Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to SQTalk, dwintersun.

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
    Unfortunately, you only gain access to The Private Room when you depart from Singapore on First Class or Suites. Since your onward flight to Bali is in Business, you will only be allowed to use the J-Class section of the SilverKris lounge where your dinner/breakfast/lunch plan shouldn't be a problem.
    Sorry but this is incorrect. I have been in TPR many times when arriving in F and going onward in J, not always on the same ticket either....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Sorry but this is incorrect. I have been in TPR many times when arriving in F and going onward in J, not always on the same ticket either....
      My apologies for the misinformation then.

SQ ought to clarify their entry policy for TPR. Listing it under lounges on their website would be a start.

Comment

Thanks MAN_Flyer for your information!

Trust that your answer had already answered my question as to whether if it's possible to enter The Private Room with a F Saver Redemption Ticket from HKG-SIN-DPS based on your past experiences.

Would certainly love to stay there and enjoy the fine champagne and food and make good use of my miles

Comment

Originally posted by dwintersun View Post

Trust that your answer had already answered my question as to whether if it's possible to enter The Private Room with a F Saver Redemption Ticket from HKG-SIN-DPS based on your past experiences.

Would certainly love to stay there and enjoy the fine champagne and food and make good use of my miles
          well the champagne has had a recent downgrade according to reports on this forum
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Presuming it is your first time in there don't set your expectations too high and you will probably enjoy it. It's a nice lounge for sure, mainly becuase it is generally quiet in there. But it's still an airport lounge at the end of the day. As you can see on TPR thread on here, they have cut back on quality of wines and champagnes available in there recently.

Comment

URGENT HELP

Hi everyone,

I'm in HKIA now and apparently the check-in agent is a newbie based on my experience :/

1. Told him to check into Singapore for my check-in luggage and apparently, there isn't any problem.

2. Told him to issue boarding pass from SIN-DPS (flight on 24/1) and in the same ticket as my First Class sector - he called his manager and he said no cuz if luggage is to SIN, they can't issue BP for next sector.

3. Asked him to give me the priority tag as sourvenir and he said cannot (I saw a TR where someone actually got a "clean" priority tag..

-----

1. Issue: I need to get into TPR tonight and hence need the BP for SIN-DPS, where can I further request for it? The only thing that I can think of is in the lounge ;(

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm in HKIA now and apparently the check-in agent is a newbie based on my experience :/

1. Told him to check into Singapore for my check-in luggage and apparently, there isn't any problem.

2. Told him to issue boarding pass from SIN-DPS (flight on 24/1) and in the same ticket as my First Class sector - he called his manager and he said no cuz if luggage is to SIN, they can't issue BP for next sector.

3. Asked him to give me the priority tag as sourvenir and he said cannot (I saw a TR where someone actually got a "clean" priority tag..

-----

1. Issue: I need to get into TPR tonight and hence need the BP for SIN-DPS, where can I further request for it? The only thing that I can think of is in the lounge ;(
                Try the transfer desk when deplaning in SIN if all else fails

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Did something change about R->J TPR access that I haven't heard about, or is it agent roulette?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...l#post22262233

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    Did something change about R->J TPR access that I haven't heard about
                    Not for me, certainly the last time I tried which was about eight weeks ago on a MAN-SIN-SGN ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      I don't think it's an issue coming out and going back in again. However, going in and coming back out is. I've had friends while on transit in SIN, to come out, have a meal on land side for an hour so before their connecting flight.
                      I think that is correct. Pax cannot enter airside and then leave the same day without flying. When I tried to do it last summer, SQ had to sign a form for me and I was told by the immigration official to eat at a restaurant outside next time. (I didn't tell him the TPR was better because it was free. )

Comment

Working...
                      X