              There is no stamping of boarding passes at LHR so you can use what lounges you want and when you want, subject to capacity controls which has always been an SQ SKL favourite.

If you want to do all the *A lounges try the LH one which is right after security then try the UA, AC and SKL. I did LH, UA then AC first couple of times in T2 prior to the SKL opening.

Comment

Thanks for the advise.

Comment

Just wondering if there is any lounges for use on arrival in suites on SQ 306? Will be transiting for a flight to JTR midday.

Also, on a kind of related note; As I will be flying MEL-SIN-LHR then onto JTR with A3 around midday, can I get the check-in agents in MEL to get my bags checked through to the A3 plane for my LHR-JTR flight? Or would I need to go through customs and immigration to pick up my bags then re-check in again?

Comment

I see from the website that for Solitaire passengers there is now "Access to Plaza Premium Lounge Upon Arrival in London Feel free to refresh and recharge with a hot shower or a quick breakfast at the Plaza Premium Lounge when you arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 2 on SQ306 or SQ322.
                    This benefit does not extend to any guests or travelling companions. Please present your boarding pass for SQ306 or SQ322 and membership card in order to enjoy the privilege."

May I check if this is a better experience than the previous Virgin arrival lounge?

Comment

• I just read from the FT forum that PPS is allowed in LHR SKL on Arrival, but doesn't mention F/R passengers. Might shoot of an email to them.

Comment

• Hi, does anyone know if Business class passengers arriving on SQ 306 SIN-LHR can use the SQ lounge upon arrival? We have rented a car and are hoping to be able to freshen up before the long day begins (seeing that we arrive at 0745 hours).

Thanks!

Comment

• My understanding is no. There was a Virgin arrival lounge previous now it's Plaza Premium but it's only for TPPS / Solitaire PPS and life members only

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ub/privileges/

Comment

• Originally posted by banoffi View Post
                            Hi, does anyone know if Business class passengers arriving on SQ 306 SIN-LHR can use the SQ lounge upon arrival? We have rented a car and are hoping to be able to freshen up before the long day begins (seeing that we arrive at 0745 hours).

Thanks!
                            Don't think so. Reason is arriving passengers are separated from departing pax. Physically you can't get to the SilverKris lounge as an arriving pax, unless you are in transit and have another flight out of LHR T2.

Comment

• Thanks both!

Comment

• [LHR] SQ SilverKris Lounge in Heathrow T2

Coverage of SIA's new SilverKris Lounge in Heathrow Terminal 2, from a visit in April 2016, can be found in a TR here.

Comment

Working...
                                X