Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will SIN-HK-SFO route switch to 77W or A380?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will SIN-HK-SFO route switch to 77W or A380?

Does anyone out there know if the SIN-HK-SFO route (currently using B747s) will be switching to either the 77W or the A380 in the near future?

Thanks heaps!

An announcement regarding SQ002 / SQ001 will be coming in the next few months. It will be switching to an A380 soon.

Comment

So now is the time to ticket or redeem your bookings in F for SQ001/SQ002 for later this year as they should be upgraded to suites! Thanks for the info!
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
        An announcement regarding SQ002 / SQ001 will be coming in the next few months. It will be switching to an A380 soon.
        Thanks Singapore Air (that was fast!). Next query: what happens if I redeem a J-class seat (on business saver) before they make the actual switch to the A380? Will SQ make me top up the difference in air miles, given that only unrestricted awards are valid for redemptions on the A380?

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
          So now is the time to ticket or redeem your bookings in F for SQ001/SQ002 for later this year as they should be upgraded to suites! Thanks for the info!
          Just remember to issued the ticket as soon as possible. And don't make any change into it that require you to re-issued the ticket. It'll give you a headache
          My recent experience proof it. I have issued my F *A award ticket on end of Nov for travelling on end of Sept. This ticket involving SQ2 (hope it will magically turn into A380) and SQ637 which's now turned into A380. They honoured me into R class when they made the switch
          Recently I had to change my intra US flight that required me to re-issued the ticket. Since then, KF gave me a headache, because they couldn't re-issued SQ637 R class into redeemption ticket It has took a whole week for them to settle it down. On that time, my booking keep changing without I asked them... from SQ637 Suites to SQ637 Business Class to SQ11 First Class on the next day, and then all of them on my booking (3 flight on NRT-SIN sector)
          Just today they finally success to find a way to re-issued my ticket, but with NRT-SIN on SQ11 O class not SQ637 R class.
          But on the itinerary they sent to me, it said I'll travell on SQ637 R class. When I called KF, they said it because they couldn't put R class on award ticket, so they have to made O class ticket, and update it into their system with SQ637 R class flight, but not on the ticket
          Now I have to travell with E-ticket that have different flight with my itinerary. That make me little worry.
          Lesson to learn: get them as soon as possible, and leave it as like that, don't touch it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by planemad View Post
            Thanks Singapore Air (that was fast!). Next query: what happens if I redeem a J-class seat (on business saver) before they make the actual switch to the A380? Will SQ make me top up the difference in air miles, given that only unrestricted awards are valid for redemptions on the A380?
            I think they will honour you into their A380 J class, as they honoured me from O class (first saver) into their A380 suites.
            Just remember to issued the ticket as soon as possible before they make the switch over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
              Just remember to issued the ticket as soon as possible before they make the switch over.
              I think one needs to remember to issue the ticket as soon as possible before they make any announcement about the switch over!
              matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Tickets, especially redemption bookings should be ticketed ASAP.

Do note that although the plan is going to schedule, internally; that things can change, especially if macroeconomic circumstances turn very sour in the USA.

Comment

I guess we won't know for sure until we really see the announcements in the flesh.

Things can and will change.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
                    I think one needs to remember to issue the ticket as soon as possible before they make any announcement about the switch over!
                    Yup... that's what I mean...
                    So... go hurry guys....
                    But as SQFlyerGirl said, prepare for the worse.... no switch over...

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                      Yup... that's what I mean...
                      So... go hurry guys....
                      But as SQFlyerGirl said, prepare for the worse.... no switch over...

I think it's good to manage expectations.

Yes, it's kinda fun to speculate a bit, make a few bookings, and see how they go, hope for an A380 upgauge perhaps - but at the end of the day, if you've guessed wrong and instead, gotten exactly what you paid for, no more, no less - it's a good result

Comment

Originally posted by planemad View Post
                        what happens if I redeem a J-class seat (on business saver) before they make the actual switch to the A380? Will SQ make me top up the difference in air miles, given that only unrestricted awards are valid for redemptions on the A380?
                        SQ will not make you top-up the difference. Last year, I ticketed for SIN-TPE-LAX on C saver before it went 77W and they confirmed it without any top-up when it changed to the upgraded plane.
                        Have ticketed for SQ1/2 again in C saver and hopefully again, it will morph into A380 come Oct. If it doesn't, its ok, 744UD is still fine by me.

Comment

SQ honored my ticketed SQ638 in F and turned it into R class for an upcoming trip.

Comment

I got my C Saver on SQ 1/2 for Feb-Mar. travel of next year and hope the plane change happens by then! Otherwise, stuck in 17K (not a bad place to be stuck!)

Comment

SQ001/002 SIN/HKG/SFO vv. are speculated to change to A380-800, Summer 2008.
                              zxcvbn

Comment

Working...
                              X