SQ reinstating FRA-JFK, HKG-SFO in Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Not You View Post
    SQ8/7 (SIN-HKG-SFO) will be suspended from 1st Feb 22 to 15th Mar 22. Thereafter, service resumes 3 weekly till 27th Mar 22.

SQ32/31 (SIN-SFO) operates from 1st Feb 22 to 26 Mar 22, so there will a period where SQ8/7 operates alongside SQ32/31.

SQ36/35 (SIN-TPE-LAX) will be suspended from 18th Feb 22.

SQ28/27 (SIN-YVR-SEA), seasonal service, will be suspended from 26th Mar 22.

SQ will also be operating the following special flights from LAX-MEL:
    SQ8201 LAX0030 – 1155+1MEL 359 157 (from 27th Dec 21 to 01st Jan 22)
    SQ8201 LAX0030 – 1155+1MEL 359ULR (29th Dec 21)
    Dummy booking still doesn’t show SQ8/7 at all for dates past Mar 15. Maybe it will take some time to reflect.

Where did you find this info? I can’t see it on the SQ website or any online source

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      Dummy booking still doesn’t show SQ8/7 at all for dates past Mar 15. Maybe it will take some time to reflect.

Where did you find this info? I can’t see it on the SQ website or any online source
      SQ8/7 will not return on 15/3. SQ have already plan SQ882 to fly at same timing from 1st feb to 26th march.

So definitely SQ8/7 will be further suspended until maybe HKG open up.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
        SQ8/7 will not return on 15/3. SQ have already plan SQ882 to fly at same timing from 1st feb to 26th march.

So definitely SQ8/7 will be further suspended until maybe HKG open up.
        So the HKG closure due to covid-zero explains why it got suspended.

But post Mar 27, it still shows but I know those schedules are mostly pre-covid, so it may be reflected with something different for Summer in the next couple of months.

Comment

So the HKG closure due to covid-zero explains why it got suspended.

But post Mar 27, it still shows but I know those schedules are mostly pre-covid, so it may be reflected with something different for Summer in the next couple of months.
          With 21 days quarantine in HKG, the demand is much lesser.

SQ would rather fly direct SIN-SFO as the demand is higher due to VTL.

And for summer schedule, it show SQ2/1. Not SQ8/7

Comment

With 21 days quarantine in HKG, the demand is much lesser.

SQ would rather fly direct SIN-SFO as the demand is higher due to VTL.

And for summer schedule, it show SQ2/1. Not SQ8/7
            Makes sense why they want to pull out the fifth freedom HKG-SFO route. 21 days quarantine is definitely one of the strictest in the world (or any number for that matter which is not fun).

Agreed why SQ would prefer to fly direct to SFO, and that’s my point it shows SQ2/1, but those are now used as cargo flights, but even SQ26/25 are reflecting as A380 similarly. I highly doubt they will go back to pre-covid schedule that fast in late March. It’s just not completely updated yet, it will probably get updated in a few months.

Comment

Looks like it, yet SQ32/31 which is a nonstop flight is still maintaining the same operating freq as SQ8/7 (I thought it would be daily just like SQ34/33). They brought the HKG route back, yet axing it again. Is it due to weak demand? I always thought HKG-SFO had strong demand even pre pandemic days I remember those flights were always full. On another hand the nonstop flight does add convenience to passengers with less layover for flights heading to most parts of India, except DEL/BOM.

And yeah I see the same with SQ36/35. On another hand SQ12/11 to LAX via NRT this month started increasing frequency from 3 weekly to 4 weekly, now adding Saturdays, with the 77W.
              HKG-SFO has decreased demand compared to pre-pandemic. The SQ 1/2 schedule was a favorite for passenger who transits from HKG to Southern mainland China (by train, bus, car). Most of these passengers now avoid going through HKG for the extra quarantine and testing and rather fly out from CAN.

Comment

Do sq 25 passengers who board at jfk and transiting changhi now need to be put in holding area Bc of stop in Frankfurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Triniflyer View Post
                  Do sq 25 passengers who board at jfk and transiting changhi now need to be put in holding area Bc of stop in Frankfurt?
                  Someone from SQ25 last week was send to the holding pen.
                  Most likely because there are paxes boarding from FRA.

Comment

This is terrible news for usa passengers

Comment

SQ will bring back the A380 to FRA/JFK at the beginning of the Northern Summer schedule. What’s more, it will have the newest seats.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/sing...ines-a380-jfk/

No news about SFO at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Triniflyer View Post
                        This is terrible news for usa passengers
                        Some countries like transitting in SIN & going to say, India do not allow transit in SIN, even though SQ is flying to both US & India.

Suppose they do allow transit (maybe mid to late 2022) would passengers likely have to be in a holding pen? It doesn’t sound like fun at all.

Comment

Some countries like transitting in SIN & going to say, India do not allow transit in SIN, even though SQ is flying to both US & India.

Suppose they do allow transit (maybe mid to late 2022) would passengers likely have to be in a holding pen? It doesn’t sound like fun at all.
                          We won’t even know what will happen in 1 month time.

There is a way to travel from India to USA via SIN n vice versa.

Comment

We won’t even know what will happen in 1 month time.

There is a way to travel from India to USA via SIN n vice versa.
                            Agree with you 100%. Buying 2 separate tickets I suppose, but I think better to hold off on it for at least another 6+ months than run multiple risks.

Comment

SQ7 SFO-HKG-SIN will operate non-stop SFO-SIN, skipping HKG stopover, from 08JAN22 to 20JAN22. This is due to the HK Government's directive to suspend entry of travellers into HKG from the USA. Details here.

SQ8 SIN-HKG-SFO is unaffected.

Comment

It looks like all SFO-HKG fifth freedom flights have been zeroed out for the entirety of the IATA summer season (March thru Oct), but SQ1/2 is back starting 30 Oct. I was originally booked on SQ2 for June and it was automatically rebooked to the direct SIN-SFO flight, but I am no longer taking the trip anyway. I hope the fifth freedom flight does not disappear for the long-run, but it's hard to tell with the progression of the pandemic and future demand at HKG.

Comment

Working...
                                X