SIN-FRA SQ 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-FRA SQ 26

Q1: We are flying in suites. I am being offered two book the cook options under Japanese: "Japanese Meal" and "Kyo Kaiseki." What's the difference?

Q2: Is there still security re-screening at FRA for passengers going on to JFK? The January 2018 Singapore-EU one stop security agreement should have eliminated re-screening at FRA but I do not know if that has been enhanced yet.
    Last edited by Buster CT1K; 8 August 2018, 03:53 AM.

Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
    Q2: Is there still security re-screening at FRA for passengers going on to JFK? The January 2018 Singapore-EU one stop security agreement should have eliminated re-screening at FRA but I do not know if that has been enhanced yet.
    A few months ago the re-screening was gone at FRA. Flying SQ26 again in a few days so I'm hoping it hasn't been reinstated!

Comment

Q1: We are flying in suites. I am being offered two book the cook options under Japanese: "Japanese Meal" and "Kyo Kaiseki." What's the difference?

I wouldn’t recommend the Japanese or Kyo Kaiseki meals unless your flight departs Japan. It’s always been disappointing for me outside of Japan including on SQ26.

Comment

I took SQ26 from JFK to SIN recently technically no security re screen in FRA but you must be ultra careful once you disembark from the plane to take the stairs down to the departure gates (esp biz passengers on upper deck) if you take the steps out the doors they will be very strict and ask you to re screen.

But then in all honesty if you do make that mistake it just another 5 min annoyance just walk straight thru to security screening and then take the stairs down don’t waste time trying to argue with the security especially after recent security lapse in FRA
        Last edited by alian; 12 August 2018, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
          I took SQ26 from JFK to SIN recently technically no security re screen in FRA but you must be ultra careful once you disembark from the plane to take the stairs down to the departure gates (esp biz passengers on upper deck) if you take the steps out the doors they will be very strict and ask you to re screen.

But then in all honesty if you do make that mistake it just another 5 min annoyance Judy walk straight thru to security screen, chrome and then take the stairs down don’t waste time trying to argue with the security especially after recent security lapse in FRA
          Never argue with German security personnel!

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post

But then in all honesty if you do make that mistake it just another 5 min annoyance Judy walk straight thru to security screen, chrome and then take the stairs down don’t waste time trying to argue with the security especially after recent security lapse in FRA
            I flew JFK-FRA-SIN return twice last year and there was security screening only when flying to the U.S., so at FRA after arriving from SIN continuing to JFK. There was no screening after JFK-FRA before continuing to SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
              I flew JFK-FRA-SIN return twice last year and there was security screening only when flying to the U.S., so at FRA after arriving from SIN continuing to JFK. There was no screening after JFK-FRA before continuing to SIN.
              Just got off SQ 26 at JFK and the security screening at FRA is not required, same as two months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                Just got off SQ 26 at JFK and the security screening at FRA is not required, same as two months ago.
                Ahh ok. I would appreciate that, except that my next flight from NYC is the non-stop via EWR so I don't know when I'll fly JFK-FRA-SIN again.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                  Thank you, WBT!

Edited to add: in September, personal experience is also no re-screening at FRA for SIN-FRA-JFK.
                  Last edited by Buster CT1K; 25 October 2018, 05:43 AM.

Comment

I'll be flying J on SQ25 from JFK-FRA and SQ325 from FRA-SIN this December, making a short stop in Frankfurt in between those flights.

Will I be able to tag my baggage at JFK all the way to Singapore, where it will be offloaded SQ25 in FRA and loaded onto SQ325 for it to appear on the SQ325 baggage carousel in Changi?

Will I be issued 2 separate tickets at JFK or must I do another check-in at FRA for the evening SQ325 flight?

Am I permitted to use the lounge upon arrival in FRA before leaving for city in the morning of the arrival of SQ25 from JFK?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Comment

EU & Singapore sign One-Stop Security Arrangement Mutual recognition of security screening rules at airports between the EU and Singapore allows for a seamless travel

06/02/2018

Today, the mutual recognition of security screening rules at airports between the EU and Singapore enters into force. This One-Stop Security (OSS) arrangement allows for passengers, their cabin baggage and hold baggage, originating from Singapore (Changi) airport to transfer onto a connecting flight in the EU (EEA) airports, without going through security checks a second time.

