Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changi Ambassador Transit Hotel -- Questions

Hi all,

Some of you know I am traveling to India this December/January for the Holiday season by Singapore Airlines. While going, my father and I will stay at the transit hotel in Terminal 3 (Assuming our flight will obviously arrive there) as our block time is 8 hours (However, my mom is traveling the new nonstop flight a few days earlier so she will NOT stay at a transit hotel).

While coming back (My dad's decision about his coming back part is TBD), my mom and I have a 12 hour layover before heading back on SQ2. We are coming from MAA on SQ529 and staying at Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 3. We had booked the block time of 6 hours, from 6AM-12PM, but got an email stating the changed time of room availability....Room will only be available from 8AM-2PM. Would it still be possible to try to ask the transit hotel at 6AM if a room is available?

Thanks.

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Room will only be available from 8AM-2PM.
    It's a transit hotel. You booked a 6 hour block and that's when it's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post

We are coming from MAA on SQ529 and staying at Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 3. We had booked the block time of 6 hours, from 6AM-12PM, but got an email stating the changed time of room availability....Room will only be available from 8AM-2PM. Would it still be possible to try to ask the transit hotel at 6AM if a room is available?

Thanks.
      Hi SQfanatic!

An 8am to 2pm block may still work for the layover you described.

SQ529 scheduled arrival is 5:55am. From previous flight data, SQ529 usually arrives a few min early, although once in a long while it lands slightly after 6am.

By the time you deplane, and walk through the terminal to the transit hotel (Including getting from T2 to T3 in case SQ529 arrives in T2), it is probably closer to 6.30am. Since you would already be awake at that time, you could just do a little shopping or have breakfast, and before you know it, it will be 8am and you can have your room all the way till 2pm, especially since SQ2 leaves at 6.30pm. The extra 2 hours from 12pm to 2pm may come in useful too.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        Hi SQfanatic!

An 8am to 2pm block may still work for the layover you described.

SQ529 scheduled arrival is 5:55am. From previous flight data, SQ529 usually arrives a few min early, although once in a long while it lands slightly after 6am.

By the time you deplane, and walk through the terminal to the transit hotel (Including getting from T2 to T3 in case SQ529 arrives in T2), it is probably closer to 6.30am. Since you would already be awake at that time, you could just do a little shopping or have breakfast, and before you know it, it will be 8am and you can have your room all the way till 2pm, especially since SQ2 leaves at 6.30pm. The extra 2 hours from 12pm to 2pm may come in useful too.
        Thanks everyone, the thing is that we took the long layover so we can go outside to Singapore City, and honestly, we're not covering too much this time around. We will probably go to Singapore Flyer again like last time, I think there's another place where there's a gondola, and Marina Bay Sands (But not Gardens by the Bay this time). The only reason I asked you guys about if it's possible to get a room earlier than 8AM is primarily for that reason. But if not, we will figure out something, don't worry.

The concern would be the amount of time we'd need of course, which we will still ask the desk at Changi what we could do and decide based on the time. We may take the MRT like last time or take a taxi to the city. Because we're flying back on SQ2 at 6:30PM, our goal would be to come back to T3 by 4/4:30PM latest because by 5:30PM/5:45PM, we need to be in our gatehold.

Comment

SQ228, I know, but maybe I wasn't clear with what I was trying to say. My apologies. The reason I asked has to do with spending a few hours outside the airport to tour the city on our own (Not taking the Free Singapore Tour which personally is useless as I did it twice and its pretty much the same thing, going alone and paying a little extra still does justice for us). That's why my mom and I are taking the long layover.

Comment

I think most likely we will take the 8AM-2PM one we had already booked, but most likely around 12 we will go outside the airport to the City (in spite of paying full for the hotel), so we have some stuff to explore so when we get back to the airport by 4:30 latest, we get to our appropriate gate for SQ2 by 5:30pm before departure on SQ2 at 6:30pm.

Comment

Interestingly it worked out for my mother and I; though our room was scheduled for 8AM, we went at 7AM even after arriving at T2 from SQ529 and the receptionist was happy to give us a room til 1PM. We used up almost 5 hours, and went only to Sentosa as from 1-5:30 it was of course limited and this would mean a long walk to gate A14 for SQ2. We also asked to get a room for my dad at 5AM as his flight from CCU arrived at 4:45AM and she said it was all booked.

My dad who came 3 days later from SQ517, lucky for him he disembarked at the very end of the A gates (Gate A21) got a room the same way as we both got it though he used up 5-11 but never went to the City much.

Comment

Working...
              X