Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A380-SQ View Post
    As in Post #1765
    Delivery for the first ULR is estimated for August..
    Why it is already in final assembly?
    Is the First 350 ULR Delivery now before August this year?
    I should imagine as this is a modified A350 it will require some testing, this might explain why it is on final assembly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic
      That explains why no SMV at least for now. I thought they were ordering 10 A359ULR instead of 7. Thanks for sharing.
      The number has always been 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        The number has always been 7.
        Thanks for clarifying

Comment

• Does this mean LAX is going to lose SQ 7 in favor of the LAX-SIN direct?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzflutenovice View Post
            Does this mean LAX is going to lose SQ 7 in favor of the LAX-SIN direct?
            That seems to be the speculation atleast. They will likely keep sq11/12 given how long that route has existed and whenever I took it, it was always packed (of course I am biased by summer and winter trips)
            Of course while the A345 existed in the past they have kept 3 LAX flights too with the TPE stop with a 772ER (think sq29/30) before they ended it

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
              That seems to be the speculation atleast. They will likely keep sq11/12 given how long that route has existed and whenever I took it, it was always packed (of course I am biased by summer and winter trips)
              Of course while the A345 existed in the past they have kept 3 LAX flights too with the TPE stop with a 772ER (think sq29/30) before they ended it
              I wondered if SQ tipped their hat on which LAX route they'd close with the closure of the KF lounge at ICN. Obviously bigger factors at work there with airport development, but no word of when it would re-open.

Comment

• Originally posted by kpottermn View Post
                I wondered if SQ tipped their hat on which LAX route they'd close with the closure of the KF lounge at ICN. Obviously bigger factors at work there with airport development, but no word of when it would re-open.
                Its a shame for LAX first class capacity to go 12 Suites -> 4 777 seats, I wonder if the A380 will make a comeback to SQ11

Comment

Its a shame for LAX first class capacity to go 12 Suites -> 4 777 seats, I wonder if the A380 will make a comeback to SQ11
                  It's hard to imagine dropping one of the 77W flights to LAX for an ULH direct and the other flight remaining 77W. Nevermind the F reduction, the Y capacity would be strangled. Prior to the A380 to LAX they operated the 744. Maybe JFK loses the A380 to give it to LAX or they operate 3 flights with smaller craft.

Trying to remember what happened to the A380 that came off LAX in 2016- maybe nothing much as they knew they were losing a few last year?

Comment

It's hard to imagine dropping one of the 77W flights to LAX for an ULH direct and the other flight remaining 77W. Nevermind the F reduction, the Y capacity would be strangled. Prior to the A380 to LAX they operated the 744. Maybe JFK loses the A380 to give it to LAX or they operate 3 flights with smaller craft.

Trying to remember what happened to the A380 that came off LAX in 2016- maybe nothing much as they knew they were losing a few last year?
                    All I know was it was supposed to initially do 306/305 making LHR 3x A380 daily. However, that never materialized and even as of today 306/305 are still 77WR. But probably not much when they announced they weren't expanding leases on the first 5

Comment

• Originally posted by kpottermn View Post
                      My guess is this is a permanent lounge closure and we won’t see a new KF at ICN again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        All I know was it was supposed to initially do 306/305 making LHR 3x A380 daily. However, that never materialized and even as of today 306/305 are still 77WR. But probably not much when they announced they weren't expanding leases on the first 5
                        306/305 do go A380 in the summer months no? But that is more a seasonal rather than a regular change.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
                          My guess is this is a permanent lounge closure and we won’t see a new KF at ICN again.
                          Right, same here. So does that indicate SIN-ICN-LAX is not long for this world?

Comment

Swapping an A380 back onto the SIN-NRT-LAX route is the only way to keep lift pretty much equal. Otherwise you're right, a 77W and 350ULR would throttle Y capacity.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                              306/305 do go A380 in the summer months no? But that is more a seasonal rather than a regular change.
                              They used to in Summer 2016 but not Summer 2017. What I'm saying is the turnaround times from LHR will be different. It will be SQ306/317 that are run by the 77W and SQ322/305 run by the new A380z

Comment

Does this mean LAX is going to lose SQ 7 in favor of the LAX-SIN direct?
                                I asked myself the same question and based on an article from the PointsGuy, it seems likely but SQ12/11 will probably stay as a 77WR like it currently is. That's going to put a toll on Y capacity. That's just speculation from the PointsGuy but when the 359ULR comes things will get pretty interesting for North America.

Comment

Working...
                                X