No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know why there are no tail cameras on SQ A350s? While I don’t think they come standard, almost all airlines have one, even the Thai A350 I flew had one.

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
      Does anyone know why there are no tail cameras on SQ A350s? While I don’t think they come standard, almost all airlines have one, even the Thai A350 I flew had one.
      I believe that all A350s have the cameras; is just whether the airline chooses to let passengers view it thru the IFE.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
        I believe that all A350s have the cameras; is just whether the airline chooses to let passengers view it thru the IFE.
        They don’t all have them, the ETACS (External and Taxiing Aid Camera System) is a customer option. It can be:

a) installed and fed only to pilot displays,
        b) installed and fed to pilot displays and the passenger IFE system, or
        c) not installed at all.

Singapore Airlines either went for option a or option c.

Even on airlines using option b, pilots can suppress the camera feeds to the IFE system using a simple button on the overhead panel (e.g. in an emergency).

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
          They don’t all have them, the ETACS (External and Taxiing Aid Camera System) is a customer option. It can be:

a) installed and fed only to pilot displays,
          b) installed and fed to pilot displays and the passenger IFE system, or
          c) not installed at all.

Singapore Airlines either went for option a or option c.

Even on airlines using option b, pilots can suppress the camera feeds to the IFE system using a simple button on the overhead panel (e.g. in an emergency).
          SIA went with option C for the A350 and option A for the B773 and A380.

Comment

• Thanks for clarifying!

Comment

• SQ890/891 will switch to A350 long haul from end March.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                SQ890/891 will switch to A350 long haul from end March.
                A part of me wonders whether that's a good use of a long haul frame.

Speaking of which, I wonder how the HKG flights are doing - with the protests and all, the bottom kind of fell out of CX.
                an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                  A part of me wonders whether that's a good use of a long haul frame.

Speaking of which, I wonder how the HKG flights are doing - with the protests and all, the bottom kind of fell out of CX.
                  Think it is using the frame from CPH. The timing is just nice to slot in to perform SQ890/891. Or else the A350 will be sitting down on the tarmac also.

Guess HK flights are not doing good. Many flight for next few days still have the lowest fare class (K class) for economy class available

SQ load factor to east Asia in August drop 0.1% but accordingly to changi airport stats, there is a decrease of 14% in paxes from/to HK but offset by increase of 14% to Japan & Korea.

Seem like SQ is staying with the capacity.

Comment

• delete
                    Last edited by yuuka_miya; 2 October 2019, 10:53 AM. Reason: oops i was wrong
                    an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Silly question- Did SQ convert any 3 cabin A350 to the ULR configuration ( J and S class only)? I flew SQ33 a few days ago and I swore the tail was 9V-SMJ. Isn’t 9V-SMJ a 3 class configuration? It was 5am so my eyes may have been playing tricks with me lol
                      Last edited by Avenger777; 3 October 2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                        Silly question- Did SQ convert any 3 cabin A350 to the ULR configuration ( J and S class only)? I flew SQ33 a few days ago and I swore the tail was 9V-SMJ. Isn’t 9V-SMJ a 3 class configuration? It was 5am so my eyes may have been playing tricks with me lol
                        SMJ did not fly to US for the past one month. N there isn’t any conversion being done

Comment

• The MTOW-268T A350s apparently do not get deployed to SFO, MAN, AMS, BCN and MXP.

9V-SMA to 9V-SME, 9V-SMG, 9V-SMJ and 9V-SMM.

The rest are MTOW-275T.
                          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                            The MTOW-268T A350s apparently do not get deployed to SFO, MAN, AMS, BCN and MXP.

The rest are MTOW-275T.
                            Omg mindblown. The SMx series A350 are not all the same?! What’s the reason for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                              Omg mindblown. The SMx series A350 are not all the same?! What’s the reason for that?
                              I could be wrong but I assume that it’s a paper derate to save on landing fees?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                The MTOW-268T A350s apparently do not get deployed to SFO, MAN, AMS, BCN and MXP.

The rest are MTOW-275T.
                                The SMA-E set of planes have definitely been deployed to AMS and at one time frequently.

I'm completely confused by this- could someone confirm: the higher MTOW can fly further but attract higher landing fees, correct? Clearly SFO would require the longest range, but AMS doesn't need it and I would have thought AMS would have higher landing fees than some other airports that would be getting the 268?

I can definitely see in flight records that there are distinct, differing sets of destinations for the planes.

Comment

Working...
                                X