Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore Dining - Osia at Resorts World Singapore (Sentosa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Dining - Osia at Resorts World Singapore (Sentosa)

There is great food in Singapore. Fantastic variety, and a great selection of cuisines and price points, from hawker centres to fine dining.

That said, I believe that the best food value in Singapore is the street food, coffee shop (kopitiam) and hawker centre cuisine, where you get exceptionally tasty food at amazingly low prices (forget about ambience, though...).

For the most part, it seems that the fine-dining scene is dominated by pricey, expensive restaurants, where you need to pay top dollar for your meal. There is also a disturbing trend where celebrity chefs set up shop here and charge near-ridiculous prices for the privilege of dining on their creations in-absentia.

Restaurants which serve exceptional cuisine at prices which will not break the bank exist, but are few and far between.

Which is why I am writing this post on Osia, a restaurant within the Resorts World Sentosa complex, close to Universal Studios.

I had lunch there today, and I found the food to be exceptional, both in terms of cuisine as well as service and price point. They serve a set menu at lunch time which represents pretty good value by Singapore standards, considering the quality of what you get.
    Last edited by yflyer; 8 July 2014, 12:48 AM.

Osia is located within the Resorts World Sentosa complex, close to the entrance to Universal Studios, but you don't need to enter Universal Studios to eat there as it is located in the public area of RWS / Sentosa.

You can drive right into Sentosa (It is now an automated payment system to drive into the Island, where they deduct $6 from your car IU as you drive onto the Island.) and park at the RWS carpark.

Comment

They have a set menu for lunch.

There is an a-la-carte menu available for dinner, as well as a kid's menu.

This was the lunch menu today...

Comment

While many other restaurants in Singapore serve bread/rolls on a complimentary basis, Osia offers "stone hearth flat bread" with a variety of toppings at $11 a serving.

I was initially a little sceptical, but Mrs yflyer was interested in trying this, so we ordered this. You had a choice of toppings, and you could choose either one or two different toppings. We chose two toppings, the macadamia pesto, and truffled kalamata olive.

This served piping hot a few minutes later...

The flatbread came with olive oil, butter, and a tube of pistachio cream cheese.

This was absolutely delicious. By a large margin, the most delicious bread we have had in a restaurant in a long time.

Piping hot, with the subtle flavours of the toppings, and the novelty of delicious cream cheese out of a toothpaste-like tube, this was a great start to the meal.

It was so good that we ordered a second helping, with onion sour cream and garlic butter toppings the next time round.

Comment

I ordered the yellowtail amberjack and Norwegian prawn starter, which was a cold ceviche/tartare style dish.

This came in a small portion (I could have devoured a portion three times the size), but it was fresh and tangy and very well prepared.

Mrs yflyer ordered the foie gras (A $12 supplement to the set menu) which was good as well.

Last edited by yflyer; 8 July 2014, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Among the mains our party had were the oxtail (served "compressed" and boneless)...which was very rich and flavourful...

And the chicken breast and parmesan risotto, which was also very tasty without being overpoweringly creamy.

The standout main was the pork cheek -- bursting with flavour, and absolutely tender and soft.

Comment

The desserts were no less impressive...

This was the vanilla mascarpone iced parfait...

They also had Valrhona hot chocolate "soup" which was an inspired variation of the now almost cliched molten chocolate lava cake available at Mortons, Nobu and other places. Rather than a chocolate cake with the inside still gooey or liquid, this was a small bowl of rich chocolate "soup", really a thick sauce, akin to Spanish Hot Chocolate, with a layer of cake-like crust on top.

This was accompanied by peppered vanilla ice cream. Delicious!

Coffee/Tea were also included in the set.

Service was excellent as well (Not something to be taken for granted in Singapore...).
              Last edited by yflyer; 8 July 2014, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Highly recommended!

Comment

Thanks, yflyer! Looks like I need to make a booking for the weekend!

BTW, how's the crowd there?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    Thanks, yflyer! Looks like I need to make a booking for the weekend!

BTW, how's the crowd there?
                    Do order the flatbread -- a very nice way to start the meal!

There were still tables available for walk-ins for weekday lunch earlier this week...not sure about weekends or dinners, though.

Congrats on getting your TPP, by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                      Do order the flatbread -- a very nice way to start the meal!

There were still tables available for walk-ins for weekday lunch earlier this week...not sure about weekends or dinners, though.

Congrats on getting your TPP, by the way!
                      thanks, yflyer.

Comment

May be worth it for you to buy RWS Invites membership. Costs $150 in annual fees but you immediately get a choice of a welcome gift (like $200 in F&B vouchers) and other benefits. The spa at ESPA is exceptional!

Comment

Working...
                        X