No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SHJ has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is scheduled to arrive at Changi on Sat 10 August at 12.45pm (local time).

Comment

• 9V-SHJ on her way home from Toulouse this morning.

Photo source: a350production.net

Comment

• 9V-SHJ has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 39.

Comment

• 9V-SHJ is flying it’s first commercial flight as SQ116 to Kuala Lumpur.

Comment

• 9V-SMY had her 1st flight yesterday.

Comment

• SQ248/247 (SIN-MEL-WLG) will be getting the Long haul A350 with PE seats from 1st nov

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                SQ248/247 (SIN-MEL-WLG) will be getting the Long haul A350 with PE seats from 1st nov
                Noted that too with the email I received from SQ about it.

The email mentioned about the introduction on PE, and, to quote the email, "The introduction of Premium Economy will also make Singapore Airlines the only long-haul carrier offering the cabin out of Wellington." I think SQ could safely say they are also the only (long-haul) carrier to offer scheduled, widebody aircraft out on Wellington...

First the 777, now the A350 - SQ's aircraft will certainly continue to "stand out" in WLG...

Comment

• I’m wondering now if the final BNE flight pair using long hauls might convert to regional due to the WLG announcement. CPH, IST, SEA and WLG would be a stretch to cover with only 5 additional planes, although there could be some existing unused capacity. WLG is very weekend heavy though which is usually when the SM series is already at its busiest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    I’m wondering now if the final BNE flight pair using long hauls might convert to regional due to the WLG announcement. CPH, IST, SEA and WLG would be a stretch to cover with only 5 additional planes, although there could be some existing unused capacity. WLG is very weekend heavy though which is usually when the SM series is already at its busiest.
                    Perhaps we might see some current A350 flights go to the 77W, or regional planes freeing up the longhaul fleet?
                    an infrastructure geek

Comment

I’m wondering now if the final BNE flight pair using long hauls might convert to regional due to the WLG announcement. CPH, IST, SEA and WLG would be a stretch to cover with only 5 additional planes, although there could be some existing unused capacity. WLG is very weekend heavy though which is usually when the SM series is already at its busiest.
                      I did some calculations
                      2 planes needed for CPH (with slack during day time 0530-2355). This mean SQ890/891 can be converted to A350 LH as well

Total 14 flight for SEA/IST/WLG
                      2 plane can cover 5 rotations each in a week. Plus another plane cover 3 rotation (with slack on Tuesday- thursday). The only issue is SQ247 (sat slot). So should be no issue as SQ should be able to schedule better together with the current A350 fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                        Perhaps we might see some current A350 flights go to the 77W, or regional planes freeing up the longhaul fleet?
                        I can't see them sending an F cabin to BNE.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                          Yes, that's what I'm suggesting is that the only overnight regional flight, which is to BNE, would switch to a regional variant in line with the other three daily BNE flights. All other A350 flights with the long haul planes, that could feasibly lose the range of the SM-series are day flights that increase long haul fleet utilisation. Nothing would be gained from changing those flights.

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                          I did some calculations
                          2 planes needed for CPH (with slack during day time 0530-2355). This mean SQ890/891 can be converted to A350 LH as well

Total 14 flight for SEA/IST/WLG
                          2 plane can cover 5 rotations each in a week. Plus another plane cover 3 rotation (with slack on Tuesday- thursday). The only issue is SQ247 (sat slot). So should be no issue as SQ should be able to schedule better together with the current A350 fleet.
                          It's that Saturday night SQ247 departure that I'm thinking of when I say I think it's maybe too tight. The long haul fleet is already more stretched on weekends and has most of its slack mid-week. Some of the first arrivals e.g. SMA, SMB are approaching 4 years now and at some point more heavy maintenance cycles are going to need to be established I would guess. With moving to 26 of the variant in the fleet, there's going to also need to be an increase in slack to allow for technical problems and regular maintenance too.

Comment

Some of the first arrivals e.g. SMA, SMB are approaching 4 years now and at some point more heavy maintenance cycles are going to need to be established I would guess.
                            That's not such an issue for newer aircraft like the A350 and 787, which are designed to have heavy maintenance checks (the big 'D checks') only once every 12 years, not every 5 or 6 years like the A330s/777s.

Instead there is a higher frequency of shorter maintenance visits lasting just 2 weeks or so. This is aided by computerised health monitoring systems, a bit like how a modern car can tell you when it needs a service visit, rather than having one at xxx km intervals.

Lower maintenance time (and costs) are a big selling point for these new aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                              That's not such an issue for newer aircraft like the A350 and 787, which are designed to have heavy maintenance checks (the big 'D checks') only once every 12 years, not every 5 or 6 years like the A330s/777s.

Instead there is a higher frequency of shorter maintenance visits lasting just 2 weeks or so. This is aided by computerised health monitoring systems, a bit like how a modern car can tell you when it needs a service visit, rather than having one at xxx km intervals.

Lower maintenance time (and costs) are a big selling point for these new aircraft.
                              If I may add, one of the reasons the new generation aircraft like A350 and B787 have a longer interval for their D checks is their composite airframe. D checks involves stripping the entire aircraft to its frame and check for corrosions. That's not an issue with A350 and B787.

And aircrafts like B777 and A330 have computerised health monitoring as well

Comment

• Do you guys think that the first batch of long-haul A350s (SMA-SMU) will ever have their winglets refitted to the newer, larger ones we see on the A350R/ULRs? The A350 marketing director has previously said that these newer winglets deliver ‘huge benefits’.

Comment

Working...
                                X