No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQ338 (9V-SMB) to Düsseldorf in a holding pattern just after departure from RWY02C.

UPDATE: Whatever the issue was, seems to be resolved. Aircraft is climbing and back on track.
    Last edited by 9V-SPL; 18 November 2016, 01:28 AM.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

I had a question about LAX and any curfews.

Like YYZ, does LAX have a curfew that does not allow planes to land before 5AM and after 1AM? (At least passenger jets). I know my home base is SFO, but SQ8 consistently arrives on time to ICN but departs 30-50 min late for LAX, even in spite of a 2+ hr transit time. I wonder why that is the case? Is it because they simply don't want to land before 5AM if there's a curfew? Don't answer Daylight Savings because I know but could there be another reason?

Anecdotally, CX was in this situation when it used to have a 2AM YYZ flight which at the end did not work out as its departure got delayed due to YYZ curfew for landing.
      Last edited by SQfanatic; 28 November 2016, 04:40 AM. Reason: Fixed mispelled word, thanks SQ228

Comment

The only 1 I know is that all flights bet 0000-0630 has to be over water.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          I had a question about LAX and any cerfews.

Like YYZ, does LAX have a cerfew that does not allow planes to land before 5AM and after 1AM? (At least passenger jets). I know my home base is SFO, but SQ8 consistently arrives on time to ICN but departs 30-50 min late for LAX, even in spite of a 2+ hr transit time. I wonder why that is the case? Is it because they simply don't want to land before 5AM if there's a cerfew? Don't answer Daylight Savings because I know but could there be another reason?

Anecdotally, CX was in this situation when it used to have a 2AM YYZ flight which at the end did not work out as its departure got delayed due to YYZ cerfew for landing.
          I think you mean curfew.

Comment

SQ336|29NOV (SIN-CDG) diverted to DXB. Flight operated by 9V-SKJ.

Comment

The Straits Times has picked up on the story. Seems like 9V-SKJ suffered engine issues.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...o-engine-issue

Meanwhile, it is 9V-SKH to the rescue as SQ8850 to Dubai.

Comment

9V-SKJ is finally on her way back from DXB, returning as SQ8861. Currently estimated to arrive in SIN just past midnight local time.

Comment

SQ 661 CTS-SIN scheduled to depart on 9 December has been badly delayed for more than 24 hours. I think aircraft went tech or something. 9V-SVF.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                    SQ 661 CTS-SIN scheduled to depart on 9 December has been badly delayed for more than 24 hours. I think aircraft went tech or something. 9V-SVF.
                    Maybe it popped a SpaceBed

Comment

Flight has been re-numbered SQ9661. Currently re-timed to arrive in SIN at 2040 tomorrow (11DEC16) on CTS-HKG-SIN routing.

9V-SYJ operating tonight's SQ660 to CTS.

Comment

Newspaper report that it is due to heavy snow at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          The only 1 I know is that all flights bet 0000-0630 has to be over water.
                          Are you sure? Even the Hawaii flights do land well before 5AM to parts of the West Coast including LAX. So it probably applies to international flights that can't land before 5AM, right?

Comment

Over water means all take-offs and landings have to be over-water not over land where there's residential.

Where they depart to or arrive from doesn't matter

And yes I am sure

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              Are you sure? Even the Hawaii flights do land well before 5AM to parts of the West Coast including LAX. So it probably applies to international flights that can't land before 5AM, right?
                              CBP not ready till 6 am.
                              We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Chennai flight operations
                                Due to Cyclone Vardah, Chennai International Airport has been closed for operations. As such, the following Singapore Airlines flights to/from Chennai, India will be cancelled:

SQ528/12 Dec (Singapore-Chennai)
                                SQ529//12 Dec (Chennai-Singapore)

Customers who are affected by the cancelled flights will be re-accommodated on other SIA flights.

As the situation remains fluid, customers are advised to check the status of their flights on our website or contact SIA's Reservations and Ticketing Office in Bangalore at +91 80 22867870 / 72 / +91 80 22867999 (operating hours: Monday to Saturday - 0915 to 1730 hrs (local time)) or Singapore at +65 6223 8888 (24 hours). In addition, customers who wish to change their travel plans may also contact the above-mentioned telephone numbers for further assistance.

Singapore Airlines apologises for any inconvenience caused by the flight disruptions.

First posted on 12 December 2016, 2212hrs (GMT+8)

Source: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=iwlkla33
                                If you are going to Channai today you might get stuck at the airport.

Comment

Working...
                                X