No announcement yet.

All done with exams and coming to Asia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All done with exams and coming to Asia!

Alrighty I'm done and over with Semester 1 2007 and am doing some traveling in the next month.

Here's my itin:

5-8 JUL Bangkok
    8-12 JUL Singapore/Johor Bahru
    12-14 JUL Kuala Lumpur
    14-22 JUL Singapore/Johor Bahru

4th August: KUL DO: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1519

Happy to meet up with anyone who's around!

Cheers.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 June 2007, 01:11 AM. Reason: clearer dates
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

That sounds good. For me, I will just have to stay in Singapore most of the time. How boring can it get. Travelling around Asia? How boring can that be. Give me a trip anywhere outside Asia and I will be happy.

How about an SQTalk meetup in SIN?

Comment

Good on you Keith - hope the exams went well, sorry mrs nickbot and I probably won't be in Asia until next year but I'm sure we'll have some beers at some point! Keep me posted about your 16 hour layover in LHR however!

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
        Travelling around Asia? How boring can that be. Give me a trip anywhere outside Asia and I will be happy.
        For me, a trip to Asia is a highlight! You know what they said about the grass being greener...

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
          That sounds good. For me, I will just have to stay in Singapore most of the time. How boring can it get. Travelling around Asia? How boring can that be. Give me a trip anywhere outside Asia and I will be happy.

How about an SQTalk meetup in SIN?
          More than happy to if you want to take on the responsibility of organising one.

Be happy to catch up with people for drinks. I miss the New Asia Bar.

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          Good on you Keith - hope the exams went well, sorry mrs nickbot and I probably won't be in Asia until next year but I'm sure we'll have some beers at some point! Keep me posted about your 16 hour layover in LHR however!
          Cheers mate.

Yep sure will. If we miss each other during the long layover, I'm also in LON proper for 3 nights end of JAN/early FEB.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            For me, a trip to Asia is a highlight! You know what they said about the grass being greener...
            Yes it is actually. I do like Asia and would love to continue travelling around Asia and the Middle East. I would also like holidays to the Americas, Australia and Europe, maybe Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              More than happy to if you want to take on the responsibility of organising one.

Be happy to catch up with people for drinks. I miss the New Asia Bar.

Hi KeithMEL : welcome to Singapore in advance - I would be glad to organise a SIN SQTalk DO when you are here - thats July 8 to 22 right ?

Let us know what you would prefer to DO - drinks, meal ?

Will see which date/venue suits everyone.

Cheers.
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                Hi KeithMEL : welcome to Singapore in advance - I would be glad to organise a SIN SQTalk DO when you are here - thats July 8 to 22 right ?

Let us know what you would prefer to DO - drinks, meal ?

Will see which date/venue suits everyone.

Cheers.
                Wow thanks for putting up ** hand so readily - don't feel obliged to do so though.

I'm easy - probably meal and post meal drinks?

Those dates are good. But I'm in KL JUL 12-14 - should probably amend the OP for clarity.
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 June 2007, 01:12 AM.

Comment

KeithMEL, sorry I messed up my dates and miss you last time on the Hawker Centre do with Savage25. Will make it up this time

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    KeithMEL, sorry I messed up my dates and miss you last time on the Hawker Centre do with Savage25. Will make it up this time
                    Hehe no worries - look fwd to catching up this time.

Comment

So, are u coming by to the North Asia as well?

Comment

No worries : these gatherings are pretty easy to organise (I've met SQTalkers on 4 occasions already, and enjoyed each one), and amazingly each time everyone who said they'd come did turn up.

Usually an evening meet-up is better for everyone - so give us a few tentative dates as your trip draws nearer ?
                        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                          So, are u coming by to the North Asia as well?
                          Not this time I'm afraid. However i'll be in PVG later this year, and NRT early next year to start my RTW.

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                          Usually an evening meet-up is better for everyone - so give us a few tentative dates as your trip draws nearer ?
                          Probably any date 15-20 JUL?

Comment

Ok, one evening 15-20 July then; lets decide when you arrive after 8 July.

Cheers.
                            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                            X