Bassinet size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassinet size

Future flight has changed from long haul 772 to regional A350, so I'm going to lose my nice wide row 11 J seat. Does anybody have any experience with how large an infant can be and still travel in the bassinet? Really don't want to hold for 8 hours. Child will be 13 months, probably about average size or a bit larger for his age.

Originally posted by thelongroad View Post
    Future flight has changed from long haul 772 to regional A350, so I'm going to lose my nice wide row 11 J seat. Does anybody have any experience with how large an infant can be and still travel in the bassinet? Really don't want to hold for 8 hours. Child will be 13 months, probably about average size or a bit larger for his age.
    I think you should find out the size of bassinet from SQ.

We travelled on a variety of aircraft over the last few weeks (A380, B772, A333, long haul A350) with an 8 month old in a bassinet - they were all (to my eye) the same size and I think it would be tough and go if we repeated the trip in 5 months time.

Hope this is (somewhat) helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by thelongroad View Post
      Nonetheless, you can still request for bassinet seat, if you prefer that over a normal seat, whether you actually use the bassinet or not. A350 should still be able to sleep side by side with the infant, bulkhead/bassinet seat should give slightly more space (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
        Nonetheless, you can still request for bassinet seat, if you prefer that over a normal seat, whether you actually use the bassinet or not. A350 should still be able to sleep side by side with the infant, bulkhead/bassinet seat should give slightly more space (I think).
        I don't think there'll be any space on the new regional J to sleep side by side with an infant. That seat is narrow!

I'll be on the regional A350 next month with my 6.5month old infant and have the bassinet seat. I'll see if I can report back on my opinions, if you haven't already flown by then..

Comment

My experience is that a 13month old baby would be to tall for the bassinet.

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
            I don't think there'll be any space on the new regional J to sleep side by side with an infant. That seat is narrow!

I'll be on the regional A350 next month with my 6.5month old infant and have the bassinet seat. I'll see if I can report back on my opinions, if you haven't already flown by then..
            Oops, I keep thinking of the long haul A350.

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post

Yes, I would be very grateful for a report - my flight is not until January.

Comment

The bassinet hooks onto a shelf near the window in 11AK on the A359R. It sits parallel to the adult seat. It's a somewhat narrow bassinet IIRC, maybe about 12-14" wide? It's more of a longish bassinet though extending from the bulkhead to the console. I think an infant <10 months would fit comfortably - anything more would depend

Comment

13 month old wont fit in the bassinet

10 months is about the limit

A tiny chance on a bad angle you will get baby to sleep beside you. Otherwise they will be in your arms

Good luck

Comment

Just flew the A350 mid-haul recently with my infant.. the bassinet is narrower than usual, and doesn't actually start from the bulkhead. It starts somewhere in the middle and extends out over the empty space. Here's a picture of it with a Krisworld magazine for reference.

What i found most difficult was actually trying to put my infant down or picking him up from the bassinet, since it is arranged longitudinally. Everytime I put him down, he would wake up due to the awkward angle that I have to place him down, and cry. In the end we didn't use it except to dump lots of stuff there. He spent the whole flight on our laps. I'm not sure how an older infant would behave, but unfortunately I think this is one of the narrower bassinets out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X