Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downgrading from accidental Solitaire PPS status

First world problems, I know ...

I transferred too many miles to my KF account and got promoted to Solitaire.
    I can't see myself ever flying that much to maintain status.

(1) How does downgrading back to regular PPS work? Presumably if PPS Value is between 25k and 50k you return to regular PPS?
    (2) Is there anyway I can elect to downgrade (so as not to waste my reserve PPS value)?

i don't think they let you do that, you are most probably right you'd have to wait till your next renewal cycle and ensure you do not have enough PPS$ to maintain. I too am in same position where I'd rather keep my PPS$ to lengthen my PPS status by another 2 years instead of "burning it to upgrade to Solitaire where I would not benefit in the next 2 years.

You could call the call centre - like to hear your feedback. I tried and got a no

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
      i don't think they let you do that, you are most probably right you'd have to wait till your next renewal cycle and ensure you do not have enough PPS$ to maintain. I too am in same position where I'd rather keep my PPS$ to lengthen my PPS status by another 2 years instead of "burning it to upgrade to Solitaire where I would not benefit in the next 2 years.

You could call the call centre - like to hear your feedback. I tried and got a no
      Someone mentioned emailing krisflyer instead of calling the call centre ... haven't tried that yet though

Comment

Couple of things you might not know:

1) If you are a Solitaire and don't earn any PPS value, you receive a free year as PPS afterwards ("soft landing")

2) PPS Reserve Value is set to zero after 36 months. So you can't stretch PPS value to requalify without flying beyond that timeframe.

3) SQ will give you a free year next month and you defiantly want 50,000$ PPS value and not 25,000$.

It's utter non-sense to "downgrade" from Solitaire to PPS factoring in the points above.

Comment

Working...
        X