This will not only avoid duplication of procedures and save time, cutting costs for airport operators and airlines, it will also greatly improve passengers' experience. The OSS is a good example of how to strengthen aviation security rules globally and contribute to the sustainability of air travel, as endorsed by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), and develop trustworthy relations with international partners.

For the occasion, the Director-General for Mobility and Transport of the European Commission, Henrik Hololei, and Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Transport of Singapore, Loh Ngai Seng, met at the annual Singapore Air Show to discuss practical means to implement this joint agenda further.

Background

One-Stop Security is well established across the European Union as all the EU Member States apply common aviation security rules. The EU may establish OSS with other countries once it has been verified that their aviation security rules are equivalent to that of the EU. To date, that has been achieved with the United States (one way for passengers, their cabin baggage and hold baggage), Canada (for passengers, their cabin baggage and hold baggage at all EU airports and at selected Canadian airports) and Montenegro (for passengers, their cabin baggage, hold baggage and cargo). Talks are ongoing with Israel and Serbia.

Following the blueprint introduced in December 2015 in the Aviation Strategy for Europe, DG MOVE together with the Singapore Ministry of Transport (MOT), worked intensely towards establishing the mutual recognition of security screening rules at airports. A draft legislative proposal has been prepared in December 2017 by the European Commission and submitted to the attention of Member States. Finally, the Commission adopted the act recognising Singapore aviation security measures as equivalent on 9 January 2018 (Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2018/55).

Next steps

DG MOVE and MOT are working on the details for the future exchange of information about the latest developments, and on the intervals for assessments and mutual visits at airports.

DG MOVE has also launched a study to analyse economic and other benefits of existing OSS arrangements between the EU and the United States of America, the EU and Canada and the EU and Montenegro. This will serve as additional data to develop similar partnerships with other countries in the world. The study is expected to be completed in September 2018.

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes...arrangement_en

Comment

Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
                        I'll be flying J on SQ25 from JFK-FRA and SQ325 from FRA-SIN this December, making a short stop in Frankfurt in between those flights.

Will I be able to tag my baggage at JFK all the way to Singapore, where it will be offloaded SQ25 in FRA and loaded onto SQ325 for it to appear on the SQ325 baggage carousel in Changi?

Will I be issued 2 separate tickets at JFK or must I do another check-in at FRA for the evening SQ325 flight?

Am I permitted to use the lounge upon arrival in FRA before leaving for city in the morning of the arrival of SQ25 from JFK?

Thank you in advance for your help!
                        That is a tricky one. I'll let others who know more cover some other aspects of it but can provide some information on:
                        1. Tagging the checked luggage through will depend upon whether SQ has an agreement with FRA to perform such an operation. If it were SIN, it would not be a problem but it usually is at other ports.
                        2. No lounge use on arrival, period. Lounges are for departures only and at FRA it is located on the departures level after immigration anyway. On arrival you will be moving out through passport control as you are leaving the airport. You won't regain access to departures until you go back through immigration for SQ325.

Good luck!

Comment

If you are travelling on the one ticket showing JFK-FRA-SIN with LESS than 24 hours in FRA, you are only in transit (even if you leave the airport), so your bags will almost definitely be tagged directly to SIN and you will get two boarding passes at JFK, one for each flight.

If on separate tickets but both with SQ, the same should apply but sometimes the agents checking you in at JFK will only accept the first leg so you would have to claim the bag at FRA and check in again. There is plenty of luggage storage options at FRA or at the adjoining railway station.

Comment

I was once booked to JFK on sq326 and then sq26 on the next day from FRA, I checked out at FRA to sleep overnight but didn't realized my luggage would automatically be held in transit for the next flight instead of being offloaded. SQ ground staff was so kind and offer me a full amenity kit to tahan 1 night.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
                              I was once booked to JFK on sq326 and then sq26 on the next day from FRA, I checked out at FRA to sleep overnight but didn't realized my luggage would automatically be held in transit for the next flight instead of being offloaded. SQ ground staff was so kind and offer me a full amenity kit to tahan 1 night.
                              How was that experience? Was there anywhere to sleep in FRA, like a row of benches or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X