A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by k3nnis View Post
    Thx. Does skw have new suites and business?
    Yes SKU, SKV and SKW all have the new seat products installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
      Yes SKU, SKV and SKW all have the new seat products installed.
      Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
        What has happened to SKM? Been out of service for more than 3 months...very unusual.
        It is common knowledge that SKA-E are leased. But they are not the only ones. 4 others are leased in too....not sure exactly which ones, but may include SKM.

One possible explanation is that SKM's lease was nearing its end and it was underperforming to the extent that SQ decided to return it instead of SKE, which also explains why SKE still remains in service. That may also explain why the SQ A380 fleet was reduced by one at end March, as per SilverKris fleet listing.

Anyone with inside info?

Comment

Thx. Does skw have new suites and business?
          Yes, the brand new plane has the new products.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Yes, the brand new plane has the new products.
            Thanks for that Is row 16 for J ok?

Comment

Is row 16 for J ok?
              Yes row 16 is nice - suitably far away from the galley and main bank of toilets in this cabin which is much further back (around row 24).

My most recent flight on this aircraft from LHR-SIN was in 14K - no complaints.

Remember you can always tell if you're on an A380 with the new seat products in business class because there are 97 rows in this cabin on the seat map - that's unique to this plane (there are 27 or 96 rows in business on the 'older' A380s).

Comment

Yes row 16 is nice - suitably far away from the galley and main bank of toilets in this cabin which is much further back (around row 24).

My most recent flight on this aircraft from LHR-SIN was in 14K - no complaints.

Remember you can always tell if you're on an A380 with the new seat products in business class because there are 97 rows in this cabin on the seat map - that's unique to this plane (there are 27 or 96 rows in business on the 'older' A380s).
                I think you mean there is a Row 97, whilst old J class has a Row 96. I can't imagine what a 97-row business class cabin would look like...

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                  I think you mean there is a Row 97, whilst old J class has a Row 96. I can't imagine what a 97-row business class cabin would look like...
                  Ha yes you're right - there is a row 97 is what I meant - not there are 97 physical rows - that would be a very dense configuration in any class!

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I tried to book 11d/f for the double bed for my wife and daughter but could not. Is it only for SQ gold and PPS?

I'm KF blue

Thanks,
                    K.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I tried to book 11d/f for the double bed for my wife and daughter but could not. Is it only for SQ gold and PPS?

I'm KF blue

Thanks,
                      K.
                      It's only for PPS members in advance I believe, but may well open at online check-in. Log on exactly 48h before your flight to get the best chance to secure them. Remember 91 D/F and 96 D/F also have the double bed.

Comment

It's only for PPS members in advance I believe, but may well open at online check-in. Log on exactly 48h before your flight to get the best chance to secure them. Remember 91 D/F and 96 D/F also have the double bed.
                        Thanks for the tip. Would you prefer the front J or the back J ie 91 and 96 rows?

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Would you prefer the front J or the back J ie 91 and 96 rows?
                          No complaints from my night in 96 D/F a few months ago:

You may wish to be further forward - but row 91 is a bit close to the toilets for my liking (4 toilets in that area). I'd personally aim for row 11, then row 96, then row 91 in that order.

Comment

No complaints from my night in 96 D/F a few months ago:

You may wish to be further forward - but row 91 is a bit close to the toilets for my liking (4 toilets in that area). I'd personally aim for row 11, then row 96, then row 91 in that order.
                            Are the two middle seats of row 11,91 and 96 for PPS only? I referred to expertflyer that showed 96 D and F are empty. However, the Singapore Airlines hotlines said they are not available.

Comment

• SIA's official seat map shows 11DF, 91DF, 96DF as convertible into double beds (They have a handy icon on the seat map to show this.)

I have the same question as heninkk: are these 3 sets of convertible double bed J seats all reserved for PPS only?

I wonder if SQ will ever begin charging extra for these pairs of J seats, similar to how extra legroom seats in Y are chargeable.

In Suites, where 1A/2A and 1F/2F are convertible into double beds, there is no restriction, and anyone can select those seats.

Comment

• Thanks guys. So all other J seats cannot be converted ? If so will be very difficult to get one that does as I have no status.

Comment

Working...
                                X