No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are travelling to Hong Kong via Singapore Airlines, or to Shenzhen via Silkair, or to Macau/Hong Kong/Shenzhen via Scoot tomorrow (23 Aug), then be prepared for major delays - Typhoon Hato is hitting the Pearl river delta region and flights may not be able to operate as normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
      If you are travelling to Hong Kong via Singapore Airlines, or to Shenzhen via Silkair, or to Macau/Hong Kong/Shenzhen via Scoot tomorrow (23 Aug), then be prepared for major delays - Typhoon Hato is hitting the Pearl river delta region and flights may not be able to operate as normal.
      It seems that the morning and afternoon flights were affected which some managed to go at 1PM, others got delayed anywhere from 2 to several hours. Some SQ flights also got canceled. The only two SQ flights that managed to depart on time were SQ2 (9V-SNC) and SQ868 (9V-SQL) as per my observation.

Comment

• IAH will likely be closed from 26-Aug to 31-Aug due to Harvey... Does it mean SQ will be parking their metal for 24-hrs at MAN before making the return journey back to SIN?

It is fortunate that SQ51 made it out of IAH on 25-Aug several hrs before Harvey's landfall.

Comment

• Yup that is right, i was on the last flight 9v-smf that was cancelled from man-iah.

Was heading to Orlando sin-man-hou-mco, during SIN pre boarding I was calling up Sq contact centre and they said the flight was still on schedule, upon arrival in Manchester we were parked in a remote bay in MAN and I knew it something is off, then the accouncement that everyone was waiting for came through, MAN-IAH cancelled.

Thank god they rebooked me direct MAN-MCO on VS leaving 1 hour later, phew.

Apparently only 31 pax were going to IAH and all of us were rebooked to our final destination regardless of single or split different airline tickets.

Now the official news is that IAH will reopen on 31 August and I'm coming back 2 days later.. imagine the amount of overbooking and how they going to get the stranded crews back man

Comment

• SQ346|30AUG to ZRH is delayed by 7 hours.

STD: 0125
            ATD: 0822

Probably the originally assigned 9V-SKL went technical. 9V-SKH (ex-SQ403) is operating the flight.

The return SQ345 (arriving SIN 31AUG) would be delayed as well.

STD: 1145
            PETD: 1600
            STA: 0555
            PETA: 1010
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
              IAH will likely be closed from 26-Aug to 31-Aug due to Harvey... Does it mean SQ will be parking their metal for 24-hrs at MAN before making the return journey back to SIN?

It is fortunate that SQ51 made it out of IAH on 25-Aug several hrs before Harvey's landfall.
              FR24 shows that it made it to MAN but not IAH. I wonder how many A350's are in MAN due to Harvey at the present moment. My heart goes out to the victims of Hurricane Harvey.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                FR24 shows that it made it to MAN but not IAH. I wonder how many A350's are in MAN due to Harvey at the present moment. My heart goes out to the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
                I think they are parking the aircraft for 24 hours (instead of flying MAN-IAH-MAN) and then flying back to SIN as scheduled.

Horrible situation.

Comment

• SQ 328 to MUC went technical. Flight delayed 1 hour 15 mins from 12.30 am to 1.45 am

Comment

• Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
                    SQ 328 to MUC went technical. Flight delayed 1 hour 15 mins from 12.30 am to 1.45 am
                    It left at around 0730h in the end. There was a birdstrike during landing on its previous flight which damaged an engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                      It left at around 0730h in the end. There was a birdstrike during landing on its previous flight which damaged an engine.
                      STD: 0030
                      ATD: 0750

9V-SMA is operating the delayed SQ328|01SEP. Was it 9V-SMC that suffered the birdstrike (SQ633|31AUG)?

Possibly related to this delay, SQ856|01SEP is being operated by a B77W (9V-SWW) instead of the usual A359 and SQ211|01SEP is operated by a B773 (9V-SYF) instead of the usual 77W.

Comment

• SQ366 to Rome-FCO also switched to A359 w.e.f today, so not much slack in the A359 fleet at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                          I think they are parking the aircraft for 24 hours (instead of flying MAN-IAH-MAN) and then flying back to SIN as scheduled.

Horrible situation.
                          I can understand if it's for maybe a day or two since Harvey did hit Texas, but if it's 3-4 days, it's a little bit more interesting they would have to park it for 24 hours; maybe just monitoring the situation. They can simply turn back the A350 as SQ51 2.5 hours later (9:10AM to 11:40AM) which would be their usual time.

It seems horrible and difficult. New post on another thread now indicates IAH is now open for revenue service again.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                            SQ366 to Rome-FCO also switched to A359 w.e.f today, so not much slack in the A359 fleet at the moment.
                            Yes, I think they may have anticipated the next awaited delivery to occur a little sooner. The 'Thursday night to Monday morning' phase of the week will be really tight without that slack. Tuesdays and Wednesdays still have reasonable breathing space with gaps in non-daily flights to Europe, but birds just refuse to take these operational realities into account...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                              STD: 0030
                              ATD: 0750

9V-SMA is operating the delayed SQ328|01SEP. Was it 9V-SMC that suffered the birdstrike (SQ633|31AUG)?

Possibly related to this delay, SQ856|01SEP is being operated by a B77W (9V-SWW) instead of the usual A359 and SQ211|01SEP is operated by a B773 (9V-SYF) instead of the usual 77W.
                              Right after SQ856/861 got the 77W (9V-SWW), the same frame is also now doing SQ328/327 instead of the current A359. Minimally they could have used a 77WR like they always have, but sadly no PEY for those booked. This caused the MEL flight SQ237/238 to use the 2006 77W (9V-SWG). Wow quite a few knock on effects.

Also, SQ212, operated by a 773 (9V-SYF) as 9V-SPL reported earlier has departed SYD but turned back to SYD. I wonder what happened.
                              Last edited by SQfanatic; 2 September 2017, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                                Also, SQ212, operated by a 773 (9V-SYF) as 9V-SPL reported earlier has departed SYD but turned back to SYD. I wonder what happened.
                                And now the plane is on its way back to Singapore, and its gonna be 2.5 hours late.

If passengers are connecting through Singapore they gotta be worried.

Comment

Working...
                                X