Clear All

• [SYD] "New" Qantas F lounge - reopened May 07

[cont.] "New" Qantas F lounge at Sydney - reopened May 07

Comment

Great pics! Thanks for that.

Comment

Very nice.
        Thanks for sharing!
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Looks huge. Thx for sharing.
          You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Nice pics...
            I'm not fond of the retro design, but it seems to be nice

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
              Nice pics...
              I'm not fond of the retro design, but it seems to be nice
              The lounges were designed by Marc Newman, aka Mr Skybeds. I believe he's charged with designing QF's A380 cabins. I might be a tad presumptuous - but I sure hope the A380 cabins also have that hip and groovy look.
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 June 2007, 12:03 PM. Reason: wording
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, kpc. My first impression of seeing the Marbled bar is the solidness and the weight of it all. Interesting choice of hexagonal carpet. An 'ol fogey likes me like plain boring carpet.

Comment

Hmmm... my next visit to SYD should be on oneworld then. These lounges definitely look worth visiting.

Thanks for the pics here and in your QF MEL F Lounge thread, kpc.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

My thoughts...

Thanks for the interest in the pics Definitely worth a visit; need to fly F on any One World airline or be a One World Emerald to access the lounges; or be taken in as a guest of a kind OWE member

The pictures speak for themselves but I was very impressed with the Syd lounge in many respects: great tarmac view, nice furnishings, very attentive and polite waiting staff. The sit down meal service was very nice, and I was quickly served my choice of breakfast, and champagne. The all day dining option is only served from midday.

The library was very nicely decorated (there was even a chess set), there were a number of work stations, business meeting rooms, but the spa was closed, however. The bathrooms / showers were all very modern and sleek!

Overall, I was very impressed by the new Sydney first lounge, and it really compares favourably with some of the other lounges that I’ve visited around the world.

It was a much busier time of the day (compared when I was in Syd) in the F lounge in Mel; the lounge is about a 1/3 the size of the Syd lounge; it was very busy, and it was difficult finding a place to sit – however, when I eventually found a place, the very attentive waitress found me, and took my breakfast order. The furnishings, décor etc in Mel were similar to Syd, but overall, I thought it ranked a poor second compared to Syd.

If you want to take a virtual tour of both the Syd & Mel F lounges, click below:
                    http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...nalFirstLounge

Comment

Thanks for the pics and writeup of the MEL and SYD lounges, kpc! The hexagons on the carpet make the lounge look like the inside of a bee hive!

What's on offer for food ?

Comment

That's one very very classy F lounge.....any thoughts on how it's compared to SKL F or the Wing/Pier?

Comment

With tarmac views, modern furnishings and sitdown meal service, it sounds to me that it has exceeded SKL F. I'm sure many would prefer the QF lounge over the Pier F side because of the open design (I have a soft spot for the buffet at the Pier, though, and I like the dayrooms as well).
                          Last edited by jjpb3; 1 July 2007, 11:40 PM.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Nice pics kpc. Thanks for sharing. The new QF F lounge at SYD does looks very nice indeed.

Comment

Do you think SQ is gonna make a new lounge to challenge with LH's FCT or QR Premium terminal or QF F Lounge. I think they should do so, because at the moment every airline tries to upgrade their ground product.
                              You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X