Preview of inflight menu in J/F/R classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview of inflight menu in J/F/R classes

Stumbled upon this function this morning.

In-flight menus now available to aid the decision process whether or not to BTC. We can now pre-order the main courses.

This is a true cost cutting move, as it means that the airline no longer needs to uplift more meals than it caters for. It also means that they SHOULD NOT run out of meals of your choice, and it should reduce the workload of the cabin crew.

Yes, saw it under Inflight meal for "Manage Booking" as well for my HND-SIN flight next month. Now I am pondering between the Hanakoreiki or the Miso Wagyu Beef....
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

this is helpful! thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Hmmm.. doesn't work via the app?
        There are no options under inflight meal.
        BTC options are there as per normal.

Edit:
        Doesn't work via the website either.
        My flight is in July though, could menus be uploaded monthly?
        Last edited by 76er; 27 May 2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Y class cannot preview the menu and what meal is going to be on the flight, right?

Comment

Even if this is a cost-cutting measure, it seems to be one of the rare where all benefit. As mentioned, airline doesn't cater more than necessary, passengers always get their choice, cabin crew stress is reduced. The only thing that needs to happen is that passengers MUST be made aware of this and choose their meals....or else even if a small percentage don't, there might be still some issues. Overall seems to be a good, helpful thing. Smart move, SQ!

Comment

Originally posted by 76er View Post
              Hmmm.. doesn't work via the app?
              There are no options under inflight meal.
              BTC options are there as per normal.

Edit:
              Doesn't work via the website either.
              My flight is in July though, could menus be uploaded monthly?
              Didn't work for my redemption J on SQ32, in less than a week (but out of the 48 hour period).
              Which is similar to yours, meaning no other options for any specific inflight meal (other than choosing inflight meal)

Editted: Clicking the button link on top to view inflight menu, but mine still says menu unavailable.
              Last edited by fone; 27 May 2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Works on my app for upcoming flight in June (more than 48 hours out but less than a week).

Comment

Inflight Menu is shown on my SQ231/232 flight, but I cannot choose (yet):

Inflight Menu

Singapore to Sydney

The inflight menu shown here is for your preview. If our inflight meal offerings do not suit your preference, you may consider opting for a Book the Cook meal instead.

SLEEPER SERVICE
                  À la carte

MAIN COURSE

Yoke Choke Herbal Broth Chicken with Wolfberries, Brown LaMien and Shimeji Mushroom
                  This classic Cantonese herbal meal is a popular comfort food that aids recovery. It is dense in essential macronutrients and combines the goodness of chicken with colorful fiber rich vegetables and complex carbohydrates from brown noodles. The iron in wolfberries enhances oxygen transport and boosts energy production. This wholesome meal helps rejuvenate the body on flights.

Roasted Lamb Loin with Flageolet Bean Gratin
                  Accompanied by roasted radicchio and tapenade

Selection of Dim Sum
                  Fried radish cake, seafood bean roll, seaweed roll and chicken shao mai

American Breakfast
                  Cheese gratinated crepe filled with scrambled egg, asparagus, veal sausage and tomato
                  Bread selection with preserves and yoghurt

Continental Breakfast
                  Assorted bread with preserves

LEGEND

A 'Deliciously Wholesome' choice
                  A dish exclusively created by our International Culinary Panel chef
                  Celebrating 70 years with our customers' favourites
                  Menu items are subject to availability and change.

Information is correct as of 12-May-2017.

Inflight Menu

Sydney to Singapore

The inflight menu shown here is for your preview. If our inflight meal offerings do not suit your preference, you may consider opting for a Book the Cook meal instead.

LUNCH
                  REFRESHMENT
                  À la carte

MAIN COURSE

Grilled Beef Fillet in Bordelaise Sauce
                  With mushroom-spinach gratin and cherry tomato

Snapper Fillet in Oriental XO Sauce
                  With pak choi, bell pepper and egg noodles

Chicken Stuffed with Bush Mint Ricotta Cheese
                  Served with lime chicken jus, baby red capsicum, pumpkin, shallot and celeriac puree

Malay Style Lamb Rendang
                  Served with stir fried vegetables and basmati rice

LEGEND

A dish exclusively created by our International Culinary Panel chef
                  A healthier choice - lower in cholesterol and saturated fat
                  Specially created to celebrate 50 years in Australia
                  A popular local fare dish
                  Menu items are subject to availability and change.

Information is correct as of 12-May-2017.

Comment

I think you can't choose main course from the inflight menu. It's just shown so you can decide whether to BTC, or choose from the menu when the time comes. That's how I interpreted it...

Comment

Yes, my bad. The menu is only for preview to decide if you want to BTC. Cannot book the desired main course offered inflight. Maybe is to reduce the number of pax with BTC meals who eventually decided to go for the inflight meals selection during the flight?
                      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

I like this move! I did BTC in PEY from JFK and wish I didn't because I wanted something from the main menu, and what I booked was similar to what they served on another meal which I did not BTC for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                          I like this move! I did BTC in PEY from JFK and wish I didn't because I wanted something from the main menu, and what I booked was similar to what they served on another meal which I did not BTC for.
                          My upcoming PEY flight not showing the menu, but my return flight on J is showing, so it is available only for J and F/R.

I believe it is available one month prior your departure. My SQ231/232 early June is showing but SQ207/212 end of June and my SQ2/7 in July are not.

Great service, so you can choose BTC or regular meal, although you can always change your BTC if the regular meal is more attractive and still available.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                            My upcoming PEY flight not showing the menu, but my return flight on J is showing, so it is available only for J and F/R.
                            Oh ok. That's unfortunate. Anyway I don't think I would BTC for PEY anymore after my first experience.

Comment

I think this is a great feature!! I've just decided to cancel BTC for 2 upcoming flights because the on board menu looks more interesting!

Comment

Working...
                              X