A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    The A350-900 doesn't fly between SIN and KUL at the moment. SQ118/119 is now operated by the B787-10.
    Thanks. I’m flying sq116 and sq107 so can’t try out the 787

Comment

• Saw this on CNN today https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...ght/index.html

Comment

• The "A350XWB - Ultra Long Range" and "First to Fly" markings have been removed from MSN216 (F-WZNY/9V-SGE).

It has performed 4 test flights so far.
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Seems like non-stop to LAX likely a 2019-start.

We expect to be able to announce the first destination within the next few weeks.
          The airline is also expected to start non-stop services to Los Angeles - a flight that takes more than 15 hours - next year, The Straits Times understands.
          The Straits Times article:
          https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...19-hour-flight
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            The "A350XWB - Ultra Long Range" and "First to Fly" markings have been removed from MSN216 (F-WZNY/9V-SGE).

It has performed 4 test flights so far.
            She is currently performing her 5th test flight in 5 days.

Comment

• When are we expecting the first 359ULR delivery?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                When are we expecting the first 359ULR delivery?
                The 1st SQ A350 ULR delivery is expected to be in August. It will be Msn 220 (9V-SGA), the 2nd A350 ULR to be built. Msn 216 (9V-SGE) the 1st A350 ULR will be used for flight testing and delivered in October.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                  The 1st SQ A350 ULR delivery is expected to be in August. It will be Msn 220 (9V-SGA), the 2nd A350 ULR to be built. Msn 216 (9V-SGE) the 1st A350 ULR will be used for flight testing and delivered in October.
                  Why such a weird order of regos?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post

Aircraft are usually delivered by alphabetical order e.g. 9V-SGA, followed by 9V-SGB. Although 9V-SGE was built earlier, it was slated for testing and can only be delivered later.

Similarly, the first 787-10 for SQ rolled out was 9V-SCB (for testing) but the later built aircraft became 9V-SCA (first to be delivered).

The aircraft can only fly commercially after testing is completed and certification is received. I guess it takes some time to convert the aircraft from testing mode to operational mode? So the later aircraft built which is ready gets delivered earlier to save time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                      Sounds weird to me too. Usually the deliveries are in alphabetical order even if the plane ending in say 'B' is ready first.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        Sounds weird to me too. Usually the deliveries are in alphabetical order even if the plane ending in say 'B' is ready first.
                        I don't see this as being weird. 9V-SGA will definitely be the first to be delivered in August. 9V-SGB & 9V-SGC are already in the FAL and can be delivered in August and September. 9V-SGD will be entering the FAL very soon. I don't see why she can't be delivered in October. If you are so concerned about the A350 ULR with registrations in alphabetical order being delivered in sequence, you will not be disappointed. 9V-SGE can wait in line to be delivered on 31 October.

Comment

• According to this stuff.co.nz article (https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...f-christchurch), CHC will be getting the A359s in Jan 2019. So does that mean come Jan 2019 IST will be the only long haul destination left with regular, scheduled B77E service, or would IST changeover at the same time as CHC or even before that...?

I noted a "journalistic error" on the report, which says SIA's current B777-200ERs used on the CHC routes have 312 seats. We all know the 9V-SV* series used on the route have only 271 seats - 26C245Y, so the report is incorrect. It is actually Air NZ's B77E that are configured with 312 seats - C26W40Y246, with 10 abreast in economy.

Oh, and just to be picky, the article also stated that "the A350-900 Airbus which has higher ceilings, larger windows, and wider body." Hmmm since when did the A350 have a wider body compared to the B777...?

Anyway, interesting time ahead...

Comment

• https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...from-jan-2019/

Singapore Airlines from January 2019 is launching new Airbus A350-900XWB service on Singapore – Christchurch route, reflected in the reservation system as of 0355GMT (14MAY18). The A350 will replace existing Boeing 777-200ER service on SQ297/298, effective 07JAN19.

SQ297 SIN1950 – 1040+1CHC 359 D
                            SQ295 SIN2200 – 1520+1CHC 772 136

SQ298 CHC1200 – 1740SIN 359 D
                            SQ296 CHC1420 – 2000SIN 772 247

SQ295/296 operates on seasonal basis, from 28NOV18 to 09FEB19 (SIN departure).

Comment

• Hmm I believe there is an error or typo in the Routesonline schedule for SQ295/296 - schedule shows SQ296 departing CHC before SQ295 is due to arrive...? I think perhaps STA @ CHC should be 1250 instead...
                              Last edited by wlgspotter; 14 May 2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                                Hmm I believe there is an error or typo in the Routesonline schedule for SQ295/296 - schedule shows SQ296 departing CHC before SQ295 is due to arrive...? I think perhaps STA @ CHC should be 1250 instead...
                                Agreed. Well spotted! (Excuse the pun )

This makes me suspect the SV series is more than likely on the way out. They only need about 5 now to cover existing flights and this will reduce their need even further. Question now remains where they will get the A359 from. Could be that BNE switches to the 787, or SFO changes to ULR. I'd lean toward the BNE option.

Comment

Working...
                                X