No announcement yet.

SIA 737 MAX Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they planning to do the refits here, even for those still with Boeing?
    an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
      Are they planning to do the refits here, even for those still with Boeing?
      Yes, MBG-MBN will be refitted here post-delivery.

Comment

The FAA keeps on updating advisories: https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-upd...eing-737-max-0

It will be ultimately up to SIA's customers to decide if they are willing to fly with the 737Max or not. American airlines allow free re-bookings in case of customers refusing to board the 737Max ... one assumes SIA will do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by LPPS View Post
          The FAA keeps on updating advisories: https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/faa-upd...eing-737-max-0

It will be ultimately up to SIA's customers to decide if they are willing to fly with the 737Max or not. American airlines allow free re-bookings in case of customers refusing to board the 737Max ... one assumes SIA will do the same.
          Gulp, err....... doesn't really instill confidence in passengers if they get to know this. Apart from SQ, OD, MH and DD (maybe Lion Air Group) might the only few operators in this SEA region.

Comment

For SIA, there be some or most occasions where passengers will not be able to chose not to fly the Max, as there be some destinations that SIA will use exclusively with the MAX. And in near future all of SQ's 737s will be the 737-800 Max. Unless one doesn't want to fly SQ however there be situations where only SQ flies to with its Max.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              For SIA, there be some or most occasions where passengers will not be able to chose not to fly the Max, as there be some destinations that SIA will use exclusively with the MAX. And in near future all of SQ's 737s will be the 737-800 Max. Unless one doesn't want to fly SQ however there be situations where only SQ flies to with its Max.
              Two examples in India are Kochi and Kolkata, which once SIA restarts India routes next week will be operated with the 737 MAX (It’s denoted as 737 NG on bookings)

Comment

Singapore Airlines has began operating 737MAX8 to Phnom Penh.
                Last edited by Not You; 29 November 2021, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Singapore Airlines will be operating the 737MAX8 to the following destinations:
                  - KUL from 10DEC
                  - REP from 17DEC
                  - BWN from 24DEC

Comment

9V-MBJ, SIA's 10th MAX, will be delivered on 25th December at 14:10 as SQ8890 from Guam.

Comment

Christmas day present

Comment

Depends on the perspective. I see it as a waste of capex and a bad aircraft that hopefully I never have to fly on.

I'm sure many others have more positive views.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                          Depends on the perspective. I see it as a waste of capex and a bad aircraft that hopefully I never have to fly on.

Soooo annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post

The 737MAX will likely be a hit with low cost operators as they will get their hands on the asset at bargain prices. Premium airlines with high yield customers will prefer the Airbus family due to safety, cabin width, in addition to range and performances advantages. A perfect sample: https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...fleet-renewal/

Comment

The 737MAX will likely be a hit with low cost operators as they will get their hands on the asset at bargain prices. Premium airlines with high yield customers will prefer the Airbus family due to safety, cabin width, in addition to range and performances advantages. A perfect sample: https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...fleet-renewal/
                              I really don't understand the Airbus cabin width argument. The difference is small and the average passenger wouldn't notice. Airlines don't care anyway.

Comment

There should be about equal number of both aircrafts types in use by budget airlines and think there are more Airbus 320 used by budget airlines than Boeing 737. One can see the largest A320 budget operator in Uk/Europe with Easyjet and a numer of european carriers. Even in Asia we see more budget airlines using A320 like Air Asia which have ordered close to 300 airbuses, and airlines like Jetstar, Scoot, Vietjet and even Peach airline and Jetstar Japan in Japan. However the Boeing 737-800 Max have been used by mainstream and not budget carriers. Even SIA ordered the 737-8 Max to replace the A320s as it provided a better range than the A320, and Malaysian Airlines, Garuda and Thai uses 737-800s too.
                                Hence it is not to say that Boeing 737 are relegated more to budget airlines.
                                Last edited by flyguy; 28 December 2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X