First Class Saver from Australia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Class Saver from Australia?

Anyone know why SQ is not releasing any First Saver awards (all on waitlist) from SYD-SIN even though they have almost daily 777ER flights (SQ222)?

First Class Advantage is available for confirmation for almost all dates and all seats in first class seem to be available/empty for revenue booking. Thanks!

My limited experience with Awards bookings indicates that you could have some success if you WL a seat. It may clear within a couple of days or closer to the departure date. SQ needs to allow their most valuable customers the first chance to book and will also be looking at loads before releasing more award seats. More than one Saver seat will be difficult given there are only 4 F seats on the 777ER. Everything from AUS is so uncertain at the moment. When are you looking to fly?

Comment

Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
      My limited experience with Awards bookings indicates that you could have some success if you WL a seat. It may clear within a couple of days or closer to the departure date. SQ needs to allow their most valuable customers the first chance to book and will also be looking at loads before releasing more award seats. More than one Saver seat will be difficult given there are only 4 F seats on the 777ER. Everything from AUS is so uncertain at the moment. When are you looking to fly?
      SQ now cancels unconfirmed waitlisted bookings 2 weeks before departure date, and closes the waitlist 3 weeks prior. Looking to fly mid-Nov on SQ222.. Hope my TPPS helps out a bit.
      Last edited by patrabit; 13 October 2021, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I'm sure you will have the best chance as a TPPS.

Comment

With only 4 seats on the 77W you are lucky to get 1 seat.

Minimal difference from J I wouldn't worry

Comment

I found a few available next September (when I looked a month ago). I managed to book a return to SIN (out on the 77W, back on the A380 - currently Old Suites but I am hoping they will have completed the refit program by Sep 2022).

Comment

Originally posted by aflyer View Post
              I found a few available next September (when I looked a month ago). I managed to book a return to SIN (out on the 77W, back on the A380 - currently Old Suites but I am hoping they will have completed the refit program by Sep 2022).
              SQ has phased out Old Suites already and we won't see them come back. All future A380 flights will feature the 6 seats New Suite Class.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                SQ has phased out Old Suites already and we won't see them come back. All future A380 flights will feature the 6 seats New Suite Class.
                Excellent news! I flew the new Suites for the first time last week (SIN-LHR) and enjoyed it very much, can't wait for the next journey.

Comment

My cabin has indeed changed to the new Suites.

Lots of availability (for F Saver in Nov 2022 SYD-SIN) still showing.

Comment

Working...
                  X