Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
    Indeed. SQ1 is the ONLY flight that is scheduled to land at HKG on Sept 16 (HKG time) from morning to noon, while all other flights are cancelled or delayed. If the typhoon really hits, I suspect SQ1 will divert to TPE.

Not quite sure how SQ decides to depart SQ1 despite that all other arrival flights to HKG on Sept 16 morning to noon are cancelled or delayed. Based on my experience, SQ1 is more likely to depart on time/reschedule from SFO rather than cancel comparing to UA and CX.
    Yeah I suspect this as well. What's baffling though is that all the CX aircraft arrived into SFO on Friday afternoon, night and this morning and are all gonna sit in SFO as canceled (i.e. Today's CX redeyes, operated by the 77W and A359, respectively as well as today's afternoon flight CX879).

Comment

• SQ857|16SEP (HKG-SIN) departed 8 hours earlier than scheduled to avoid Typhoon Mangkhut.

STD: 0900
      ATD: 0118

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        Yeah I suspect this as well. What's baffling though is that all the CX aircraft arrived into SFO on Friday afternoon, night and this morning and are all gonna sit in SFO as canceled (i.e. Today's CX redeyes, operated by the 77W and A359, respectively as well as today's afternoon flight CX879).
        Just also noticed that today (16 Sep)'s CX 872 which was suppose to depart around midnight is cancelled last minute...it is the only CX flight that was cancelled while all the other red-eye flights are getting out of HKG on time.

My rough guess for your baffling is that the CX aircrafts won't be doing much even if they made it back to HKG any way since most (if not all) CX flights are cancelled on 16 Sep.

Comment

• According to SQ's website, SQ001|15SEP (SFO-HKG-SIN) will be rerouted to stopover at Taipei instead of Hong Kong due to Typhoon Mangkhut.
          [Updated] SQ001 will proceed as scheduled and stopover at Hong Kong.
          Last edited by Not You; 16 September 2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
            According to SQ's website, SQ001|15SEP (SFO-HKG-SIN) will be rerouted to stopover at Taipei instead of Hong Kong due to Typhoon
            [Updated] SQ001 will proceed as scheduled and stopover at Hong Kong.
            FR24 surprisingly shows it is Canceled, but iCargo does show it being diverted to TPE (though the information seems to be wrong) as per your update. SQ's site on the flight status shows it's still departing as scheduled.

HKG on the FR24 map looks desolate compared to a normal day due to the typhoon, and SQ1 managed to at least land at HKG safely.

Comment

• SQ1 HKG-SIN just took off

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                SQ247 (15 sept) from MEL to WLG was cancelled.
                Pilot failed alcohol test in Melbourne

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  FR24 surprisingly shows it is Canceled, but iCargo does show it being diverted to TPE (though the information seems to be wrong) as per your update. SQ's site on the flight status shows it's still departing as scheduled.

HKG on the FR24 map looks desolate compared to a normal day due to the typhoon, and SQ1 managed to at least land at HKG safely.
                  My FR24 did not show that SQ1 is cancelled.

Wonder did SQ put their plane/crew in the risk by choosing to land in HK?
                  Who make the decision? The operation team or pilot? Think no one board the plane in HK?

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                    My FR24 did not show that SQ1 is cancelled.

Wonder did SQ put their plane/crew in the risk by choosing to land in HK?
                    Who make the decision? The operation team or pilot? Think no one board the plane in HK?
                    I am VERY IMPRESSED that SQ1 made all the way to HKG, landed and departed EARLY from HKG. It is worth noting that SQ1 is the ONLY passenger flight operating this morning.

I guess both the flight crew and the cooperation made the decision, since they would be most liable in case of safety problems. What was kind of surprising to me is that they decided to depart from SFO anyway.

Comment

I am VERY IMPRESSED that SQ1 made all the way to HKG, landed and departed EARLY from HKG. It is worth noting that SQ1 is the ONLY passenger flight operating this morning.

I guess both the flight crew and the cooperation made the decision, since they would be most liable in case of safety problems. What was kind of surprising to me is that they decided to depart from SFO anyway.
                      SQ is known for taking these risks. On the day of Typhoon Pakhar last year, they refused to cancel flights despite landings being near impossible at HKG. 890 and 860 made it in somehow but I was on 856 and we departed SG 4 hours late, circled an hour at HK and had to go around twice. The descent and approach was a roller coaster ride.
                      I was quite annoyed they didn’t just simply retime the flight (wasted my entire Sunday reporting for the flight as scheduled when I knew there was obviously going to be a delay)!

Comment

Think SQ1 just departed HK just before they change it to level 10 cat for the typhoon. Guess they have back up plan to land elsewhere if the weather really won’t permit them to land in HK.

Comment

Also I am impressed that there is still ground support (e.g. luggage, catering, refueling) at the airport under such bad weather!

Comment

• I have a colleague due to go to HK tomorrow for meetings, I am not quite sure why he is insistent on going as likely most offices will be closed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                              I have a colleague due to go to HK tomorrow for meetings, I am not quite sure why he is insistent on going as likely most offices will be closed!
                              I think business will be as usual tomorrow here in Hong Kong - it's T10 already and the typhoon is moving quickly.

Comment

• Flight Disruptions between Singapore and Guangzhou due to Typhoon Mangkhut

Singapore to Guangzhou
                                SQ852|16SEP has been renumbered as SQ9852 and retimed to 17 September 2018, departing at 1100hrs and arriving in Guangzhou at 1500hrs.

Guangzhou to Singapore
                                SQ853|17SEP has been renumbered as SQ9853 and retimed to 17 September 2018, departing at 1605hrs and arriving in Singapore at 2010hrs.

Comment

Working...
                                X