ARN to SYD flight questions - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARN to SYD flight questions - Master Thread

We want to fly ARN(Sweden)-SYD via SIN. Since SQ doesnt fly from ARN we have to choose a gateway in Europe.

We have 2 children (5+7years) + baby(1 year)

Which gateway do you think is the least fully booked, I mean most empty seats = Maybe get an extra seat for the baby???

FRA and ZRH have night flights = the kids will sleep, but we are open to any suggestions.....

Advice, please.....

I'd say that all of SQ's European flights are fairly good booked. I would not bet on any flight to by with "light loads" whatsoever. I would transit in ZRH. It's the most calm and the least stressful of the airports SQ flies to in Europe.
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Anywhere but LHR, especially with children.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. I agree, not LHR!!!!
        I wonder if any other cities have night flights to SIN?

Comment

CPH is a very nice airport with excellent connections to ARN. Unfortunately the flight isn't daily.

MAN is another option and a few years ago I would have recommended it. But people I speak to who transfer say it's a PITA. It's a morning departure as well.

I would also go for ZRH as there are currently 2 x daily flights on the new 77W's.

You don't say when you are travelling but loads in general are down at the moment, aside from the current mad holiday season when everything is choc full until new year. You could get a fairly quiet cabin if you drop lucky.

Comment

Agree that LHR is crap.

How's CDG like? There's a night flight on the 77W.

Comment

definitely NO to LHR/FRA. If u want night flt, it has to be ZRH. If u don mind day flight, then go for CPH/AMS/ZRH

Comment

There are daily night flights ex-LHR/ZRH/FRA and 3x weekly nightly flights ex-CDG. All night flights ex-ZRH/CDG/FRA are with the 77W and the night ex-LHR is with the A380. Among all these definately go with ZRH. By far my favorite airport to make connections in Western Europe. Easy to navigate, friendly, and clean. Avoid LHR T3 as it is always a potential mess. And last but not least, definately avoid CDG. Something about the design & atmosphere of the terminal (T1) that SQ uses there always gives me the creeps. Ugh! Can't comment about FRA as have not flown through there the last couple of years.
                My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

1st choice: ZRH
                  2nd choice: ZRH
                  3rd choice: ZRH
                  you get my drift

Comment

Thank you again for your replies.

Is it really that bad at LHR????

I just realised that we could save lots of money by flying from LHR.

On SQ homepage LHR-SYD return is 35400 SEK

From ZRH its 61189 SEK!!!
                    From FRA 55789

Then we have to add a flight ARN-LHR return, but I could use Eurobonus points for that.

If I book with a travel agent in Sweden its about 55.000, but thats from Stockholm going via FRA or CPH.

Any advice you can give is appreciated!!

Comment

With that sort of price difference, I would go with LHR for sure. While it has rightly been panned over the last few years it has actually got better this year. I know it couldn't get much worse but it's bearable now.

You also have the added bonus of not having to change terminals, which was one of the big problems at LHR. SK with whom you will fly in from ARN use T3, the same as SQ.

Comment

LHR-flights delayed??

Are the flights SIN-LHR usually on time or are there frequent delays??

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          With that sort of price difference, I would go with LHR for sure. While it has rightly been panned over the last few years it has actually got better this year. I know it couldn't get much worse but it's bearable now.

You also have the added bonus of not having to change terminals, which was one of the big problems at LHR. SK with whom you will fly in from ARN use T3, the same as SQ.
                          Thanks.
                          Dont we have to change terminals even if we have to collect our luugage and then check it in again??

Comment

Originally posted by chrloc View Post
                            Dont we have to change terminals even if we have to collect our luugage and then check it in again??
                            No. They should both still be operating from T3, even if you have to check lugage.

Comment

Yeah I really think since T5 opened LHR has become much better in terms of efficiency (although I can not talk about transfering as I am always starting or finishing there). The old terminals are still total dumps but as far as security and immgration lines go I have not had to wait more than 10 minutes at all this year. Even luagge seems to be arriving at the carousel quicker as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X