Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    You'd be the best person on the forum to answer this:

How much load factor flies the SIN-DME sector alone?
    In the flights I've been on it has been quite heavy - 80-90%. When the flights started DME-IAH was much lighter, I could move to the back on sleep on a whole row of Y seats but has improved over time - maybe they have done some aggressive fares for ex-DME.

I moved to J in the past 6 years and that is also quite strong on both sectors. It's F that is very light.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      In the flights I've been on it has been quite heavy - 80-90%. When the flights started DME-IAH was much lighter, I could move to the back on sleep on a whole row of Y seats but has improved over time - maybe they have done some aggressive fares for ex-DME.

I moved to J in the past 6 years and that is also quite strong on both sectors. It's F that is very light.
      Thanks for the insight- DME isn't a destination we seem to talk about on here that much. It's sounding like it's probably a destination that could support itself with 5x weekly A359 stand alone flights replacing the 5x weekly tagged 77W then?

Comment

Thanks for the insight- DME isn't a destination we seem to talk about on here that much. It's sounding like it's probably a destination that could support itself with 5x weekly A359 stand alone flights replacing the 5x weekly tagged 77W then?
        I'm not qualified to say, SQ228, based on 3-4 sample points a year! SQ will have to look at its overall load factor and yields. What is certain is that the cost of running a A359 is significantly lower. The question for SQ is therefore whether they can fill the 10-24 additional seats on the 77W consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post

PCL is indeed light on SQ062. WHEN I flew this recent April, PAX ex-SIN was Two out of Eight available seats; and ex-DME, it was Three out of Eight available seats.

Comment

Wow, it's gone from LCC to nonstop on a 77W with an F cabin and a new flight to the US. All in the space of 24 hours.

And they say a day is a long time in politics.....

Comment

Been waiting for MAN Flyer to stick his head above the parapet!

Great news for MAN, and I hope in time it will come to be seen as a great decision by SQ. I have no doubt Scoot would have killed of SQ at MAN.
              Last edited by Dobbo; 14 July 2016, 02:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                Been waiting for MAN Flyer to stick his hear above the parapet!
                I'll second that one!

Comment

Anyone want to bet that SQ and UA won't codeshare on IAH-MAN when it starts??

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...form=hootsuite

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                    Been waiting for MAN Flyer to stick his head above the parapet!
                    I'll second that one!
                    The new UK GM came up to visit MAN a couple of weeks ago and they kindly invited me for lunch with him, the (relatively) new Station Manager and the Sales Manager who I have known for years. So I really wanted to grab some popcorn and try and sit this one out...
                    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 15 July 2016, 04:27 AM.

Comment

SQ to launch SIN-MAN-IAH, decouple MUC-MAN and drop SIN-DME-IAH(possibly)

From rumours and internal emails flying around on here and FlyerTalk, it seems that SQ has been strongly suggesting that it will start SIN-MAN-IAH service from March 1st next year, decouple its existing MUC-MAN flights (no surprise since they have apparently been performing poorly) and (purely hypothesizing)scrap their SIN-DME-IAH flights? They obviously are not planning on going to IAH double daily so will they completely scrap their SIN-DME-IAH flights or just the tag on between DME-IAH?

Tentative scheduling of flights:
                      SQ327/328 changes to a SIN-MUC-SIN routing on A350

SQ61/62 changes to a SIN-MAN-IAH-MAN-SIN routing, and increases to daily:

SQ62 SIN 0230 MAN 0810-0940 IAH 1405
                      SQ61 IAH 1740 MAN 0835-1005 SIN 0615+1

Thoughts?

Comment

There's a thread on that already. Mosey over here: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15400

Comment

Threads merged..... Not long now.

Comment

Ooh look, just seen this on the internet:

Singapore Airlines in today’s (21JUL16) schedule update has made further adjustment to North American operation, mainly covering Houston, as well as changes to Manchester and Moscow.

Singapore – Manchester – Houston NEW routing from 30OCT16 with 3-class 777-300ER. Currently Houston is operated via Moscow. Manchester service becomes nonstop, no longer operating via Munich
                            SQ052 SIN 0235 – 0900 MAN1015 – 1435 IAH 77W x14
                            SQ051 IAH 1915 – 1005+1 MAN1135 – 0820+1 SIN 77W x25

Singapore – Moscow Domodedovo Service operates as terminator flight, overall frequency reduces from 5 to 4 weekly. 3-class 777-300ER operates this route
                            SQ362 SIN0025 – 0630DME 77W x357
                            SQ361 DME1455 – 0625+1SIN 77W x357

At time this post goes to press, Singapore – Moscow – Houston is available for reservation, but expected to be closed in the next few hours. Note the schedule changes is currently on-going, including service to Milan and Barcelona.
                            http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...hanges-in-w16/

Comment

Milan seems to become daily from 6xw: 2xw terminator service and 5xw with Barcelona. But schedules now seem to be a mess, I think that they are going to fix them better, especially for the SIN-Europe flights. They have also re-opened first class service on all flights to MXP.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Ooh look, just seen this on the internet:
                                Are they maintaining the 8 F seats, or will this 77W get converted?
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X