Crowne Plaza Hotel - Reading, UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowne Plaza Hotel - Reading, UK

On a recent trip to the UK, I spent a night at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Reading, a town in Berkshire, a 45 minute train journey from London Paddington Station.

This hotel is a short taxi ride, or a 15 minute walk, from Reading train station.

When I entered the hotel, the main restaurant in the lobby was all boarded up, with a cacophony of pneumatic drilling and hammering going on as I checked in. Never a good sign...

But as it turned out, my room was newly refurbished, and was very comfortable. It was far from the lobby, so none of the noise from the daytime renovations could be heard.

USB charging and charging cables in the hotel.

Bathroom…

The view of the Thames from my hotel room…

There is a very nice running/walking path along the Thames just behind the hotel. I went for a very pleasant run along that route on a previous stay, but my schedule did not permit me to do so on this trip.

There is also a petrol station with convenience store just across the street from the hotel, which made it very convenient to pick up snacks and drinks.

The renovations should be done in a month or so, and once done, I would highly recommend this hotel if staying in Reading.
    Last edited by yflyer; 7 February 2016, 01:31 PM.
Working...
X