Hotels in KL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels in KL

Hi, currently in a fix to choose which hotel to choose, options are Shangri la at sultan Ismail or Westin/Marriott/ritz Carlton in Bukit Bintang . Main objective of going KL is shopping, which of these would be a better option. We are looking at booking club rooms, so if anyone has any experience with these hotels pls do share. Because we stayed at Sheraton for our past two trips and the experience was horrifying and considering all the 3 above are owned by the same group we are having second thoughts. Which of the above has a better location for shopping?

Originally posted by balajih67 View Post
    Hi, currently in a fix to choose which hotel to choose, options are Shangri la at sultan Ismail or Westin/Marriott/ritz Carlton in Bukit Bintang . Main objective of going KL is shopping, which of these would be a better option. We are looking at booking club rooms, so if anyone has any experience with these hotels pls do share. Because we stayed at Sheraton for our past two trips and the experience was horrifying and considering all the 3 above are owned by the same group we are having second thoughts. Which of the above has a better location for shopping?
    Hi balajih67! I haven't stayed at the Westin for several years now, but used to stay there frequently. The Westin is in a good location for shopping. Do also consider the W Kuala Lumpur, which is walking distance from KLCC.

Comment

The Westin/(JW) Marriott/RC are basically all in the same location and handy for the Pavillion Mall, which is across the road from the Westin and JWM. I have always like the Westin, especially the lounge, and was always very well looked after as a Starwood Plat and regular guest. I haven't stayed there since the merger. The JW Marriott is also nice but I wasn't a fan of the RC, for reasons I can't now recall. The Shangri-La is another good choice but I haven't stayed there for well over ten years now.

Anther option is the Grand Hyatt, which is next to KLCC / Towers. and has a good lounge. You can walk it from KLCC area to Pavillion / Westin along the raised walkway as I did exactly that earlier this year when staying at the Grand Hyatt and meeting a friend who was in the Westin.

Comment

Maybe have a look at the Pavilion Hotel Kuala Lumpur by Banyan Tree, just opened up last year on Pavillion mall site. EQ Kuala Lumpur is also another new hotel which is located between KLCC & Bukit Bintang.

Comment

Working...
        X