The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
    SQ has quietly further reduced their 787-10 order from a total backlog of 47 frames to 44. These frames on order were transferred to Scoot (+1 787-8 and +2 787-9), as reflected in the latest (Nov 2019) O&D page for the 787.

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/...tF=View+Report

This leaves 29 787-10s to be delivered to SQ.
    Wonder if this isn't still too many?

If they replace roughly 9 333, 8 772/77E, 5 773 thats still just 22 aircraft and we all know how "intensively" these fleets are used. So that leaves 10+ aircraft for growth? Let alone all additional regional A350 deliveries.

Can we expect another amendment to that order soon? Are there growth opportunities for Scoot at the moment?

Comment

• Originally posted by balajih67 View Post
      Finally good news for MAA. Been looking forward to this for a long time. Is it confirmed?
      It is confirmed. I am flying in July on SQ528 and on a 787-10

Comment

• 9V-SCP had its first flight earlier (03APR20):

Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• It must be a good thing for SQ to have 1,000th 787 - did SIA also have the 1,000th 747?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            It must be a good thing for SQ to have 1,000th 787 - did SIA also have the 1,000th 747?
            Yes it did. 9V-SMU.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              It must be a good thing for SQ to have 1,000th 787 - did SIA also have the 1,000th 747?
              It did. It took a long longer for that 1,000th 747 to be produced.

Comment

• And the 10,000th Airbus aircraft too! I wonder if SQ makes requests to the manufacturers to receive such milestone aircraft or do the manufacturers assign them.

Comment

• Believed when airlines order their planes, the manufacturer will tell them the position they are in and what will be their numbers in the queue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                    And the 10,000th Airbus aircraft too! I wonder if SQ makes requests to the manufacturers to receive such milestone aircraft or do the manufacturers assign them.
                    AFAIK SQ didn't ask for the 10,000 Airbus, they were told by Airbus just over 2 weeks beforehand that they’ll be getting #10,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      9V-SCP had its first flight earlier (03APR20):

Any set date on when Charlie-Papa will be delivered to the SQ fleet?

Comment

• 9V-SCQ had its first flight today at Charleston. First action in a while for the new 787-10s!

Photos here:

https://twitter.com/boeingscspotter/...15980806467588
                        Last edited by MainlyMiles; 12 January 2021, 09:01 PM. Reason: Add link

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                          9V-SCQ had its first flight today at Charleston. First action in a while for the new 787-10s!

Photos here:

https://twitter.com/boeingscspotter/...15980806467588
                          Nice photos...

Just an observation... It seems that for Boeing aircraft, the planes would come fully painted including it's final registration (i.e. 9V-SCQ in this instance) even when making *only* its first flight. Whereas I've noticed that for Airbus aircraft, they would typically wear the test registrations F-Wxxx for 1st flight and during flights tests/CAF, and would only receive its final registration prior to it being delivered. Any idea if my observation is correct, and if so, curious to know why is this so..?

Comment

• It looks like there may have been a charter flight operated by 9V-SCK from SIN-DXB-MEL with callsign SQ8030. My guess is this could be for the Australian Open. There were only passengers carried on the DXB-MEL sector.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                              It looks like there may have been a charter flight operated by 9V-SCK from SIN-DXB-MEL with callsign SQ8030. My guess is this could be for the Australian Open. There were only passengers carried on the DXB-MEL sector.
                              Yes this was a charter for the tennis. 13:04 flight time, not bad for the 787-10. Must have been relatively empty.

Comment

• Five more 787-10s are scheduled for delivery in FY21/22 (likely to be SCP-SCT) according to the latest financial update.

Comment

Working...
                                X