Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doughnuts Through LHR T3 Security

Hi guys,

Do you foresee any issues if I were to bring food through security, specifically, am planning to bring in two dozens of Krispy Kreme back home and want to hand carry this. Also any issues with Singapore security to KUL?

Cheers

It's very possible that a goon will count the boxes as part of your baggage allowance, particularly if you're travelling in Y.

On the other hand, maybe if you were willing to travel with one or two fewer donuts, the others might make it through.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The doughnuts may fall foul of the LAG restrictions as well.

Be prepared to eat all two dozen at security or throw them away.

Comment

Please enlighten me as to what's so special about these doughnuts that some are willing to lug them around the world? Just flour and too much sugar IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          It's very possible that a goon will count the boxes as part of your baggage allowance, particularly if you're travelling in Y.

On the other hand, maybe if you were willing to travel with one or two fewer donuts, the others might make it through.
          Oh! Are we talking about bribery with doughnuts?!

Those dozen Krispy Creme boxes are bulky and flimsy. I would repack them into a big plastic container if I were you.

I have carried cakes from SXB, CDG and VIE airports and security did not bat an eyelid. But I have no experience at LHR. Security in SIN were curious about my nasi lemak, asked a few questions and that was it.

Originally posted by kpc View Post
          Please enlighten me as to what's so special about these doughnuts that some are willing to lug them around the world? Just flour and too much sugar IMHO
          These doughnuts are yummielicious!!! I can easily polish off nine in just one afternoon.
          Last edited by phaleesy; 2 October 2008, 04:16 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
            Also any issues with Singapore security to KUL?
            Successful SIN Krispy Kreme-carrier here.

It's like sugary air! (fresh ones) - Like phaleesy mentions, it's very possible to eat through a whole box in one sitting (although you will really feel like crap when the sugar impact dies down).

KK is yummy, but eat in moderation!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              it's very possible to eat through a whole box in one sitting (although you will really feel like crap when the sugar impact dies down).
              You mean you feel like crap when you finally realise you have to swim a few more laps to burn off the calories?

Comment

KK is indeed very yummy. 'Sugary air' is indeed the right description.
                Did I remember correctly someone posted that they served it on the A345 flights as snacks on board?

Comment

It's rather like grape juice with too much air - what's the big deal ?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Did I remember correctly someone posted that they served it on the A345 flights as snacks on board?
                    Yes, you did. At one time on SQ37 out of LAX.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      You mean you feel like crap when you finally realise you have to swim a few more laps to burn off the calories?
                      Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves... floating first, swimming... can be... for... later...

Need KK donut now!

Comment

Do-nuts! Harbinger of a large gut, general flab and a whole host of other maladies! Make mine 2 dozen KK's as well !

Comment

I have had to carry Krespy Kremes EWR-SIN on A345 for a (now diabetic) friend in Singapore.

Have a dozen KK travelled further than that?

Comment

Only SYD-SIN here (fresh off the tray, straight to the airport though)..

Comment

It would be too tempting for me to sit on a long flight with only a box of KK for company.

Comment

Working...
                              X