X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyatt FFNs Are Back...

...and this year, they've REALLY upped the ante:

The Next Big Thing From Hyatt Gold Passport

Launching October 1. You can choose your reward then earn as many as you can. Unlimited rewards. Unlimited hospitality. Registration begins September 25, 2009.

Hyatt Gold Passport is providing members the ability to choose the promotion they wish to participate in and the more a member stays, the more they earn. Members can select from one of the following two promotions:

1. One (1) free night award after every two (2) eligible stays (FFNs)

OR

2. 3,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on every eligible stay, starting with their second eligible stay

The promotion will run from 01OCT09 -31JAN10 and if the member chooses free nights as their reward, the free nights can be redeemed between 15OCT09 -31MAR10.

Once a member chooses to earn either free nights or bonus points, they cannot switch their earning preference.

There is an additional perk to the Next Big Thing promotion. In addition to both offers you have to choose from, you will earn double credit towards your tier status on all stays during the promotional time period, 01OCT09 -31JAN10 . Stays inOctober - December will count double for the 2009 calendar year and stays in January will count double for the 2010 calendar year. How exciting is that!!

**Please note. Make sure that you choose points for your stays during this promotion and not airline miles. You have to choose points for your stays or you won't get anything from the promotion if you choose miles.
    HUGE AL

Sounds like Hyatt are scrambling to match SPG!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Sounds like Hyatt are scrambling to match SPG!
      Kyo+, put the miracle fruit down! Check your facts, it's the other way around.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Hang on - this time I was quite sure SPG's similar promo started 15th Sept, and now Hyatt's starts 1st Oct... surely I can't be *that* high...

Comment

The SPG Promo is limited to ONLY 1 Free Weekend Night.

Seems like the Hyatt Promo allows us to earn UNLIMITED Free Nights and they don't necessarily have to be during the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            ...Seems like the Hyatt Promo allows us to earn UNLIMITED Free Nights.....
            Theoretically unlimited, realistically 61 free nights. There are only 123 nights in the promotional period.

Hyatt has been running similar FFN promo annually for the past decade.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
              Hyatt has been running similar FFN promo annually for the past decade.
              My point exactly. In conjunction with the FFN, we now get double stay credits for this year AND next (for stays in January). Fantastic!

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Hang on - this time I was quite sure SPG's similar promo started 15th Sept, and now Hyatt's starts 1st Oct... surely I can't be *that* high...
              Once again, you really need to read the fine print. The SPG Double Stay promo begins on September 15 - December 15; the Nights Advance runs October 1 - December 31. How these even come close to Hyatt's is beyond me.

As TerryK points out, Hyatt FFN has been around for a long time. Double stays is nothing new to either program. By Hyatt running it all together, they are really pushing the envelope and showing that they want our business.
              HUGE AL

Comment

If Hyatt really wants my business, they can give me some more love (i.e. free nights in a sweepstake)!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  If Hyatt really wants my business, they can give me some more love (i.e. free nights in a sweepstake)!
                  Don't feel so bad. I didn't get any either.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Don't feel so bad...a "free" night can cost you a lot of money! Decided to use my "free" night at Park Hyatt Paris; can't just go to Paris for 1 night so have booked 2 more nights at Hilton Paris using points; + have to fly to Paris (luckily only from Morocco)...so the "free" night is costing me lots...

Comment

A little love for me from Hyatt. Free night (yet to be used) and platinum membership (whatever that is).

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        The promotion will run from 01OCT09 -31JAN10 and if the member chooses free nights as their reward, the free nights can be redeemed between 15OCT09 -31MAR10.
                        How likely is it that we could extend the free nights to the third/fourth week of April 10?

Pity there are no cheap Hyatts in Europe for one to make two eligible 'stays'.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                          How likely is it that we could extend the free nights to the third/fourth week of April 10?

Pity there are no cheap Hyatts in Europe for one to make two eligible 'stays'.
                          Only Diamonds may extend.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                            It might inspire some status running, but 15 nights in 3 months is still more than the normal run-rate to qualify for Diamond.
                            In addition to both offers you have to choose from, you will earn double credit towards your tier status on all stays during the promotional time period, 01OCT09 -31JAN10 . Stays inOctober - December will count double for the 2009 calendar year and stays in January will count double for the 2010 calendar year. How exciting is that!!
                            8 nights to qualify for diamond? With 4 free nights thrown in? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Unfortunately I do not have time. Someone has volunteered to do a few 'stays' for me but I would still need to do some of that myself too.

Would anyone know which cities have a few properties where one could mattress run? Cheapish properties, good food, sight-seeing and shopping. Some eye candy would be nice too. I'm thinking of doing that over the Xmas/New Year period or January next year.

Seems like the Hyatts in North America are consistently cheaper than those in Europe and Asia. Is that right?

Only Diamonds may extend.
                            How long would the extension be?

Off to Japan in April 2010 and it would be nice to stay in Tokyo for a few nights at the end of the trip.

Thanks!

Comment

8 nights to qualify for diamond? With 4 free nights thrown in? Sounds like a good deal to me.
                              [where in the world are you quoting milehighj from???] You're talking about the 15 stay Diamond Trial promo, right?

Unfortunately I do not have time. Someone has volunteered to do a few 'stays' for me but I would still need to do some of that myself too.
                              How would someone do a few stays for you???
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X