Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ponders View Post
    Just received automated SMS that no food will be served in my flight for SQ830 (SIN-PVG) next Monday due to local government regulations.
    Ouch. Is it because masks are to be worn for the entire flight hence not serving any food? That's quite
    a long time-frame with no food. I'll be famished by the time i get out of the airport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
      Ouch. Is it because masks are to be worn for the entire flight hence not serving any food? That's quite
      a long time-frame with no food. I'll be famished by the time i get out of the airport.
      I think it is more that they don't want virus to be imported via the food that is flown in. So we are given only a Snack bag in flight.

Yes, I woke up 5AM, 8AM flight, arrived 1PM, only got to my hotel almost 7pm and that's when I can eat in peace.

Comment

I think it is more that they don't want virus to be imported via the food that is flown in. So we are given only a Snack bag in flight.

Yes, I woke up 5AM, 8AM flight, arrived 1PM, only got to my hotel almost 7pm and that's when I can eat in peace.
        Hmm just curious (not related to the flight, but I really am curious) - you mentioned flight arrived at 1pm, and you only got to your hotel at almost 7pm..? That's almost 6 hours between flight arrival at PVG and arrival at your hotel? Are you not staying in the Shanghai area, otherwise 6 hours is a long time between flight arrival and getting to your hotel..?

Comment

• Believed the long time is the time spent at the airport for the need to do the pcr swab test and waiting for the result which can take 3 to 4 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            Believed the long time is the time spent at the airport for the need to do the pcr swab test and waiting for the result which can take 3 to 4 hours.
            OIC...

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
              Hmm just curious (not related to the flight, but I really am curious) - you mentioned flight arrived at 1pm, and you only got to your hotel at almost 7pm..? That's almost 6 hours between flight arrival at PVG and arrival at your hotel? Are you not staying in the Shanghai area, otherwise 6 hours is a long time between flight arrival and getting to your hotel..?
              Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              Believed the long time is the time spent at the airport for the need to do the pcr swab test and waiting for the result which can take 3 to 4 hours.
              Correct, though I need not wait for the results, it is more of the admin involved and having to maybe get 15 QR codes before they allow you reach your hotel.

Comment

Correct, though I need not wait for the results, it is more of the admin involved and having to maybe get 15 QR codes before they allow you reach your hotel.
                Wow didn’t realise it seemed quite a bit of a hassle with travelling these days huh…

Comment

• SIA has removed flights to Medan, having last operated the route on 14th Sep 2021.

Comment

• SQ added another 4 more weekly passenger flight (SQ958/959) to JKT from 19/10. So total of 4 daily flights to JKT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                      SIA has removed flights to Medan, having last operated the route on 14th Sep 2021.
                      That's because Indonesia has now designated only Jakarta and Manado as the only 2 air-entry points for the entire country after multiple breaches of quarantine procedures in the previous entry points.

Comment

• Singapore expands VTL to countries in Europe and N.America

Singapore has expanded the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) scheme to eight more countries in Europe and North America. These join Brunei, Germany and the previously-announced South Korea in offering two-way quarantine-free travel for fully vaccinated individuals.
                        MileLion has a pretty comprehensive breakdown here.

Does this mean that SQ will add flights between Singapore and Canada? I believe it's a requirement that travellers have to fly specially-designated VTL flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                          MileLion has a pretty comprehensive breakdown here.

Does this mean that SQ will add flights between Singapore and Canada? I believe it's a requirement that travellers have to fly specially-designated VTL flights.
                          Can any of SQ’s existing metal do YVR direct? A359?

Comment

• They should be, since the LAX flight is using standard 359s. If it can go to LAX, it can go to YVR.

Question is filling up the plane, though temporary demand might work for now. Maybe SIN-YVR-somewhere else in the long term?
                            an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Maybe SQ could fly SIN-YVR-YYZ. Toronto is more than twice as populous as Vancouver, and the financial hub of Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                                Actually, reading the SQ press release, it seems like there's no need to fly non-stop from the VTL country to Singapore if you're travelling to another VTL country first:
                                Multi-city itineraries within VTL countries are allowed if customers meet the 14-day travel history requirement, which includes transit countries. For example, a traveller may fly from Singapore to Paris, and then Paris to Amsterdam, and still be eligible for the VTL flight from Amsterdam to Singapore.
                                So it may not be necessary for SQ to operate non-stop to Canada for Canadian-originating travellers to enter Singapore using VTL after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X