A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
    SQ406 is operated by SKP today. Not sure how they are going to fill in all the Y pax (think quite a lot will be moved to Business) but don’t think it is enough also.

It seem like the flights to n from Delhi/Mumbai are almost full in Y n PE (few seats left on certain days) for the next few weeks.
    It definitely was full in Economy on SQ406 that I flew on the 2nd of June. That was operated by SKG.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
      It definitely was full in Economy on SQ406 that I flew on the 2nd of June. That was operated by SKG.
      Today operated by SKQ. Guess they have to find some way to accommodate the paxes. Some lucky one will get upgrade

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        and it is 9V-SKS.
        Guess the test flight is cancel?

Comment

Guess the test flight is cancel?
          Indeed. There is another scheduled for 07JUN19 with same timings as SQ8898.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

From 1st June, SQ26/25 will change to Ver 1 A380 (which mean more Y seats), SQ638/637 switch to ver 2 A380.

version 1 deployment from 1st June
            SQ406/403 (Delhi)
            SQ424/423 (Mumbai) till end June, then the A380 will go to SQ306/305(london) for 2 months from July.
            SQ807/802(Beijing)
            SQ222/231 (Sydney)
            SQ26/25 (JFK)

version 2 deployment from 1st June
            SQ308/321 (London)
            SQ336/335 (Paris)
            SQ638/637 (Tokyo)
            Damn... I lost my upper deck seats for my September flight from NRT.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
              Damn... I lost my upper deck seats for my September flight from NRT.
              Gee, that's a big "damn" indeed.

We are booked to fly SIN-AKL on SQ285 on 29th Nov, and have reserved/chosen the 2 seater on row 75. Hopefully SQ285 will remain a Ver 1 A380 come end Nov...

Comment

• What's relatively certain is that we won't see any more version 2 assignments after the Christmas/New Year period. The new LHR/CDG/NRT deployment is designed for a pool of 4, which is how many ver. 2 they will have, as SWS & SWT become ver. 3 and notionally SKQ & SQR go into the hangars.

If, as has been suggested, the subsequent refits won't take quite as long, by the beginning of the new timetable in October, it is likely two more ver. 3 will be available and then the pool of 4x ver. 2 will reduce to just a pair, as notionally SKN & SKP go in for refit, leaving only SKL & SKM.

CDG will presumably change to 77Ws as in previous years. One of the remaining ver. 2s could remain on NRT, but then LHR would need to go ver. 3. SYD SQ222/231 may well then revert to a ver. 2 to use up the other available unit. By Jan/Feb 2020 it's likely we would see the final two all upper-J variants disappear for a refit, thus removing that configuration from service completely.

Comment

• They are blocking the PEY cabin as Y for SQ406 nowadays; 12R/86J/281Y.
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SKS departed on air test at 17:03. First flight to SYD is now pushed back to 17th June in GDS.

Comment

• Just noticed that the usually-easily-available saver suites to and from CDG have been removed and now all flights are shown as waitlisted.

Checked ITA and Google flights from next year summer SQ does not sell more than 6 seats anymore. But they do sell 5 seats which is not possible if CDG is to go 777 entire year. They still sell 7 seats up to the end of current summer. The pattern suggests that we are going to see new Suites to CDG by April 2020

Initially I thought the 2nd LHR flight will get upgraded first. But as of now they still sell 7 seats next summer. And saver availability is still there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                        Just noticed that the usually-easily-available saver suites to and from CDG have been removed and now all flights are shown as waitlisted.

Checked ITA and Google flights from next year summer SQ does not sell more than 6 seats anymore. But they do sell 5 seats which is not possible if CDG is to go 777 entire year. They still sell 7 seats up to the end of current summer. The pattern suggests that we are going to see new Suites to CDG by April 2020

Initially I thought the 2nd LHR flight will get upgraded first. But as of now they still sell 7 seats next summer. And saver availability is still there.
                        It seem like only CDG is affected? Tokyo/Sydney n other destination are still offering more than 6 first class seats ? So that mean only 2 more plane will be refitted by then?

Comment

• Hmm, something must be going on.

Mainlymiles also claimed a while back that NRT was going to get v3 from August as well, perhaps someone with expertflyer could check availability to see if that's still the case?

https://mainlymiles.com/2019/04/08/y...s-from-august/

It's possible that another batch of A380 refits could be ready for summer 2020, with the 77W tidying them over in the meantime.
                          an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                            Hmm, something must be going on.

Mainlymiles also claimed a while back that NRT was going to get v3 from August as well, perhaps someone with expertflyer could check availability to see if that's still the case?

https://mainlymiles.com/2019/04/08/y...s-from-august/

It's possible that another batch of A380 refits could be ready for summer 2020, with the 77W tidying them over in the meantime.
                            Hi. I got the idea of checking from him too. I have expertflyer, for both CDG and NRT, generally it shows F4A4 which means SQ sells minimum 4 seats in F fare code, and minimum 4 seats in A fare code. This is inventory and the number gets dynamic. I don't think it shows actual seat count available.

However, on google flights which will show actual bookable seats, if one keys in 7 seats, and non stop options, then CDG is not available post 28 Oct all the way to end of schedule (but they sell up to 6), but NRT does have 7 seats throughout to end of schedule. unlike what mainlymiles reported.

It looks like some decision change there recently with regards to NRT and CDG

Comment

• New A380 introduction on SQ231/222 Sydney flights has been pushed back again - now commencing on 20th June 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                                New A380 introduction on SQ231/222 Sydney flights has been pushed back again - now commencing on 20th June 2019.
                                9V-SKS departed on her first revenue flight with new cabin products as SQ231 to Sydney.

Comment

Working...
                                X