A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
    ...we might see it painted in October...
    Long way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
      Long way to go!
      Apparently the tail fins arrive at the FAL painted. Trying to find a pic of the tail in SQ colours, but can't seem to find one. Might have mixed it up with something else.

Comment

There are another 2 stations before the paint shop. These involve Indoor Ground tests, cabin customisation & Outdoor Ground test. Assuming it takes a month in each station, painting will start in September at the earliest. Installation of engines & cockpit furnishing is next. So the first flight will take place in November at the earliest.

It's definitely still some way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          When I read the above article, Copenhagen really comes to mind. Very long flight, room to grow the partnership with SK, more economical to deal with the sometimes patchy demand of going daily.
          CPH could possibly be one of the earliest roll outs to A350, but SIA owns Virgin Australia, I think they might prefer to provide better connection to its subsidiary market first.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
            but SIA owns Virgin Australia
            SQ doesn't "Own" Virgin Australia, its just a share holder.

Comment

The top of the tail fin of MSN 26 can be seen in the background. She is currently in Station 40 of the Final Assembly Line. Hope to see more complete pictures of her soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                The top of the tail fin of MSN 26 can be seen in the background. She is currently in Station 40 of the Final Assembly Line. Hope to see more complete pictures of her soon.

Alright!

Comment

Nice peek!

Comment

Msn 26 was moved to Station 30 yesterday. This is where indoor ground tests and cabin customisation will take place. Perhaps we will get to see the cabin configuration soon.

Comment

Msn 26 was moved to Station 30 yesterday. This is where indoor ground tests and cabin customisation will take place. Perhaps we will get to see the cabin configuration soon.
                      Awesome. I can't wait for the A350's to enter service and replace those noisy and outdated B777's. Sometimes I wish that SQ will be an all-Airbus airline as I find their aircraft much better than Boeing's.

Comment

Cool. I just flew on the Qatar A350 in Economy and it was very good.

Comment

Msn 30 (SQ #2) and Msn 31 (SQ #3) are now in Station 50 and 40, respectively. Together with Msn 26 (SQ #1) in Station 30, the first 3 SQ A350s are now all in the Final Assembly Line.

Comment

Great news. When will the MSN 26 be painted? I presume in the next 2-3 months or less?

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                              Great news. When will the MSN 26 be painted? I presume in the next 2-3 months or less?
                              I would think in another 3 months. Msn 26 is currently in Station 30, which practically involves the entire cabin installation, structural installations like winglets & landing gear doors, etc. Then there is the mechanical, electrical & avionics testing. I would think this would take up a major part of July. Then it will enter Station 18 for outdoor pressurisation, communication, fuel and door testing. Painting comes next, probably in September or later. That's just my guess.

Comment

I would think in another 3 months. Msn 26 is currently in Station 30, which practically involves the entire cabin installation, structural installations like winglets & landing gear doors, etc. Then there is the mechanical, electrical & avionics testing. I would think this would take up a major part of July. Then it will enter Station 18 for outdoor pressurisation, communication, fuel and door testing. Painting comes next, probably in September or later. That's just my guess.
                                Thanks for the info. So is it safe to say that SQ should be taking delivery of their first one by November/December if all goes well? All I know is that there will be three in service by Q1 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                X