HKG SKL Reopen after Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Never liked this place, it's another grim windowless box. Yes it's better since the refurb but it needs moving not refurbing.
    Yes, the location is the main issue! Wonder where they could move it to, though. All the best spots are taken.

A bit of creative interior design would have improved things, but in this case the designers have done nothing to disguise the fact that our home away from home in HKG is in the basement.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      Thanks, alian! I didn't know you could order wanton noodles in the lounge. Will try that next time! That said, there is a great HK noodle and congee joint in the food court in the airside area. That's where I usually go for a noodle and congee fix when I am there!
      Yes I know that noodle and congee joint its pretty good stuff ... might have to add that the Lounge Wanton is not as good but its free and a nice touch if one has lounge access so its worth a try.

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      Yes, the location is the main issue! Wonder where they could move it to, though. All the best spots are taken.

A bit of creative interior design would have improved things, but in this case the designers have done nothing to disguise the fact that our home away from home in HKG is in the basement.
      Hmm ... I wonder if its the case of SQ being bullied by Cathay since its their home turf. The location of the SQ lounge is good being near the immigration but one can miss it too but its not a good location unlike the pier etc with no views at all. Noticed other OneWorld partners too have better lounge / positioning which is why I raise the bully flag?

http://www.ausbt.com.au/hong-kong-ai...n=home-flipper

Comment

Was there a couple of weeks ago. Ordered both wanton noodles and laksa. Agreed with Man Flyer that it needs to get a view and it does get crowded when passengers overlapped on couple of flights. I took a shower in room 3 and noticed quite a number of small flying insects on the wall of the shower cubicle. Not sure if they are present as well in the other shower rooms but I told the lounge dragon about it. Hope it was taken care of quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
          I wonder if its the case of SQ being bullied by Cathay since its their home turf.
          Nah, SQ are not the sort of outfit to be 'bullied'. And lets be honest, the 'have form' for dark windowless SKL's...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Nah, SQ are not the sort of outfit to be 'bullied'. And lets be honest, the 'have form' for dark windowless SKL's...

And the *A TG lounge down at the other end is really quite good......also freshly cooked noodles and food as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
              And the *A TG lounge down at the other end is really quite good......also freshly cooked noodles and food as I remember.
              Agree about the TG lounge, it's got natural light!.

Comment

I'll be transiting in HKG as part of SQ2 this weekend and was wondering if I have enough time for a quick shower? Any recommendations which lounge would be ideal. So far I only visited the SKL in HKG International and non of the other *A lounges.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
                  I'll be transiting in HKG as part of SQ2 this weekend and was wondering if I have enough time for a quick shower? Any recommendations which lounge would be ideal. So far I only visited the SKL in HKG International and non of the other *A lounges.
                  Not sure if the HKG SKL is the best place for a shower. I was horribly shocked to see the state of the shower room on my recent visit.

I can understand that the refurbished lounge now adopts the "Home Away From Home" concept, but surely, we don't want to be reminded of the state of Singapore's public toilets!

Comment

Looks like a wrong material choice........

I used to use the CX showers a lot in HKG, let's say at least under a similar environment, and they were fine for years. The chairs in the lounge were giving way long before the showers.

Comment

Looks like a wrong material choice........

I used to use the CX showers a lot in HKG, let's say at least under a similar environment, and they were fine for years. The chairs in the lounge were giving way long before the showers.
                      Wrong material choice and a complete lack of maintenance!

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                        Wrong material choice and a complete lack of maintenance!

Toilets / Showers completely out of use and "under maintenance" for the last while, don't know when to restart operation. Back to having to exit the lounge for facilities, which is never great.

Comment

Shame about the toilets/showers. I am not a fan of this lounge. While the catering is ok, I never liked the windowless location. Almost every time I am in HKG, whether in transit on SQ1/SQ2 or departing from HKG, rather than go to the SilverKris Lounge, I prefer to spend the limited transit time eating at Zheng Dou (正斗) Tasty Congee and Noodle Wantun Shop in the airside departure area. Superb won ton noodles and congee.

Comment

Toilets / Showers completely out of use and "under maintenance" for the last while, don't know when to restart operation. Back to having to exit the lounge for facilities, which is never great.
                            Certainly when we passed through there on 6 Nov they were under maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                              Certainly when we passed through there on 6 Nov they were under maintenance.
                              I was back there yesterday (Nov. 17) and they are still under maintenance. The front desk staff told me that there’s a lot of “testing” that needs to be done and she couldn’t tell me when the bathrooms would be available again.

Comment

Just visited the HKG SilverKris Lounge this morning before my flight back to SIN. Pleased to see that the shower rooms have been refurbished and are back in operation.

Spacious shower room with sink, amenities and WC. There are two shower rooms available.

Comment

Working...
                                X